Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-15-2022, 06:12 PM
New User

Re: What's your view on Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Not only that, He considers himself chief of sinners in 1 Tim. 1:15

AM chief, present tense.

Talk about level ground at the cross…

Yet then says, shall we continue in sin? God forbid.

Sounds like he’s full of humility to me, not so much full of sin.
I asked, because that is what OSAS uses to excuse themselves.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Paul is contrasting the natural mortal body with the eternal body. God created Adam from the earth and breathed into him the breath of life. Christ is the last man Adam and His resurrection gave Him a spiritual imperishable body. When the dead in Christ are resurrected they will likewise have a spiritual imperishable body.

The dead in Christ, upon resurrection, will be imperishable and glorified, bearing the image of Christ.
Sorry, I still don’t see the answer to my question. What do you understand as “spiritual” ? Is it a spirit? No flesh? No bones? No organs?
Old 01-15-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I asked, because that is what OSAS uses to excuse themselves.
I’m sorry D, I shoulda caught on a little better

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 01-15-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Sorry, I still don’t see the answer to my question. What do you understand as “spiritual” ? Is it a spirit? No flesh? No bones? No organs?
Jesus has a physical body
Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

But unlike an earthly body, He also has an imperishable body
1 Corinthians 15:50
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Last edited by Amanah; 01-15-2022 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:43 PM

50Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Behold the mystery……. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality,g then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Interesting wording distinction speaking of our bodies-

Perishable cannot inherit the imperishable.
HOWEVER, the perishable will be CLOTHED with the imperishable
And the mortal CLOTHED with immortality. (The mystery, we shall be changed)

So what exactly is he meaning, when he says the perishable cannot inherit the imperishable?

Is it simply saying that our perishable bodies cannot inherit an imperishable (spiritual) kingdom….there has to be be a change?

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 01-15-2022 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:11 PM
Covenant Apostolic

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Jesus has a physical body
Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

But unlike an earthly body, He also has an imperishable body
1 Corinthians 15:50
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
So you believe his glorified body is his earthly body changed correct? His body had flesh, bones, organs, like a human body but immortal and imperishable. Is that what you believe?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
50Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Behold the mystery……. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality,g then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Interesting wording distinction speaking of our bodies-

Perishable cannot inherit the imperishable.
HOWEVER, the perishable will be CLOTHED with the imperishable
And the mortal CLOTHED with immortality. (The mystery, we shall be changed)

So what exactly is he meaning, when he says the perishable cannot inherit the imperishable?

Is it simply saying that our perishable bodies cannot inherit an imperishable (spiritual) kingdom….there has to be be a change?
The natural body is changed into a spiritual body. The mortal is changed to immortal, the corruptible is changed to incorruptible. There is a change that takes place.

We shall see God. As Job says "with my eyes... in my flesh"... Yet, God said "No man can look upon me and live":

Exodus 33:20 KJV
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Yet we shall see Him, and live. This requires a change in our nature. Thus, in our current state, bearing the likeness of Adam, we cannot enter into the full inheritance. We must be changed to bear the likeness of the Last Adam, Christ. And we shall be like Him when that happens:

1 John 3:2 KJV
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Corinthians 15:44-49 KJV
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. [45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. [46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. [47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. [48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. [49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-15-2022, 10:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
So you believe his glorified body is his earthly body changed correct? His body had flesh, bones, organs, like a human body but immortal and imperishable. Is that what you believe?
The glorified body has not yet been made manifest, so we do not yet know all the details of what the result of the change looks like, as it were. Jesus said this:

Luke 20:35-36 KJV
But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Angels have bodies and often interact as men, yet they also are what we would call a higher more advanced species. We don't know the details of what angels may look like in their full glory, nor do we know exactly and completely what we will be like when we are changed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-16-2022, 01:28 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The glorified body has not yet been made manifest, so we do not yet know all the details of what the result of the change looks like, as it were. Jesus said this:

Luke 20:35-36 KJV
But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Angels have bodies and often interact as men, yet they also are what we would call a higher more advanced species. We don't know the details of what angels may look like in their full glory, nor do we know exactly and completely what we will be like when we are changed.
Well said!