Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Brother, you must be reading more into what I am saying than I am truly saying because I am speaking *only* as an accountant. You are conflating issues, and all I have done is enumerate government regulations.
  • Churches need not be incorporated to be a 501(c)(3).
  • Churches that meet the requirements are automatically tax exempt under 501(c)(3) and need not apply for recognition of this status.
  • If a church doesn't qualify for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3), it likely isn't a church for federal tax purposes.

From Publication 1828:
"Churches and religious organizations may be legally organized in a variety of ways under state law, such as unincorporated associations, nonprofit corporations, corporations sole and charitable trusts."

"Churches that meet the requirements of IRC Section 501(c)(3) are automatically considered tax exempt and are not required to apply for and obtain recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS. Although there is no requirement to do so, many churches seek recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS because this recognition assures church leaders, members and contributors that the church is recognized as exempt and qualifies for related tax benefits. For example, contributors to a church that has been recognized as tax exempt would know that their contributions generally are tax-deductible."

"Church. Certain characteristics are generally attributed to churches. These attributes of a church have been developed by the IRS and by court decisions. They include: distinct legal existence; recognized creed and form of worship; definite and distinct ecclesiastical government; formal code of doctrine and discipline; distinct religious history; membership not associated with any other church or denomination; organization of ordained ministers; ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed courses of study; literature of its own; established places of worship; regular congregations; regular religious services; Sunday schools for the religious instruction of the young; and schools for the preparation of its ministers. The IRS generally uses a combination of these characteristics, together with other facts and circumstances, to determine whether an organization is considered a church for federal tax purposes."
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== =========

p.s. If my "in over your head" comment offended you in any way, I do apologize. There was no reason to begin my statements with that jab.
I’m offended. Just kidding. What is important, is that we get to the truth of the matter. Because inquiring minds want to know. So let’s slow it down and break it down. I’ll take it from the top. Next post.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No. Churches are not automatically considered 501c3. Many people believe they are, but they are not. They are automatically tax exempt. Which is the case whether they are 501c3, or not.
Okay brother? Two questions for you.

Is a 501c3 exempted from paying taxes?

Is a church that is not a 501c3 exempted from paying taxes?

Just for drill. Let’s say I want to start a church that is a 501c3 corporation. How would I go about doing so?

[
Old 04-06-2020, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeindeed View Post
This link has an article from Rice University that explains the method of vaccine identification.

http://news.rice.edu/2019/12/18/quan...nation-record/
Nice one, I haven't seen that article before. Even has a Bill and Melinda Gates foundation connection.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
  • Churches need not be incorporated to be a 501(c)(3).
  • Churches that meet the requirements are automatically tax exempt under 501(c)(3) and need not apply for recognition of this status.
  • If a church doesn't qualify for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3), it likely isn't a church for federal tax purposes.
The key element is "meet the requirements",

That might include having the proper number of perverts in the ministry.

Or closing up church for a year or three on a bogus pandemic.

And more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Churches are automatically exempt from taxation and reporting by law. 501c3 status is conferred by the IRS when an organisation (non profit corporation for example) applies to the IRS and is approved.
IRS approval comes at a great cost, it is a compromise which places the government above the church.

Quote:
If I had to guess, I would say it began in the 1950s when the modern tax system was implemented, though I do not know for certain. Also, I do not know what was done prior, but I do know that it is irrelevant given we have a codified system to deal with in the present. Before 501(c)(3) existed, it could absolutely be said that a church could be tax exempt, but not a 501(c)(3). (Duh, right? Ha!) But as things stand today, a church being tax exempt and a church being a 501(c)(3) entity are one and the same for no other reason than it is the code section defining the exemption.
You are wrongly implying that 501(c)(3) is a sine qua non for tax exemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ness View Post
Here's a senario, food for thought. I not saying I have any evidence for this ok but here me out:

The Gov't will roll out mandatory vacinations. The media is already programing the Sheep saying people will only be comfortable going to baseball games and large crowds if there is a vaccine and possibly mandatory vaccinations. The Gov't will implant a chip in people with the vaccine (think RFID) so you can quickly swipe your hand and the doors will open to let you into the Walmart or a Costco. What will you do then. There will be people in this forum, possibly the same ones that agree that we should tank the economy and not congregate, that will be FOR taking that vaccine and chip because, "We must obey the laws of the land for the Lord's sake.." "You people are being irresponsible, you're putting lives at risk..."
Lots of evidence that this is the Gates-Pharma-$$-Greed plan. And they look for the best politicians that $$ can buy.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-07-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Lots of confusion in this thread. Here, from the IRS website:

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-pr...-organizations

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

A good but brief introduction to the subject:

"Most churches in America have organized as "501c3 tax-exempt religious organizations." This is a fairly recent trend that has only been going on for about fifty years. Churches were only added to section 501c3 of the tax code in 1954. We can thank Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson for that. Johnson was no ally of the church. As part of his political agenda, Johnson had it in mind to silence the church and eliminate the significant influence the church had always had on shaping "public policy."

Although Johnson proffered this as a "favor" to churches, the favor also came with strings attached (more like shackles). One need not look far to see the devastating effects 501c3 acceptance has had to the church, and the consequent restrictions placed upon any 501c3 church. 501c3 churches are prohibited from addressing, in any tangible way, the vital issues of the day."

http://hushmoney.org/501c3-facts.htm

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ness View Post
Nice one, I haven't seen that article before. Even has a Bill and Melinda Gates foundation connection.
Bill seems to be in the forefront of this vaccines for all. In fact, he was interviewed a few days ago where he said exactly that! Also, he said that the days of mass gatherings are over.

The goal is to be able to track the population, restrict their movement and not allow them to congregate.

What's interesting is that Dr. Fauci and Billy have a history of collaborating in the past. It seems that they are still collaborating.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Okay brother? Two questions for you.

Is a 501c3 exempted from paying taxes?

Is a church that is not a 501c3 exempted from paying taxes?

Just for drill. Let’s say I want to start a church that is a 501c3 corporation. How would I go about doing so?

[
Yes, if an organization meets the requirements of section 501(c)(3), they are exempt from paying income taxes.

If a church is not exempt under section 501(c)(3), then they are not exempt from paying income taxes. There is no other code section granting exemption to churches that I am aware of. Perhaps they qualify as a different type of organization under one of the other classifications given in section 501(c)?

If you are in Illinois and truly are trying to operate as a church (loophole finding and boundary pushing is a whole different discussion, ha!), you complete your articles of incorporation, send them to the secretary of state along with a check, and you are done. Churches aren't required to apply for and obtain formal recognition of tax exempt status from the federal government.

I feel like what some posters in this thread are driving at is that the first amendment alone -- separation of church and state -- should be sufficient for churches to be tax exempt. I don't necessarily disagree with the 'should be' portion of that, but am pointing out that isn't how the system currently operates. Under today's system, income is generally taxable unless specifically exempted by law. The exemption for churches just happens to be under section 501(c)(3).
Old 04-07-2020, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

They are not going to stop the mass gatherings, whether it is political or religious.

Impossible and it won't work.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post

You are wrongly implying that 501(c)(3) is a sine qua non for tax exemption.

Can you provide the source of exemption if not 501(c)(3). If I am wrong, and there is another source, I am more than willing to admit my error. I'm just repeating what the IRS has said.
"IRC Section 501(c)(3).IRC section 501(c)(3) describes charitable organizations, including churches and religious organizations, which qualify for exemption from federal income tax..."