Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Is the world just plain stupid?

Is the world just plain stupid?

Profiling:

Pause a moment, if you will. Reflect and then take the following multiple choice test.

The events, you will recall, are in the public record.

Do you remember?

1. In 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by :

a. Superman?
b. Jay Leno?
c. Harry Potter?
d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40-- bingo

2. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Chuck Norris?
b. Sitting Bull?
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger?
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40-- bingo

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians?
b. Drunken Frat Boys?
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women?

4.During the 1980's, a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger?
b. The King of Sweden?
c. The Boy Scouts?
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40--bingo

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy?
b. Pete Rose?
c. Geraldo Rivera?
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 --bingo

6. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. Alex Rodriguez?
b. Davy Jones?
c. The Little Mermaid?

7. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd?
b. Charles Lindberg?
c. Mother Teresa?

8.In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo?
b. Joe Montana?
c. Snoop Dogg?

9. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons?
b. Ron Artest?
c. Michael Jordan?

10.In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mike Wallace?
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women
problems?
c. The World Wrestling Federation?
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of
17 and 40--bingo

11.On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used
as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Terell Owens?
b. The Supreme Court of Florida?
c. Mr. Bean?
17 and 40--bingo

12.In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron?
b. The Lutheran Church?
c. The NFL?
17 and 40--bingo

13. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and
murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde?
b. Captain Kangaroo?
c. Billy Graham?
d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages
of 17 and 40--bingo

14. 2004 - Spain Railway bombings :

a. The Pittsburg Pirates?
b. Donald Trump?
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid?
17 and 40--bingo

AND BINGO WAS THEIR NAME, AND NOW--> bingo again......

15. 2005 - London Railway bombings :
Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17
and 40

16. 2006 - Liquid explosives to blow up 10-20 commercial air liners in-flight :

Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17

and 40

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will
no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must
conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little
kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents of
the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with
metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor
Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40
alone because of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the
Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with federal justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so
aptly put it, ''Stupid is as stupid does."

Come on, people wake up!!!

Our Country and our troops need our support and most

of all our prayers daily!

I don't usually post emails I receive but this one was insightful.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

yes the world is stupid. especially those in America that find this kind of profiling wrong.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yes the world is stupid. especially those in America that find this kind of profiling wrong.
And those who think that others being killed in Iraq will change the world! I would put a smiley but too sad to think about!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
And those who think that others being killed in Iraq will change the world! I would put a smiley but too sad to think about!
please clarify. are you taking a shot at the pres or pointing out that Muslim men between 17-40 are killing lots of people in Iraq?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I agree Ferd.

If a dog bites me I'm not going to be looking for cats!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
CupCake

Sounds alot like another one of Bushes crazy Executive Order!

30 DAYS TO ABSOLUTE TYRANNY!
(Now 27 Days)
Latest Bush Executive Order Kills Your 5th Amendment Right to Own Property

In an as yet un-numbered Executive Order (at least the number isn't published), president bush has decreed that your property - all of it - can be taken away at the sole discretion of the Secretary of the Treasury at the mere suspicion that you may commit a crime in the future. You can view and read this latest executive atrocity at the White House website.

If you own a business, this concerns you. Whether you own it as a sole proprietorship, as a sole shareholder, or even as a partial shareholder of a corporation, you stand to lose all of it if the Secretary thinks you may commit an "act of violence" that may disrupt the war (or peace) effort in Iraq. Naturally, "act of violence" is not defined anywhere in this order.

Once this becomes law, he has all the tools Hitler and Stalin had to keep their respective populations in utter subjection to their will.

The executive order states in Section 1(a) that “all property and interests in property” of “any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of - blah, blah, blah (followed by a laundry list of “purposes or effects”).

This means that the triggering factor underlying any such blocking order is a mere “determination” by the Secretary of the Treasury that you pose a “significant risk” of committing an act of violence in the future that has any of the listed purposes or effects. All the Secretary then has to do is to “consult” with the secretaries of state and defense. There is not even a requirement that these two agree with the Treasury Secretary’s “determination”(!)

In other words, if the Secretary of the Treasury says that you “pose a significant risk” of committing an act of violence with the purpose or effect of “threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq; or undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people”, then the 'bushprez' can block you from accessing your bank account, retirement account, credit cards, or “any property or interest in property” that you may own.

