Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1371  
Old 10-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

She painted the picture of Jesus that the kid in "Heaven is for Real" said was accurate. So I guess that proves it! lol

Actually, I don't know much of this girl's story, but I bet it's similar to other claims of visits to heaven: unprovable and unfalsifiable. Which is what you can say about all claims about the supernatural, really. (And of course, I'm skeptical of them all. )
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1372  
Old 10-02-2014, 02:48 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Timmy / MarcBee,

I'm curious what your thoughts are on that artist girl (Akaine Kramarik) who was reported to have been taken to heaven numerous times and draws what she saw. I believe both are parents were atheists when she was having these experiences. I think they're now orthodox or something like that.

Curious what y'all's thoughts are on that?
This is the first time I've seen reference to this girl and story, so sorry, I don't have a specific opinion. But it's a great subject to talk about!

1. If someone accepts her testimony, then on what basis does the believer reject all kind of wild stories and claims, such as the three Fatima girls who received a series of visitations from Blessed Virgin Mary back in 1917? After all, that miracle is even verified true because the "secrets" revealed to the girls actually happened. <<According to the official Catholic interpretation, the three secrets involve Hell, World War I and World War II, and the attempted assassination by gunshot of Pope John Paul II.>>( Wikipedia.)

There you have it. So why not believe?

2. I already had a faith deeper and longer than the artist girl's formerly atheist parents who now think they have found something important and true. What they have found is something strong and effective ie, religion and/or faith-- which doesn't mean it is true. For a good example of another collective fantasy, look at the beliefs of 1 billion Muslims, for example. The Christian's invisible world is no better. Just different claims, without substance, so far.
__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Reply With Quote
  #1373  
Old 10-03-2014, 10:19 AM
ctclady11's Avatar
ctclady11 ctclady11 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
Re: Timmy Talk

I get tired of not being taken seriously sometimes just because I'm a woman. But that doesn't mean I'm not empathetic. I love people and I do treat them with kindness... if they continue to go their own way I will pray for them, but I won't feel sorry for them. NOTHING is worth going to hell for... what that man needs is the Holy Ghost! (Apology accepted by the way)
__________________
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me- Psalm 51:10

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ- Phillipians 1:6

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

1 Corinthians 13:1-8

Last edited by ctclady11; 10-03-2014 at 10:23 AM. Reason: needed to rephrase
Reply With Quote
  #1374  
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM
ctclady11's Avatar
ctclady11 ctclady11 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
Re: Timmy Talk

Previous post meant for Timmy by the way... Have a blessed weekend all!
__________________
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me- Psalm 51:10

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ- Phillipians 1:6

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

1 Corinthians 13:1-8
Reply With Quote
  #1375  
Old 10-04-2014, 12:12 PM
mfblume's Avatar
mfblume mfblume is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB CANADA
Posts: 37,881
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
God loves us and will torture us in hell us if we don't love him back.

True or false?
...see what I meant on another post?
__________________
...MY THOUGHTS, ANYWAY.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Reply With Quote
  #1376  
Old 10-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
...see what I meant on another post?
No. Please explain.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1377  
Old 10-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
...see what I meant on another post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
No. Please explain.
Oh, that post.

Well, it seems that some people are afraid of simple, straight-forward questions. For example, Steve Epley will not answer me when I ask where my grandmother, a trinitarian, is spending eternity. Says might change be merciful -- i.e., he might not send every lost soul to hell. I kid you not. (But he says he knows where he is spending eternity. Apparently, Steve knows when God might change his mind and when he won't.)

And you, for example, claim not to know if my son deserves to burn in hell. (Sorry, the lake of fire. Thanks, Prax. ) That surprised me, actually. You even retorted "where did that come from?" As if you didn't know. Doesn't the Bible tell you that the wages of sin is death? It's not talking about no-more-breathing type death, now, is it? Is it? Is it not talking about "spiritual death"? Punishment? Eternal punishment?

Well, if not, I guess you learn something new every day.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1378  
Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclady11 View Post
I get tired of not being taken seriously sometimes just because I'm a woman. But that doesn't mean I'm not empathetic. I love people and I do treat them with kindness... if they continue to go their own way I will pray for them, but I won't feel sorry for them. NOTHING is worth going to hell for... what that man needs is the Holy Ghost! (Apology accepted by the way)
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #1379  
Old 10-05-2014, 01:22 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Oh, that post.

Well, it seems that some people are afraid of simple, straight-forward questions. For example, Steve Epley will not answer me when I ask where my grandmother, a trinitarian, is spending eternity. Says might change be merciful -- i.e., he might not send every lost soul to hell. I kid you not. (But he says he knows where he is spending eternity. Apparently, Steve knows when God might change his mind and when he won't.)

And you, for example, claim not to know if my son deserves to burn in hell. (Sorry, the lake of fire. Thanks, Prax. ) That surprised me, actually. You even retorted "where did that come from?" As if you didn't know. Doesn't the Bible tell you that the wages of sin is death? It's not talking about no-more-breathing type death, now, is it? Is it? Is it not talking about "spiritual death"? Punishment? Eternal punishment?

Well, if not, I guess you learn something new every day.

When I was a believer, I believed deeply enough to state what we believed about the qualifications of salvation (obey Acts 2:38 to become born again) vs. the (default) qualifications for damnation. Seemed my attitude was obvious apostolic Christian orthodoxy, and nothing to be ashamed of, even when cornered by someone goading me to merely APPLY what the bible said about their (or their dear grandmother's) situation. I'm perplexed why people on AFF would hesitate to simply own their precious doctrines, and to apply them when asked, even if rhetorically. Or does y'all's "truth" feel too mean to own? Or too silly? Or what? Is there a "public gospel" to be distinguished from what you really think in private, or when with friends at Denny's after church?

__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Reply With Quote
  #1380  
Old 10-05-2014, 03:19 PM
MarcBee MarcBee is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
When I was a believer, I believed deeply enough to state what we believed about the qualifications of salvation (obey Acts 2:38 to become born again) vs. the (default) qualifications for damnation. Seemed my attitude was obvious apostolic Christian orthodoxy, and nothing to be ashamed of, even when cornered by someone goading me to merely APPLY what the bible said about their (or their dear grandmother's) situation. I'm perplexed why people on AFF would hesitate to simply own their precious doctrines, and to apply them when asked, even if rhetorically. Or does y'all's "truth" feel too mean to own? Or too silly? Or what? Is there a "public gospel" to be distinguished from what you really think in private, or when with friends at Denny's after church?


On the other hand, Timmy, seems no one here has any trouble telling me where to go!

Maybe there's something deeper there....as if it depends on how "nice" or not one appears. Maybe not unlike how supposedly Jesus, as a boy, miraculously offed a few other boys who annoyed him, according to the Infancy Gospel of Thomas.

__________________
_______________________________________

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.


Last edited by MarcBee; 10-05-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AFF Press Conference: Timmy Talks Hoovie Fellowship Hall 124 07-09-2009 04:13 PM
Happy Birthday Timmy! rgcraig Fellowship Hall 18 06-18-2009 09:03 PM
Timmy, Proof of the inspiration of the scriptures mizpeh Fellowship Hall 1 06-15-2009 01:20 PM
For Timmy Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 17 01-21-2009 04:05 PM
>>> Sure Is A Lot Of Talk...<<< Pastor Baird Fellowship Hall 12 03-20-2007 12:18 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by TJJJ
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.