Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-24-2021, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Robert Brent Graves (1944-2021)

Robert Brent Graves passed away on April 8, 2021, in Waco TX. He was born on July 29, 1944.

Robert is especially well known for the book The God of Two Testaments. He had recently completed a Spanish edition and there has been a printing, I will check who is handling that and how many books, the gentleman handling it is said to be UPC.

Here is his Linked-In page.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-b...ph-d-004ba92a/

We had a talk in Conroe, Texas four years ago.
https://www.facebook.com/steven.aver...2%3A%22O%22%7D

Efforts are being made to continue with some of his projects.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-24-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Robert Brent Graves (1944-2021)

What a powerful straight forward book he wrote. Possibly the best on the Godhead. I read it in about 1982. Did he ever receive the Holy Ghost? Was he still serving God?

I ask because in my searching for him on the net years ago the only Robert Graves I found was a writer about ancient gods and myths.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

Re: Robert Brent Graves (1944-2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What a powerful straight forward book he wrote. Possibly the best on the Godhead. I read it in about 1982. Did he ever receive the Holy Ghost? Was he still serving God?

I ask because in my searching for him on the net years ago the only Robert Graves I found was a writer about ancient gods and myths.
Totally different person.

I met him only the one time, which was a real blessing. After that I made some additional efforts for connection in Waco.

He actually went into a pharma approach to cancer, which he realized later had been an error. And I seem to be in the loop of people working with his writings, so I will try to share more later. Maybe the names and more.

And I agree on the book. Superb.

And he was trying to improve it in the third edition to be AV and take out the corruption versions, and I believe affirm the heavenly witnesses verse as scripture, and Jehovah as correct for the Tetragram. However, at this time I am not sure whether any of those improvements are in the Spanish edition. It may be only a translation of the second edition.

Apparently he also has a book on the early church history and Christology history. I will ask on the status.

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-26-2021 at 12:21 AM.