Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

How we spent our evening yesterday

Keith, age 14, was outside playing basketball with his buds last night. At about 9:30, he tripped and fell full-chest-contact on the concrete driveway. He came inside and complained strongly about pain in his lower left side (at the bottom of his ribcage). Within half an hour he was vomitting.

So I called our pediatrician who said that he needed to go to the ER to be checked.

After they ran all kinds of scans and tests in the ER, they came in and told us that he just has a very bad deep tissue bruise. But by that time it was 1:30 a.m., so we are all whipped today!

Pray that Keith heals quickly please. He has to go to Contest on Saturday with the marching band. It will be a painful thing to do if he feels like he does today when Saturday gets here.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: How we spent our evening yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Keith, age 14, was outside playing basketball with his buds last night. At about 9:30, he tripped and fell full-chest-contact on the concrete driveway. He came inside and complained strongly about pain in his lower left side (at the bottom of his ribcage). Within half an hour he was vomitting.

So I called our pediatrician who said that he needed to go to the ER to be checked.

After they ran all kinds of scans and tests in the ER, they came in and told us that he just has a very bad deep tissue bruise. But by that time it was 1:30 a.m., so we are all whipped today!

Pray that Keith heals quickly please. He has to go to Contest on Saturday with the marching band. It will be a painful thing to do if he feels like he does today when Saturday gets here.

Thanks!
Praying here, Margie...........
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Not fun! Praying here, Margie!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
delete account

Praying for him...I bet he is so sore.

Rhoni
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Praying......
Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Incredible India

May the Lord heal your son.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

I'm a band Mom too! I have a son that is 14 and this is his 1st year. I never realized how physical being in the band is until Matt started marching this year. Matt has a competition this Saturday also. Hope you all do well and I pray that your son is 100% healed and ready to go.

Blessings
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for all your prayers. Keith came home from school yesterday and was much better already! Isn't God fast!!

Traci, you are so right about band being physically demanding. We have kids who are both in band and also in football. They tell us all the time that BAND is much harder than football!

Of course, you should keep in mind that our band almost always comes home from State Competition at the end of October with a "#1" rating. Rarely any less. And our football team has only won 2 games in the past 3 years