Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: A Song For Obama? Are you kidding me??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He does so many things in that manner. Like getting law enforcement involved in stopping negative campaigning against him.

I have no idea how half this country is voting for him. I'm totally floored by this!!!

It's like he is pushing us and pushing us and pushing in that direction.
How would the media react if a group of children were singing a song written in honor of Sarah Palin?

Furthermore..., some might think I'm making too much of it, but even the ubiquitous Obama symbol just adds to this weird cultic feeling surrounding this guy.

And its not even all his doing, but its also that so many people are making him into a larger than life political figure/the political messiah/The One.
To me, it's just way out of proportion.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

<<Lets be honest about this Mr. Bennett.
If we had video of children singing the praises of McCain or Palin it would be all over the news to show what kooks they were!>>

Yes, prolly so! And that would be an interesting fight also. But since the clip is now linked on Dudge Report, will be interesting how much traction the Right may try to get from making fun of or disdaining it's supposed creepiness. Toward that end, I read there is also a Youtube that superimposes the Obama Choir with fade-ins of North Korean kids singing the praises of their sick leader K-Jong-ill. This could backfire for either or both sides. But the Obama YooToob Choir is creative if nothing else. (You think this election will be won on issues? HA. Those days are gone.)

Wouldn't an atheist maybe express the same pity upon seeing a children's choir singing the praises of their God, all in uniforms also? Are they any less tools of their parents? Nothing wrong in and of itself for kids to be tool of parents.

Seems McCain's camp appreciates pliant political kids also. A bit off topic, but

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=213&sid=1475012
Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
<<Lets be honest about this Mr. Bennett.
If we had video of children singing the praises of McCain or Palin it would be all over the news to show what kooks they were!>>

Yes, prolly so! And that would be an interesting fight also. But since the clip is now linked on Dudge Report, will be interesting how much traction the Right may try to get from making fun of or disdaining it's supposed creepiness. Toward that end, I read there is also a Youtube that superimposes the Obama Choir with fade-ins of North Korean kids singing the praises of their sick leader K-Jong-ill. This could backfire for either or both sides. But the Obama YooToob Choir is creative if nothing else. (You think this election will be won on issues? HA. Those days are gone.)

Wouldn't an atheist maybe express the same pity upon seeing a children's choir singing the praises of their God, all in uniforms also? Are they any less tools of their parents?
Nothing wrong in and of itself for kids to be tool of parents.
Let me get this straight....You're making a comparison between kids being encouraged to praise God, and kids encouraged to praise Obama?

Are you serious?

-------------

Besides, for one who's a Christian, why should we care what atheists think? Many atheists would think of YOU as being a simple-minded buffoon for even believing in God, much less praising Him. Why do you feel we should even consider an atheist's opinion in all of this?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Let me get this straight....You're making a comparison between kids being encouraged to praise God, and kids encouraged to praise Obama?

Are you serious?

-------------

Besides, for one who's a Christian, why should we care what atheists think? Many atheists would think of YOU as being a simple-minded buffoon for even believing in God, much less praising Him. Why do you feel we should even consider an atheist's opinion in all of this?
I wondered the same thing, TRFrance...Christians are to train up a child in the way that he or she should go. Yes, teach them about Jesus Christ. Teach them to sing HIS Praise.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
How would the media react if a group of children were singing a song written in honor of Sarah Palin?

Furthermore..., some might think I'm making too much of it, but even the ubiquitous Obama symbol just adds to this weird cultic feeling surrounding this guy.

And its not even all his doing, but its also that so many people are making him into a larger than life political figure/the political messiah/The One.
To me, it's just way out of proportion.
I don't think you are making too much out of it. I've read so much documented stuff about him. I wish people would wake up!!!

One thing I know, I would never have to deal with all of that with McCain!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Is this election about issues or personalities?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4one View Post
Is this election about issues or personalities?
Please, we are very well studied on the issues.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

I'm waiting for a video of some liberal being baptized in Obama's name!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Lets make us a song! We could make over that "Im a pentecostal" song. What do ya think?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
I'm waiting for a video of some liberal being baptized in Obama's name!