Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: Anyone Know Where Will Cohron is today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Friend View Post
Everyone that thinks they are divorced needs to be corrected. They are still husband and wife.

I have lived in Jacksonville all of my life, and he was my very first pastor. I only found this thread because I was researching Shirley's music.

God Bless.
Why this comment???
Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

I too would like to know what happen to WC. He was my first Pastor at the UPC church in Jacksonville and he was a very charismatic preacher along with his beautiful singer of a wife, Shirley. Unfortunately his advancements to me as a young teenager girl has affected my entire adult life and not in a positive way. Hopefully he has made amends to those he hurt and acknowledge his wrong. Does anyone know what happen to him after the 70's?

Last edited by Admin; 04-05-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammytexas View Post
I too would like to know what happen to WC. He was my first Pastor at the UPC church in Jacksonville and he was a very charismatic preacher along with his beautiful singer of a wife, Shirley. Unfortunately his advancements to me as a young teenager girl has affected my entire adult life and not in a positive way. Hopefully he has made amends to those he hurt and acknowledge his wrong. Does anyone know what happen to him after the 70's?
Has this accusation been dealt with, with appropriate leadership, or are you outing him on a public forum, rather than in a biblical manner?
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org

Last edited by Admin; 04-05-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Yes, I did go to the appropriate leadership (SF and BroP) of the organization and unfortunately more wrong was done than good. The only reason I bring it up today, is after another failed marriage I'm in counseling and dealing with the issues of unworthiness, trust and guilt that deals back to what my Pastor and the leadership did to me. In writing a letter to my self that I am worthy and it was not my fault, I was just a child, I decided to google his name and that lead me here and to my post. I'm not outing anyone, I just telling the truth and getting healing for myself.

Last edited by Admin; 04-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, I did go to the appropriate leadership (SF and Bro P) of the organization and unfortunately more wrong was done than good. The only reason I bring it up today, is after another failed marriage I'm in counseling and dealing with the issues of unworthiness, trust and guilt that deals back to what my Pastor and the leadership did to me. In writing a letter to my self that I am worthy and it was not my fault, I was just a child, I decided to google his name and that lead me here and to my post. I'm not outing anyone, I just telling the truth and getting healing for myself.
In the book of Genesis Joseph took his bros into privacy and forgave them. Privately. Have you considered that?

Last edited by Admin; 04-05-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Yes, back in the 70’s I went to my then Pastor SF and the issues were not appropriately dealt with. I do not know how to contact WC nor have I tried until last night when I googled his name, which lead me here. I still don’t know where he is and would do it privately if someone could give me his location. That’s all. Thank you.

Last edited by Admin; 04-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

I was there in 74, part of the youth department. I bet we know some of the same people.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Yes, I did go to the appropriate leadership (SF and BroP) of the organization and unfortunately more wrong was done than good. The only reason I bring it up today, is after another failed marriage I'm in counseling and dealing with the issues of unworthiness, trust and guilt that deals back to what my Pastor and the leadership did to me. In writing a letter to my self that I am worthy and it was not my fault, I was just a child, I decided to google his name and that lead me here and to my post. I'm not outing anyone, I just telling the truth and getting healing for myself.
Thank you, I am very sorry for your pain.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

I was around WC once. It was a year or two before his fall and it was at a 1970's General Conference. If I remember correctly he was the speaker at something like the Sunday School Dept banquet or something like that. The big news after he preached was that in his sermon he had suggested appropriate gifts from the congregation to pastors. He suggested for major occasions like anniversiers or birthdays new cars were a good choice! While Pentecost wasn't on the wrong side of the tracks back then it was kind of straddling the tracks so a suggestion that congregations should be buying pastors cars did not go over very well with a lot of people who were having trouble paying for their own cars!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"