Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: You Can Fake It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Yes, Mich, I think this was for the Israelites but has been adopted by certain Christian sects.
2Co 6:16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,
2Co 6:18 and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Renewed

Quote:
So a person has to stay away from their own family for their own personal emotional safety so they don't feel emotionally or verbally abused. That would be a pretty sad commentary to whatever organization might have a part in encouraging any part of that.
If I had members of my family that verbally abused me, why would I want to be around them? Yes, that would be sad for any org to teach.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 05-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Renewed

Quote:
So you don't think anyone should ever go to someone's house to try and convert them? You don't believe in proselytizing?
For sole purpose of conversion? No. If it comes up or God opens a door, sure.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
let each work out his own salvation.
Well, maybe you're more mellow than the doctrine I was taught. That would be nice. But in the back of my mind I have to wonder if that "let each work out his own salvation" means that you can have patience with people but ultimately they need to agree with you in the end or they are lost. I simply say that because that is the double speak I am familiar with. I hope you are not saying that.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
For sole purpose of conversion? No. If it comes up or God opens a door, sure.
That's cool.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Well, maybe you're more mellow than the doctrine I was taught. That would be nice. But in the back of my mind I have to wonder if that "let each work out his own salvation" means that you can have patience with people but ultimately they need to agree with you in the end or they are lost. I simply say that because that is the double speak I am familiar with. I hope you are not saying that.
I don't care who they agree with. God convicts everyone with His Spirit. Most rebel, we have to, it's in our nature. But even common sense agrees with scripture.

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't care who they agree with. God convicts everyone with His Spirit. Most rebel, we have to, it's in our nature. But even common sense agrees with scripture.
But are other people who don't follow scripture with the same doctrines you do saved? Do you classify them as "in" or "out"?

Old 05-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
But are other people who don't follow scripture with the same doctrines you do saved? Do you classify them as "in" or "out"?
That depends on the doctrine. Surely not everyone is saved.

Lots of groups classify Oneness as lost heretics

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Great thread, ILG.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
Great thread, ILG.
Thanks, Charnock! Feel free to chime in on what you have seen on the "ins" and "outs" and those who fake!