Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-17-2021, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Re: HCQ/Ivermectin/Vaccines/Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Thanks for sharing this
Old 06-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Not sure you guys have seen this:

https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/article/view/23

Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19

Just to bring some transparency into this.

* The Journal name seems to show some "reputation" but it really has none. Scientific journals, magazines, and conferences are ranked. They use basically two systems: SJR and Impact Factor. The ranking is based, among other things, how the magazine, journals, or conference articles are cited by other scientific articles. FYI, I do have articles published in high ranking scientific journals and conferences.

* The Journal does not have even one year of age.

* One of the authors is a CS researcher. It is not his field. However, you could see cross-discipline articles if there is a cross-discipline problem. I see no computing science involvement in the article, for things like, e.g. simulations. It is weird to begin with.

* The Acknowledgement section is almost like a joke: "This research was funded in part by Quanta Computers, Inc., Taiwan, under the auspices of the Qmulus project"

I think "Greg Nigh" could have done better publishing a personal blog post, or even an interview.

The article content has very good points.

The Journal seems to have good intentions, read the inaugural issue: https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/issue/view/1

Take everything in there with a grain of salt, as you may see some biased exaggerations. That being said, taking into account the current fanaticism with the vaccine, you should take with a grain of salt everything from the other side as well, even from high ranking magazines and journals. Humans have bias, and societal pressure is a thing. It is best to always support dissenting voices, especially those with good argumentation. It is the safest thing to do when it comes to Science.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post

Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19

* The Journal name seems to show some "reputation" but it really has none. Scientific journals, magazines, and conferences are ranked. They use basically two systems: SJR and Impact Factor. The ranking is based, among other things, how the magazine, journals, or conference articles are cited by other scientific articles. FYI, I do have articles published in high ranking scientific journals and conferences.

* One of the authors is a CS researcher. It is not his field. However, you could see cross-discipline articles if there is a cross-discipline problem. I see no computing science involvement in the article, for things like, e.g. simulations. It is weird to begin with.

* The Acknowledgement section is almost like a joke: "This research was funded in part by Quanta Computers, Inc., Taiwan, under the auspices of the Qmulus project"

I think "Greg Nigh" could have done better publishing a personal blog post, or even an interview.

The Journal seems to have good intentions, read the inaugural issue: https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/issue/view/1

Take everything in there with a grain of salt, as you may see some biased exaggerations. That being said, taking into account the current fanaticism with the vaccine, you should take with a grain of salt everything from the other side as well, even from high ranking magazines and journals. Humans have bias, and societal pressure is a thing. It is best to always support dissenting voices, especially those with good argumentation. It is the safest thing to do when it comes to Science.
Amen! And religion! Especially religion.

I was thinking when I was reading these articles. I’m not knowledgeable enough to verify these opinions. They may well be correct. They may well be incorrect. I really don’t know.

Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Perhaps time will tell. I’ll reserve judgement meanwhile. And not submit to the vaccine. At least for now.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

I was thinking when I was reading these articles. I’m not knowledgeable enough to verify these opinions. They may well be correct. They may well be incorrect. I really don’t know.

Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Perhaps time will tell. I’ll reserve judgement meanwhile. And not submit to the vaccine. At least for now.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post

I was actually wrong. The CS researcher author does have some good background to be part of that article.
https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/
Old 06-19-2021, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

Agreed. We can't decide for sure one way or another quite yet the end result of this. There is so much yet that needs to come out. I do see some very sketchy things going on though and it makes me say "No way Jose" when it comes to the vaccine. There are so many negative reports even from doctors and scientists. I can't understand why people would just roll up their sleeve just because the TV tells them to (or even their doctor).

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 06-22-2021, 07:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

DeSantis signed mandatory vax bill?

4. Ordering an individual to be examined, tested, vaccinated, treated, isolated, or quarantined for communicable diseases that have significant morbidity or mortality and present a severe danger to public health. Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be examined, tested, vaccinated, or treated for reasons of health, religion, or conscience may be subjected to isolation or quarantine.
a. Examination, testing, vaccination, or treatment may be performed by any qualified person authorized by the State Health Officer.
b. If the individual poses a danger to the public health, the State Health Officer may subject the individual to isolation or quarantine. If there is no practical method to isolate or quarantine the individual, the State Health Officer may use any means necessary to vaccinate or treat the individual.
Any order of the State Health Officer given to effectuate this paragraph shall be immediately enforceable by a law enforcement officer under s. 381.0012.

(d) “Quarantine” means the separation of an individual reasonably believed to have been exposed to a communicable disease, but who is not yet ill, from individuals who have not been so exposed, to prevent the possible spread of the disease.
(2) Individuals who assist the State Health Officer at his or her request on a volunteer basis during a public health emergency are entitled to the benefits specified in s. 110.504(2), (3), (4), and (5).

https://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/381.00315

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-22-2021, 07:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

4. Ordering an individual to be examined, tested, vaccinated, treated, isolated, or quarantined for communicable diseases that have significant morbidity or mortality and present a severe danger to public health. Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be examined, tested, vaccinated, or treated for reasons of health, religion, or conscience may be subjected to isolation or quarantine.
a. Examination, testing, vaccination, or treatment may be performed by any qualified person authorized by the State Health Officer.
b. If the individual poses a danger to the public health, the State Health Officer may subject the individual to isolation or quarantine. If there is no practical method to isolate or quarantine the individual, the State Health Officer may use any means necessary to vaccinate or treat the individual.
Any order of the State Health Officer given to effectuate this paragraph shall be immediately enforceable by a law enforcement officer under s. 381.0012.

(d) “Quarantine” means the separation of an individual reasonably believed to have been exposed to a communicable disease, but who is not yet ill, from individuals who have not been so exposed, to prevent the possible spread of the disease.
(2) Individuals who assist the State Health Officer at his or her request on a volunteer basis during a public health emergency are entitled to the benefits specified in s. 110.504(2), (3), (4), and (5).

Commentary claiming DeSantis did no such thing, although admitting the law is as posted:

https://freeflorida.me/thread/451-la...-vaccinations/

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Not the first time I see that trend to pass laws that allow for some crazy stuff that they don’t immediately enforce but they have it available in case they need it. The law to jail people that refuse to say preferred pronoun in CA comes to mind. They promised to not use that an not enforce it except for some extreme cases, but yet the law was passed and available for persecution when needed.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:11 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

That link reports "page not found".
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.