Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
No, Daniel was definitely not a policeman, and the Bayers daughters, (three of them actually) went to our church. But they were very close to the Dawsons (I'm not going there) largely because of RD. He is the one who convinced them to move out here, they came with their dad once when he was preaching a revival at our church, and they got really close to RD and his wife (at the time). They weren't out here all that long. I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

BTW, I'm not in hiding, but this has been a HORRIBLE new year for me, and my internet service is down at home because of some wiring damage they are trying to fix.

I had a major dental catastrophe on Sat. night, and because of the holiday, everything has been closed, so I have been housebound since then. I would really apprieciate everyones prayers, I am very down, I am going to have to start this new year off with about 6 or 7 thousand dollars in new debt for my dental work, at least. On my income, this is very upsetting.

surely you have dental insurance?? surely!

PM coming
Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
surely you have dental insurance?? surely!

PM coming
Surely not. Medical yes, dental no.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
If I am not mistaken, Boots Campbell and Rita Dawson were siblings.
True.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Daniel Delivered For Pepsi, Delivered for Arrowhead, Sold water for Arrowhead, and Sold Cars at Chevrolet.

No, Randy Duncan was a student out their and grew up in that mix. Bro. Legg was from San Jose. But was in Weedpatch quite a bit growing up.

Hey Dizzy how is everything?
Nope... Gary Legg did spend his earliest years in San Jose but a great deal of his pre-teens were spent in Albuquerque, NM. and his teen years were spent with ME in Duncan, OK. My dad was very influential in Gary getting his license with the UPCI. Gary's mom and Dad and Grandparents went to my Dad's church in Duncan, OK.

Bro. Legg and Shelley are still very dear to my heart. They were the reason I was even in Weedpatch or at Bro. Vaughn's or at the church further north.

I loved the Dawsons. I was unaware of Daniel's death.

This thread has been very valuable to me.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Nope... Gary Legg did spend his earliest years in San Jose but a great deal of his pre-teens were spent in Albuquerque, NM. and his teen years were spent with ME in Duncan, OK. My dad was very influential in Gary getting his license with the UPCI. Gary's mom and Dad and Grandparents went to my Dad's church in Duncan, OK.

Bro. Legg and Shelley are still very dear to my heart. They were the reason I was even in Weedpatch or at Bro. Vaughn's or at the church further north.

I loved the Dawsons. I was unaware of Daniel's death.

This thread has been very valuable to me.
Bro. Jones, I'm glad that you have gotten something out of this, the Dawsons were very good people. You can say a lot about peoples ministry, and there were a lot of people touched by that church over the years, but beyond that, I don't know that I have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about them, they were genuinely well loved.

The actual Weedpatch church is now in Bakersfield, it has been through a lot but it seems to coming through it OK now. I think someone already mentioned that Bro. Pulse pastored there after Bro. Dawson died, but he also died last year. Kenny Blackwood, who has been in that church as long as I can remember is now pastoring it.

The Dawson children are spread out, as I mentioned, Shelly is in SD, the oldest son (I am blanking on his name) is in FL I think, Becky and David are in Arizona (I am pretty sure about that), and Daniel was the only one left in Bakersfield. If you know the Leggs, I'm sure they would love to hear from you, they are two of the sweetest people I have ever known. (I can get you contact info) They were devastated by Daniels death, it was such a tragic thing. Daniels wife and two sons go to our church, it has been a hard
road for them.

BTW, what time frame were your parents in OK, and how far is where they were from Henrietta? My grandparents pastored there for a while in the late 70's early 80's I think.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Bro. Jones, I'm glad that you have gotten something out of this, the Dawsons were very good people. You can say a lot about peoples ministry, and there were a lot of people touched by that church over the years, but beyond that, I don't know that I have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about them, they were genuinely well loved.

The actual Weedpatch church is now in Bakersfield, it has been through a lot but it seems to coming through it OK now. I think someone already mentioned that Bro. Pulse pastored there after Bro. Dawson died, but he also died last year. Kenny Blackwood, who has been in that church as long as I can remember is now pastoring it.

The Dawson children are spread out, as I mentioned, Shelly is in SD, the oldest son (I am blanking on his name) is in FL I think, Becky and David are in Arizona (I am pretty sure about that), and Daniel was the only one left in Bakersfield. If you know the Leggs, I'm sure they would love to hear from you, they are two of the sweetest people I have ever known. (I can get you contact info) They were devastated by Daniels death, it was such a tragic thing. Daniels wife and two sons go to our church, it has been a hard
road for them.

BTW, what time frame were your parents in OK, and how far is where they were from Henrietta? My grandparents pastored there for a while in the late 70's early 80's I think.
My parents were in OK from birth to 1979. Henrietta is up in the Tulsa area (NE Oklahoma) and my parents were in Lawton and then Duncan, OK (SW Oklahoma). It was a "fur piece" from Duncan to Henrietta.

BTW... The first name that comes to mind when I think pastors in Henrietta is Bro. and Sis. Cook? Would that possibly be your grandparents? My dad and Bro. Cook were very close. After Bro. Cook retired from pastoring my dad would have him come and preach for us a time or two every year.

I just noticed the time frame so I doubt that would have been the Cooks. Regardless, I may well know your grandparents if they were in OK in the late 70s
Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
My parents were in OK from birth to 1979. Henrietta is up in the Tulsa area (NE Oklahoma) and my parents were in Lawton and then Duncan, OK (SW Oklahoma). It was a "fur piece" from Duncan to Henrietta.

BTW... The first name that comes to mind when I think pastors in Henrietta is Bro. and Sis. Cook? Would that possibly be your grandparents? My dad and Bro. Cook were very close. After Bro. Cook retired from pastoring my dad would have him come and preach for us a time or two every year.

I just noticed the time frame so I doubt that would have been the Cooks. Regardless, I may well know your grandparents if they were in OK in the late 70s
No, it was the Reeds.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I believe the name of the church was First Jesus Name Church.From what a friend told me, Sis. Dawson Passed away in the the early 90's (seemed like yesterday!)Bro. Dawson Remarried in 96 or 97 and she passed away in 2003 or 2004.
A lot of great preachers were from there - anyone know or remember Jack Burgess, Gary Legg, Bro. Cecil, Johnny Daniels, Bruce Cambell, Randy Duncan.

Robert Bayer used to preach thier big Thanksgiving week Convention.
Johnny Daniel is not from weedpatch. He is from Cupertino, CA and Jack's Creek, TN. He now lives somewhere near Jackson, TN.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Admen in Training

You are right my list included people who preached there very often. I remember Elaine Danials his daughter alot of us had a crush on her. Thank God for unanswered prayers.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
You are right my list included people who preached there very often. I remember Elaine Danials his daughter alot of us had a crush on her. Thank God for unanswered prayers.
lol!!! you aint right!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!