Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

Sad state of affairs in UPC missions in Mexico

Really makes me want to cry, and leaves me feeling disillusioned.

a few months ago, all UPCI missionaries were called home from Mexico due to the T.W. Drost situation, and Hazelwwod has terminated all missions there indefinately. My sources from within the World Missions Department made it clear to me that all UPCI missions efforts in Mexico have been shelved with no end in sight to this decision. This means those missionaries who were assured they would be able to return within a few months now must face the grim reality that they have lost their works they dedicated their lives to for so many years, and must find new countries to minister in.

Really? While the rest of the Pentecostal world is pouring money and personell into that country, we are retreating over one man? It makes no sense. I feel it is a huge mistake. They should just bid farewell to Drost and the 50% of Mexican pastors who are following him and officially recognize the "PUMEX" group which is comprised of the other 50% of pastors that have broken off from IPUM.

People have asked me what I'm going to do. Some have encouraged me to go ahead to Mexico as an independent or with GNCM. I have no doubt we could raise the money and I even have many Trinitarians who are pledging support. Others advise me that it could not possibly be God's will since the will of God is always tied to the decisions of the leaders of the organization.

We are heading down there in June anyway to spend the Summer with my wife's family. We will be working in their family business. Perhaps this will be a good time to reflect and find the mind of God on the matter. The first thing God is going to have to help me with is the bad taste all of this leaves in my mouth.

The only hesitation I have about going as an independent is that I don't want to be isolated. I have literally spent over a year in Mexico accumatively since 1999, having taken 16 trips there. But the thought of spending a few months being mentored by a veteran missionary seems very logical and appealing. I realize i'm not as "green" as most who would be going on the mission field, but having a Paul in one's life is always a blessing.

Please pray for us as we ponder these decisions.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sad state of affairs in UPC missions in Mexico

I do believe men can either help or hinder the work of God. Not because men are "so powerful" but because God has chosen to work through fallible man. We are partners with Him. I pray God grants you the wisdom and resources to do His will.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
On the road less traveled

Will be praying for this situation, and for the Lord to give you peace about what you need to do.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

Amen.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Banned

Preach the word brother. The only name you need behind you is Jesus name. Leave org politics behind. GOD bless!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:39 PM
of 9!! :)

May God direct your path as you endeavour to do His will.
Praying with you.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

It is ALWAYS the will of God that the lost be found....the weak strengthened and the captive go free.If God is opening a door to go and you feel so burdened then by all means go!May the great God of heaven give you favor in the hearts and minds of all you meet and prepare the way before you.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
It is ALWAYS the will of God that the lost be found....the weak strengthened and the captive go free.If God is opening a door to go and you feel so burdened then by all means go!May the great God of heaven give you favor in the hearts and minds of all you meet and prepare the way before you.
Yes it is always the will of God for the lost to be found etc. However, there is a time and a season for planting the seeds. Paul was "forbidden" of the Holy Ghost to go to Asia etc.

Act 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
Act 16:7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
Act 16:8 And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas.
Act 16:9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.
Act 16:10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

It s possible that the time may not be right yet or there may be something the Holy Ghost wants accomplished first. I do pray God grants wisdom for this decision.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I am all for using wisdom and being sensitive to the HolyGhost....however you notice it was the HolyGhost that constrained Paul not the politics of man.A person being led by the HolyGhost will know when that door is open and when it is the Spirit will check you if not.Love yall much.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Sister Alvear

with all due respect...I would go anywhere God sent me....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear