Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I believe and teach Jesus is God. Do you have a problem with the 3 times Paul says God created all things by his Son?

Hebrews 1:1-2 KJVS
[1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.

Col. 1:16

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
I have no problem with that. You and I are in agreement we both believe there is no separation between the father and son.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
A brother in our church was talking about the below verse a couple of services ago.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Trinitarians hold to the "let us" part, and say that this is the first Biblical reference to a three-fold Godhead.
I think the "us" is God and the man Christ Jesus who was slain before the foundation of the world per Rev 13:8. Adam was made in Jesus' image per Romans 5:14.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
I think the "us" is God and the man Christ Jesus who was slain before the foundation of the world per Rev 13:8. Adam was made in Jesus' image per Romans 5:14.
So we bear the image of God and the man Christ Jesus?
Old 04-14-2021, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
So we bear the image of God and the man Christ Jesus?
No, the image of God via the man Christ Jesus. We are body soul and spirit like Jesus. Adam was made in Jesus' likeness. Rom 5:14.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Amen.

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father through Whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried; And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father; And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
So are those “persons” individual,and god like?
No and no.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 04-14-2021, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Thanks. However, we do not have the fullness of the Godhead in us. it says 'fullness of God" regarding us. Jesus specifically has ALL the fulness of the Godhead, bodily. This does not say "all the fullness of the attributes of God". We read the latter into it for some reason. Also, Jesus had the Spirit without measure while on earth, which implies we have it with measure.
If the Spirit of God is in us, then all that makes God, God, is present within us through Him. We do not have a compartmentalized Spirit of God, or just a segment of His God-hood resident in us. We have Him and all that makes Him what and who He is.

Regarding the Spirit without measure, it does not imply we have it only in a measured way. That statement about Him was made before Pentecost. All that makes the Spirit the Spirit, is in us. Now, it may be we are not fully walking in all that God would have us walk in, and we may be grieving the Spirit or quenching the Spirit through works of the flesh as we mature and undergo the process of sanctification, but it's not like the Holy Spirit is a quantifiable substance wherein we get to say, you have only a little bit of the Spirit in you, but he has more, and I have some, but she has the most.

If the Spirit is in you, it is in you. And you can be full of the Spirit, just as Paul wrote, even after he mentioned the earnest of our inheritance.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Good points. You are right. Sorry I didn’t mean to upset you.
No offense taken. All good!

Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I agree with you on this. I also believe that is where the value of this forum comes into play. In any organization (or almost any) once the bylaws (or doctrine in this case) is established by the leadership, it becomes a matter of allegiance to the organization and the leadership. I think this may be why the church was supposed to have a plurality of elders, instead of a single, central leader, also known as a pastor. We become a sound bite Christian that parrots the words of the pastor, instead of digging out our own well.

I have attended for years, a Bible study that is a sort of round table, small group where everyone is encouraged to give an answer, not on every question, but at least be involved. In this type of study it is remarkable how many high-value answers that are given. Sometimes these answers come from the quietest and most introverted people. It helps me to understand the importance of the scripture where Paul instructs us on having church . . .

1Corinthians 14

[29] Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
[30] If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

We don’t typically do this in our Apostolic churches.

Maybe we should.

I’m sorry, of course we should. It’s the Apostolic way.
And anything less than this isn't even "church". Just a catholic mass with a "Pentecostal" coat of paint.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
A brother in our church was talking about the below verse a couple of services ago.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Trinitarians hold to the "let us" part, and say that this is the first Biblical reference to a three-fold Godhead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Not all Trinitarian scholars hold that position.
I would venture to say, almost no Trinitarian scholar holds that position.

The best answer, in my opinion, for what the "let us" refers to is here:

http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/