Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
holiness, jewelry, upci, wedding rings, wpf

Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Hello, I'm troubled and need help..

Recent changes in my local UPCI church have rocked my world an beliefs, wedding rings are allowed now,sleeves are getting shorter,french manicures on women are ok now (basically painted nails) "Christian Rap" is supported in this church... Church staff members are being found out to have attended the movie theater with their families... Movie nights after church with youth leaders... Different musicians from PAW churches are allowed on the platform to play instruments... skirts are getting shorter, and tighter...blouses are getting lower... although this pastor has totally stood against some of these things...its still running wild in the church.. is it not preached hard enough? not enforced as well? I'm curious to what others think of this....
Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: Hello, I'm troubled and need help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjimenez View Post
Recent changes in my local UPCI church have rocked my world an beliefs, wedding rings are allowed now,sleeves are getting shorter,french manicures on women are ok now (basically painted nails) "Christian Rap" is supported in this church... Church staff members are being found out to have attended the movie theater with their families... Movie nights after church with youth leaders... Different musicians from PAW churches are allowed on the platform to play instruments... skirts are getting shorter, and tighter...blouses are getting lower... although this pastor has totally stood against some of these things...its still running wild in the church.. is it not preached hard enough? not enforced as well? I'm curious to what others think of this....
On here everyone will think he is the greatest pastor on earth so you really have come to the wrong place to ask their opinion because most on here were once like the way your church was but now are like your church in the present or even farther out there then that.
I think you should find another church because comprimse has hit your church and most churches do not recover from that in a whole.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

I agree that these things are wrong and that it is apparent that compromise is running rampant in your church. If you have children I would definitely leave so as to help avoid confusion on their part. If not then why not try to support the pastor in his stand and help him in praying for a revival?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I agree that these things are wrong and that it is apparent that compromise is running rampant in your church. If you have children I would definitely leave so as to help avoid confusion on their part. If not then why not try to support the pastor in his stand and help him in praying for a revival?
What is wrong about wedding rings?

do you not love your wife enough to proclaim to the world that you are married and not available?

What is wrong with short sleeves?
Do you wear short sleeves all the time especially when cleaning the house or garage?

What is wrong with fellowshipping with Christians from other denominations?
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
What church do you go too?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
of 9!! :)

hmmm
Old 12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Great, it is time for more churches to dump non-biblical standards.

unfortunately some churches swing from one extreme to the other.

Hopefully your church will find a middle ground.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Blouses are getting lower?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

IMO this dude is trolling. I don't believe it for a second. Seriously, this story sounds like a bunch of country songs all put together.... ie, it's all the terrible things which could happen to a church which preached standards and then went off the cliff.

Last edited by n david; 12-31-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
IMO this dude is trolling. I don't believe it for a second. Seriously, this story sounds like a bunch of country songs all put together.... ie, it's all the terrible things which could happen to a church which preached standards and then went off the cliff.

I was thinking the same thing...