Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Poor Diet Number One Killer in U.S.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
A friend of my Sister just lost her 38 yr old son to Covid, he was on a ventilator for just 3 days when he passed.

He was seriously overweight from eating a mostly fast food diet.
The chocking thing is that I know two elders: one very obese, with diabetes, unhealthy, had COVD, and made it just fine; and another elder, thin, that exercised, that ate super healthy, very strong man, very handy-man, and didn't make it out of the ventilator. None of them were vaccinated.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
The chocking thing is that I know two elders: one very obese, with diabetes, unhealthy, had COVD, and made it just fine; and another elder, thin, that exercised, that ate super healthy, very strong man, very handy-man, and didn't make it out of the ventilator. None of them were vaccinated.
Most Americans, everyone else around the world hasn’t a clue about what “super healthy” actually is. Take the word “thin?” If one looks at pictures of concentration camps and UNICEF, we can see thin people. Are they healthy? No. How about anyone who goes to the local gym and “exercises?” Are they super healthy? A celebrity by the name of Joe Rogan just got the virus last week. He felt sick for two days, by the third day he felt great. That is “great” according to Mr Rogan. But I digress. I didn’t get the virus, if I did I didn’t notice it. Eating super healthy is very debatable. Exercise, is something people believe they are doing, and onlookers also believe it is exercise, when it fact it’s just moving ones body. When I hear the stories about sickly fat obese people passing with flying colors, while Elder Jack LaLanne bit the bullet. I’m highly skeptical to say the least. I’ve been a part of the physical fitness industry from my parents. I’ll tell you this, what you think is healthy, I might have the opposite opinion. Again, I haven’t gotten this virus, haven’t been sick, my wife and family are rolling right along. I just had an old GC 68 years old on the job who got COVID. Took a week, never went to the hospital, never had a ventilator. He is back on the job today.

So, cokswi what do you do for exercise?
Old 09-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

This past quarantine taught me some interesting things. One, the demand for gym equipment. Gyms were shut down. Those who trained and lifted weights needed equipment. But when they went to buy the equipment they suddenly found out that gym equipment is really expensive. No matter if its brand-new or used. The equipment depending on what it is and its brand it is going to cost a lot of money. Because when people have a gym membership they are not impacted with the price of equipment. That is the gym's problem. All the members have to worry about is paying their membership fees. But, I said all this to say people have no idea about economics. Supply and demand, and how those two items drive prices through the roof. What everyone kept hearing me say over and over, is, "did everyone sleep through economics class?" Apparently they did. But another interesting item is that people slept through biology. No one talks about natural immunity, how that is the greater than any vaccine. Now I fully understand that people are clueless about healthy eating. To a Pentecostal healthy eating is Taco Salad instead of Barbecue Cheesy Corn Bake. Cracker Barrel instead of Pizza Hut. But were is our immunity located? It is located in our gut flora. Now, I'm not going to go into the whys and hows of that subject. You can look up old Florida doctor by the name of Pearlmutter. Read and listen to his material. But these things aren't new. In High School biology we were all taught the simple 101 of the human body and how it worked. Pretty fascinating. If you all didn't learn that stuff, then I can't see why not. Unless you were sound asleep. Or if you attended Jethro Bodine High. You missed a lot. But, with everything that has happened economics and biology has sadly taken a beating.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I know a gentlemen that has covid, has been on a ventilator for about two weeks, he is a healthly big man, and seems like he will be making it out of the hospital soon. Then again, ive heard of “skinny” folks that don’t last a couple days. That age old question, “what’s the answer when situations don’t make sense”?
Old 09-03-2021, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

I was listening to this doctor talking with elderly people from different countries that live off the grid. He was inquiring about their eating habits, daily routines etc, and he was amazed when one of them said, he eats like 12 eggs a day, and has homemade butter, and of course drinks the cream from the milk. The doctor was in shock that this gentleman was I believe 110 or 115. And of course they contributed his long live to the fact that he didnt eat fast food, or processed food, and that may be true, Im not arguing that. Yet, what this article failed to also mention is that this people in this village didnt have telecommunications, they didnt have TV, Internet, Social Media, they were not stressed with a 40 hr week job making ends meat to supply their lifestlye that they shouldn’t be living.

America has this “image” of what a healthly person is suppose to look like, and because social media is so powerful it has a damning affect on the thoughts of the average american individual. So I do believe bad diets account for a lot of deaths, yet I do believe that the tecnological age contributes a lot to that number.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Healthy "big" man. Which would depend on the defining of big. Is it height? Or is it in weight? Again, what people determine as health is speculative. Especially since the people making these determinations aren't in any health regiments themselves. Sadly, the health of others is based on how a person perceives health, being "big" isn't one of the criteria.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I was listening to this doctor talking with elderly people from different countries that live off the grid. He was inquiring about their eating habits, daily routines etc, and he was amazed when one of them said, he eats like 12 eggs a day, and has homemade butter, and of course drinks the cream from the milk. The doctor was in shock that this gentleman was I believe 110 or 115. And of course they contributed his long live to the fact that he didnt eat fast food, or processed food, and that may be true, Im not arguing that. Yet, what this article failed to also mention is that this people in this village didnt have telecommunications, they didnt have TV, Internet, Social Media, they were not stressed with a 40 hr week job making ends meat to supply their lifestlye that they shouldn’t be living.

America has this “image” of what a healthly person is suppose to look like, and because social media is so powerful it has a damning affect on the thoughts of the average american individual. So I do believe bad diets account for a lot of deaths, yet I do believe that the tecnological age contributes a lot to that number.
What about prior to the Internet, and Social Media? Americans were still pale, and fat. While Uri was eating a dozen eggs, and a quart of Dannon Yogurt, he had to work manually. His wife and children probably farmer walked buckets back and forth around the property. Way before there ever was the sound of "you have mail" America has been pretty weak, health wise.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

This gentlemen I’m referring to is about 350 lbs at a height of maybe 5’9”. When I say healthly I’m meaning this guy could fling stucco mud 2 stories like nothing, he could wheel concrete mud around younger fellas all day. He’s got meat on his bones, yet he is not lazy by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
This gentlemen I’m referring to is about 350 lbs at a height of maybe 5’9”. When I say healthly I’m meaning this guy could fling stucco mud 2 stories like nothing, he could wheel concrete mud around younger fellas all day. He’s got meat on his bones, yet he is not lazy by any stretch of the imagination.
His BMI is 51.68 for his height to weight. I just lost two brothers who were big men. Look, if you are 5’9” and you have the great misfortune of being 350 pounds naked. Your heart has to do an immense amount of work. I have plenty of individuals on the job who are "big" men, who end up stroking out. I assure you, that big isn't a good look to any cardiologist. Especially down here in the Florida hot. Take the same "big" man bring him to one of my jobs, just loading a dumpster for a day, in Florida heat. He will be hunting shade by 1 in the afternoon. I cannot stress enough that overweight and heart disease goes hand and hand.