Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Banned

Re: Islam: A Religion of Lies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
But hitting wives is right in the Koran.
Yes. The Quran allows this.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
This is a practice that predates Islam. It might be better to research these things before you attribute them to Islamic teachings.
So being stupid, mean, nasty, and abusive is a HUMAN issue more so than a religious issue? I guess that means Christians who beat, starve, and essentially kill an adopted kid are a product of human evil and not something intrinsic to the Bible or Christianity per se?

Thus trying to paint Christianity as evil because a Christian does something stupid is on the same level as blaming Islam for, say, Afghani pederasty?

Good that we cleared that up.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You pick a random example and broadbrush that for ALL of Christianity, i.e. Pentecost?

I lived in a pastor's home where the children threw my expensive watch in dishwater, poured Clorox on my laundry, and I could go on. I could tell you a lot more stories. Did I become bitter and blame God for people's actions? None of these things are God's fault.

You know what isn't random and what isn't a broadbrush? Saudi Arabia with a Muslim population of 97.1% and the largest supporter of Sharia Law. Clean up your own house before joining a forum to bash others.
Same paint I get painted with. How's it feel? Full of righteous indignation are you? I'm not sorry.

I picked more than 150 examples of dead kids - victims of fundamentalist homeschoolers and their religious kid-beating frenzy.

I just didn't list them. Do I need to? I told Pliny and I'll tell you - I don't care if this goes to 10,000 pages and I will list them all one by one.

Few pastors sprinkled in there come to think of it. Not opening links may not be a good strategy if you are going to comment on the bits and pieces that I randomly post from them.

Forgot to mention - that kid's dad was a licensed UPC minister. So no, I do not apply the brush to all of christianity. I apply it specifically to your slice of it.

Reiterate: I and my family are safer in Saudi Arabia than a kid in a pentecostal home surrounded by pentecostals who cover up the abuse they get. I knew you were pentecostal right away when your only comment about a story of a kid who got randomly shot for nothing was that so what - the lady who wrote it was catholic. Succinctly summarized your - and your fellows - value for life. Clean your own house.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 01-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So being stupid, mean, nasty, and abusive is a HUMAN issue more so than a religious issue? I guess that means Christians who beat, starve, and essentially kill an adopted kid are a product of human evil and not something intrinsic to the Bible or Christianity per se?

Thus trying to paint Christianity as evil because a Christian does something stupid is on the same level as blaming Islam for, say, Afghani pederasty?

Good that we cleared that up.
Well..................That's exactly what I did (and) exactly why I did it. Just trading shoes for a page or two. If that ever gets cleared up I'll probably leave these folks alone.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 01-27-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Try again, but this time stick with what is actually written...
I defer to the "Is the bible all you need" thread and point to the acceptability of bashing your servant to death with no penalty - as long as they don't die right away and hang on for a couple of days.

Few other practices here and there but somehow I have the suspicion that you actually don't need the bible read to you as if it is kindergarten storytime like many of your peers in here do.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 01-27-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

Clearly the issue is institutionalized religion and it's hunger for power and authority. Spirituality has been abandoned for radical, carnal, political extremism. I think mainstream Islam could learn a lot from their Sufi brethren.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Try again, but this time stick with what is actually written...
oh, it's in there--i just can't remember the terminology. May not have been KJV, either--but it was mainstream. Wanna make a little bet?
Old 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Esaias, shazeep doesn't care.
not true. While it is true that i post outrageously sometimes, it is an answer to outrageousness. We now have 2 distinct interpretations of 'bashing babies heads in,' and i only posted the first thing that came into my head; there are plenty of other examples. But the point is that i care a lot, and when i see what passes for the Christian Standard Bearers in the US doing satan's work for him, it upsets me.

You point fingers and moan like the lost--is that what you are? What, individually, are your personal grievances with Islam? I posit that none of you have a single one. If you would all just turn off the propaganda for a month, this thread would die. The saddest part to me is that by doing this you ally yourself with the real enemy, the accuser, who runs the world--currently via your gov as proxy. (but dont worry, thats about to change...)
Old 01-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Banned

ps, could someone post the psalms ref? Ty!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

When Muslims want to play "Oh yeah? Well you too" they always appeal to the part of the bible that is thousands of years old and doesn't really apply to most of us

Yet they reveal that Islam today is not progressive but living in Yesterday unlike most other religions. They also appeal to acts done by Christians done long long ago

The problem is that essentially is a self justifying argument. I see Muslims on facebook do it with regards to marrying a 14 year old girl. Rather than saying it should not be done, they approve of it by pointing to the bible and saying Mary was probably 14

And worse some argue "Well its better than raping a 14 year old or committing adultery with a 30 year old"...which is disturbing because 1) they are trying to argue sex with a 14 year old is ok and 2) they are arguing that their REASON for marrying a 14 year old is to have sex because other wise they'd run out and rape one or commit adultery with an older woman

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.