That technically includes your house, whether owned or rented, your car or other means of transportation, whether owned or rented, your business, all the way down to your cell phone, toothpaste and underwear, as well as the twenty bucks you loaned your buddy that he hasn’t paid you back yet.

What is there to keep the Secretary of the Treasury from “determining” that you, because you oppose the war in Iraq, are probably one of those extremist hooligans who protested the WTO in Seattle a few years back, or that you are likely to act like one of them even though you haven’t even participated in those riots? War protesters do these things, don’t they? They are all the same, aren’t they?

If the Secretary “determines” that you probably are one of them and that you “pose a significant risk of committing” an act of violence intended to frustrate the war (or even the peace effort) in Iraq, all of your stuff can be taken away from you - or you can be “blocked” from accessing it, which pretty much amounts to the same thing.

You have no legal recourse under this order. No remedy at law. The order does not provide for compensation to you for the taking of your property. There is no due process requirement that will guarantee you a fair hearing in a court of law.

Unconstitutional? You bet!

But you can’t complain about it.

Why is that?

The president has declared a state of emergency back in 2003 (as he recites in this executive order at the end of the paragraph that starts with “I, GEORGE W. BUSH”). That state of emergency has not been rescinded, to this date.

In a state of emergency, the president has the power to do whatever he wants, and you can’t complain - or else.

This is the clear, logical consequence of Americans’ acquiescing to their government claiming the right to pursue the anti-Christian doctrine of preemptive war.

If the president can launch a war against another country in order to prevent a potential, as yet unrealized future attack, then he can also prosecute a potential criminal at home - or confiscate ALL of his property - for acts that the prez (or his Secretary) simply “determine” might be committed in the future.

We are talking about the imposition, by executive order, of absolute, unrestricted tyranny and despotism in the name of “national security.”

Does this mean he will take your property away from you?

Not necessarily.

But you just gave him (or any future president) the power to do so at any time in the future if he (or she) think it may be a good idea!

Yes, it is you who gave him that power - because you didn’t do anything about it.

No point in blaming anybody else. It’s you who is at fault. If you sit back and wait for somebody else to act on your behalf, you have just given up any legitimate claim to your own right to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.

Are you going to act?

Better stand up.

If you are a Christian, stand up.

If you are a Democrat, stand up.

If you are a Republican, even a Neocon who thinks the president would never do such a thing -

STAND UP!!

This is no time for playing party politics. If continuing the war in Iraq is more important to you than even the very last shred of your own liberty, then what’s the point in fighting the Jihadists? You have already acquiesced to live exactly the way they want you to live - namely, without any rights, whatsoever.

The only difference is the rhetoric used as justification for your enslavement. Bush uses rhetoric that appeals to US right-wingers, while the Jihadists use rhetoric that appeals to fundamentalist Muslims.

The result is the same.

Now, who is the enemy?

They both are. Each uses the other as justification for imposing a tyrannical regime onto you and everybody else. If you are an American and you value your Liberty, I don’t care what side of the phony political spectrum you currently occupy.

STAND UP!!

An executive order only becomes law if Congress doesn’t overturn it within thirty days after it is published in the Federal Register.

You can still prevent this order from becoming law - and I mean YOU! Not the guy next to you, not your representative in Congress. YOU must act NOW - or it’s all too late.

Call your two Senators. Call your Congressman. RAISE HELL! - but for God’s sake, don’t go out into the streets and smash in store windows to vent your frustration. That would deliver the perfect excuse for Bush to take your stuff away from you, or to have you arrested as a “terrorist” under the Military Commissions Act.

It’s your last chance. If you let this one slip by you, it’s all over with freedom.

One last point that I can’t resist making: If you trust any candidate for president in 2008 to voluntarily rescind this order after he or she becomes president, you ought to have your head examined. They all love the power it gives them. Only Ron Paul will actually do it - and you know that is true!

Alex Wallenwein

http://www.ron-paul-business-directo...o-tyranny.html
Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If a dog bites me I'm not going to be looking for cats!
I will be.... Because I can't stand cats.

But, I find it ridiculas when I hear stories of the 80 year old grandmother being strip searched, while the radical Muslim male is allowed to walk past for PC reasons.....