Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

A Sad Trend

What is happening in this day and age?

Where has respect for men of God and for one another gone?

Has debating issues become a case of oneupmanship?

Who can let one more tidbit about someone, or put down remark put someone in their place to wreck any respect for the other?

To tell you the truth, I have been pretty busy with work and stuff, but I also don't need the drama so I take CS'S advice (which is good advice BTW) and just switch off the forum and do something else more constructive with my time.

Yes, I do know Bro Godwin, not as well as some of you do though.
He has ministered to myself and my family, many have gotten the Holy Ghost under his Ministry-many in our Church.
I will defend him.
Did he miss it in MS last year?
Obviously, but shouldn't the embarrassment be enough, or should we heap more scorn on him?
What GOOD will that accomplish?

I don't know Brother's & Sister's but I miss the old days when discussion even
Controversial subjects were discussed with Substance.

I miss Noatecea (sp?) rrford, CS,steadfast, and other writers with substance.

I have other things to do, but I still think it strange that Men of God, and Saints of God are held in such low esteem that anything seems to go when it comes to disscussion.

Sad trend indeed.

God Bless!

Ron
Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 PM
MrsBOOMM

You are exactly right my friend. I see this forum as going nowhere lately. I spent the afternoon grabbing lyrics to songs that I have been wanting from some of the threads. I do not see the point of reading the threads that seem to be popular now. The more someone can cut someone up the better they like it lately. It is either that or you got someone touting that they wore a two piece bikini and another poster of the opposite sex requesting pics. Where is this going? I thought this was supposed to be an Apostolic Forum. And yes I won't be surprised when I get the questions regarding that statement.
There are better things I could be doing with my time and I plan to persue those.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

A Sad Trend

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. What is in our hearts is coming

out our mouths, or being written. The words we speak, whether it is

spoken or written, is telling those who hear or read, exactly what is on

the inside. Where is the man/woman crying out to God, "LORD, create

in me a clean heart, O God, and renew in me a right spirit", or the desire

of " Let the words of my mouth and the mediations of my heart be

acceptable unto THEE, O God".

LORD, who am I desiring to please. God or man (myself).

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 07-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. What is in our hearts is coming

out our mouths, or being written. The words we speak, whether it is

spoken or written, is telling those who hear or read, exactly what is on

the inside. Where is the man/woman crying out to God, "LORD, create

in me a clean heart, O God, and renew in me a right spirit", or the desire

of " Let the words of my mouth and the mediations of my heart be

acceptable unto THEE, O God".

LORD, who am I desiring to please. God or man (myself).

Blessings,

Falla39
Sister,

You have the right attitude. It is the attitude that I want too. In all of this trivia, it is too easy to become flippant and disrespectful toward each other. A good reminder such as yours is a tug of the chain reminds me that truly, my desire it to please God above man or self.

In all of this discussion that sometimes become a little steamed, especially among preachers, that element of respect should remain with love being the guiding principle. The attitude of humility should always be present, allowing for criticism and discussion of that criticism when our hearts and minds are pure, desiring to be more like Christ by which that often stinging criticism has a correcting affect.

Humility is not being wimpish, but is quick to repent when error within us is exposed. The life of King David is a great example of that. "Search me O God. Know my thoughts I pray. See if there be some wicked way in me."
Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBOOMM View Post
You are exactly right my friend. I see this forum as going nowhere lately. I spent the afternoon grabbing lyrics to songs that I have been wanting from some of the threads. I do not see the point of reading the threads that seem to be popular now. The more someone can cut someone up the better they like it lately. It is either that or you got someone touting that they wore a two piece bikini and another poster of the opposite sex requesting pics. Where is this going? I thought this was supposed to be an Apostolic Forum. And yes I won't be surprised when I get the questions regarding that statement.
There are better things I could be doing with my time and I plan to persue those.
I agree with everything you all have said, and I see this thread moving right down to the bottom of the page. So many on here are completely unconcerned concerning how they appear to the lost.

I too have wondered how men, who are, Apostolic, Holy Ghost Filled, call by God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world, could in good conscience be a regular participant on such a forum as this, that calls itself Apostolic.

I too have seen very many sexual innuendo’s joked about and discussed between those of the opposite sex. Just recently Brother William Price and I have been made the butt of just such crude sexual innuendos.

There’s been many crude and rude comments made concerning things that shouldn’t be joked about on an open forum where many, many come and read and never post. And we call ourselves Apostolic Holy Ghost Filled Christians?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Coffee Ms. View Post
I agree with everything you all have said, and I see this thread moving right down to the bottom of the page. So many on here are completely unconcerned concerning how they appear to the lost.

I too have wondered how men, who are, Apostolic, Holy Ghost Filled, call by God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world, could in good conscience be a regular participant on such a forum as this, that calls itself Apostolic.

I too have seen very many sexual innuendo’s joked about and discussed between those of the opposite sex. Just recently Brother William Price and I have been made the butt of just such crude sexual innuendos.

There’s been many crude and rude comments made concerning things that shouldn’t be joked about on an open forum where many, many come and read and never post. And we call ourselves Apostolic Holy Ghost Filled Christians?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I must have missed those threads, but as the Letter to Titus say, To the pure all things are pure......
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
What is happening in this day and age?

Where has respect for men of God and for one another gone?

Has debating issues become a case of oneupmanship?

Who can let one more tidbit about someone, or put down remark put someone in their place to wreck any respect for the other?

To tell you the truth, I have been pretty busy with work and stuff, but I also don't need the drama so I take CS'S advice (which is good advice BTW) and just switch off the forum and do something else more constructive with my time.

Yes, I do know Bro Godwin, not as well as some of you do though.
He has ministered to myself and my family, many have gotten the Holy Ghost under his Ministry-many in our Church.
I will defend him.
Did he miss it in MS last year?
Obviously, but shouldn't the embarrassment be enough, or should we heap more scorn on him?
What GOOD will that accomplish?

I don't know Brother's & Sister's but I miss the old days when discussion even
Controversial subjects were discussed with Substance.

I miss Noatecea (sp?) rrford, CS,steadfast, and other writers with substance.

I have other things to do, but I still think it strange that Men of God, and Saints of God are held in such low esteem that anything seems to go when it comes to disscussion.

Sad trend indeed.

God Bless!

Ron

Bro. Ron,

I'm glad you posted this thread and that you are not ashamed to stand of for men of God.

I miss many that I've met on the forum...miss the laughs and good discussions of past...there definitely does seem to be a more negative trend indeed.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
I must have missed those threads, but as the Letter to Titus say, To the pure all things are pure......
revDWW,
could you share your understanding of the application the scripture you cited with the post from Hot Coffee?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I guess I've missed seeing the "very many sexual innuendo's." I do remember the comment made about WP and you, though it wasn't a "crude sexual innuendo." In fact, if what I remember of it is correct, there wasn't anything sexual about it at all. I could be wrong, but all I remember being posted was that both WP and yourself had been absent from posting for a while and someone commented that perhaps you two ran off together. I don't remember anything "sexual" or "crude" being said though.

So refresh my memory here . . . "There’s been many crude and rude comments made concerning things that shouldn’t be joked about on an open forum where many, many come and read and never post."

Care to give examples? Again, I must have missed it all because I haven't seen what you have.