Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
mistakes, obama, republican, sad, steele

Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Oh So Now He and the President....

Our man Steele has finally played the race card, alligning himself with the "devil" incarnate-- President Barack Hussein Obama.

Is it a sad day in American politics, or is Mr. Steele telling the truth when he states that "he and President Obama aren't afforded the same tolerance of missteps as whites are because of their race."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...s/ynews_ts1505

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 04-08-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: to include link to article
Old 04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Re: Oh So Now He and the President....

I posted this with the other Steele thread.

His spending bothers me, but this bothers me even more. It was a punch in the face of Republicans, especially white Republicans.

After that stupid quote, I have no respect for him and wish to see him removed asap.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

The statement may be inflamatory. But is he telling the truth?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I don't think so. The Republicans are very sensitive to being seen as big spenders right now. There's an election coming up where they want to classify the Dems as big spenders; and, black or white or chartrouse, if their head honcho is running around staying at 5-star hotels, getting driven around in limos and taking private jets everywhere ... it doesn't help.

I think the GOP is getting what it deserves. They voted Steele in as a black man to counter BHO, who is also black. Had the President been Hillary Clinton or another white person, Steele wouldn't have gotten the final votes needed. If anyone remembers, the vote was incredibly close. There was definitely some discussion and some wheeling and dealing going on, especially towards the end where the more popular choice ended up dropping out of the vote.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

The more I see and hear out of the big two,this group seems appealing.
http://www.constitutionparty.com/press_kit.php
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
I don't think so.

Reagan's former Interior Secretary, James Watt was indicted for 20 some felonies and was hounded for years - none of the charges proved to be true.

Most of the guys who made a plea deal in the Iran Contra Affair had to be admonished by the judge that the charges they were pleading to weren't even criminal charges.

Who was the short little former senator that served as some cabinet guy in Reagan's staff? He was hounded out of office for "chasing skirts around his desk" while in the Senate.

The Idaho Republican senator with the infamous "wide stance" in the airport bathroom only survived because the charges were "gay."

George H.W. Bush was investigated for allegedly flying an SR-71 Blackhawk spy plane to Tehran just to make Jimmy Carter look bad. The fact that the charges were so ridiculous, House Speaker Tip O'Neil assured us, is exactly why we had to investigate the V.P. Because the charges were ridiculous!

I'm just going from memory starting in the 1980's. The list is actually legion. Mike Steele needs to realize that he is a Republican. This means that he will be held to a far, far higher standard than any Democrat including B.O.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Yes. I qualify this answer with he is telling the truth about some people, some of his critics with some of their criticisms.

Personally, I believe that Steele is only where he is because he is Black-- which in itself reflects the racism of some of those who put him there in the first place.

So if he is where he is at the "kindness" of someone who put him there simply because of his race, when Steele does not respond like expected he sets himself up for criticism.

This would happen to Steele if he was White too, but he is not White and he is not playing the "role" that he was supposed to play, at least in the mind of some who helped put him in the place where he is today.

This reality makes those who would criticize him apt to be sharper and less tolerant in their criticisms because he is not "playing his role" according to their liking.

However, for Steele to compare himself to President Obama in this instance is not just hypocritical. It's also not a proper comparison.

You see, President Obama was elected because America believed him, wisely or not.

Steele was put in place to make Republican criticism more believable.

The election (selection) of Steele was nothing more than a practice of Republican race-based tokenism-- something that most Conservatives say they hate, but prove to practice it when it is most convenient for them.

Apparently, Steele knows how to play the race card too, when it is most convenient.

Too bad Steele is not proving to be a good "house n_______" or uh, chairman.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 04-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

a cartoon I saw a day ago or so
Attached Images
File Type: jpg po100408.jpg (22.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Yes. I qualify this answer with he is telling the truth about some people, some of his critics with some of their criticisms.

Personally, I believe that Steele is only where he is because he is Black-- which in itself reflects the racism of some of those who put him there in the first place.

So if he is where he is at the "kindness" of someone who put him there simply because of his race, when Steele does not respond like expected he sets himself up for criticism.

This would happen to Steele if he was White too, but he is not White and he is not playing the "role" that he was supposed to play, at least in the mind of some who helped put him in the place where he is today.

This reality makes those who would criticize him apt to be sharper and less tolerant in their criticisms because he is not "playing his role" according to their liking.

However, for Steele to compare himself to President Obama in this instance is not just hypocritical. It's also not a proper comparison.

You see, President Obama was elected because America believed him, wisely or not.

Steele was put in place to make Republican criticism more believable.

The election (selection) of Steele was nothing more than a practice of Republican race-based tokenism-- something that most Conservatives say they hate, but prove to practice it when it is most convenient for them.

Apparently, Steele knows how to play the race card too, when it is most convenient.

Too bad Steele is not proving to be a "house n_______" or uh, chairman.

Your comments prove JD why this country will never move beyond racism and racist language any further than it has, because its ok for blacks to make these accusations but for a caucasian to do it would cause a near riot.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletime View Post
[/B]
Your comments prove JD why this country will never move beyond racism and racist language any further than it has, because its ok for blacks to make these accusations but for a caucasian to do it would cause a near riot.
I think that Caucasians can speak the truth in a way that is not offensive.

You could level the same accusation towards him and the GOP without using racial references.

You're older than me, but let me remind you.

0Often in the past, when "Caucasians" would use the euphemism I refered to, or any racial epithet especially in reference to Blacks, it was meant with an air of superiority and hatred.

So no, it is not proper for you to refer to Steele as a "good house n_____". Especially since some in our GOP think that he is turning out to NOT be a "good house n_____" and that is what fuels their criticisms.

This may be different in the future, but not enough time has passed yet.