Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #981  
Old 06-15-2021, 07:20 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,993
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I wonder what Jesus would think about taking a whip and driving people out of the church. Doesn't sound like a very pacifist thing to do.
You’re right he drove out the money changers, and with a whip for that matter. With that said, what point does that prove? With this situation in the temple, now as ministers we need to open carry a firearm to church?

Listen, if you or anyone else wants to open carry, thats fine. Yet, you cant say the Lord told me to do it (unless he has), or because of the zeal of his house I carry a firearm. We’re commanded to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

My in-laws go to a church in Texas, funny thing about Texas, they feel they have the American spirit. Some of those pure bred Texans bleed, red, white, and blue. I had my mentor ask me one time, how do you spell Texas.... he said P-R-I-D-E! . Anyways back to the story. My in-laws church as soon as 10:00 am rolls around on a Sunday, the doors lock, and they have security guards walk the inside of the church fully armed. Maybe your ok with that, I’m not.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 06-15-2021, 07:23 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,993
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I wonder what Jesus would think about taking a whip and driving people out of the church. Doesn't sound like a very pacifist thing to do.
Also, just wanted to get your thought.

You mentioned Jesus driving out the money changers out of the Temple. Do you believe he would do that after Acts 2:38? Understanding on this side of History, we’re the Temple, and not some building made of stone. Just a thought.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 06-15-2021, 07:30 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,993
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Also, just wanted to get your thought.

You mentioned Jesus driving out the money changers out of the Temple. Do you believe he would do that after Acts 2:38? Understanding on this side of History, we’re the Temple, and not some building made of stone. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I don’t have a sword. I’m so ashamed. But I do have shotguns and rifles and knives and muzzleloaders and pistols. You know, just in case I get attacked by ducks. Ducks are getting so aggressive these days!

But just in case I have a snake, or a hooligan or even a hoodlum, or some other aggressive form of wildlife cross my path, and perhaps pose a threat to my family or even to a lesser extent my property, I may possibly press these firearms and weapons into double service. If it works for ducks, who knows what it would do for snakes and alligators. (Hypothetically speaking of course and in a very spiritual manner.)

Hey, speaking of alligators and rifles, I understand that Tony Spell done went and shot an alligator, and I understand that it wasn’t even a politician! Hey, a man’s gotta eat, right? And of course he needs shoes and belts and things.

Now he’s really gonna be in trouble!
You know Bro, I thought that was funny.

There are three ways to lead a church;

A King- Aggressive, Off with your head kind of way, I know thats crude, but you get my point.

A Priest- Everything is to the letter, everything is to the Law, Perfect!

A Shepherd- He leads by his voice and example. Not hard, not overbearing, gentle.

If people in the church I Pastor want to carry a firearm with the same intentions like yours, thats fine, Ill just smile. Ill still teach he is our protector, even when they take all the guns away, Ill just be more experienced at it.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 06-15-2021, 08:43 AM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,352
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You know Bro, I thought that was funny.

There are three ways to lead a church;

A King- Aggressive, Off with your head kind of way, I know thats crude, but you get my point.

A Priest- Everything is to the letter, everything is to the Law, Perfect!

A Shepherd- He leads by his voice and example. Not hard, not overbearing, gentle.

If people in the church I Pastor want to carry a firearm with the same intentions like yours, thats fine, Ill just smile. Ill still teach he is our protector, even when they take all the guns away, Ill just be more experienced at it.
I’m glad you caught the humor. On the other hand there are at least four ways to lead a church. The three ways that you listed, aaannd the scriptural way . . .

Plural eldership. But no one seems to want to follow the scripture when it comes to church leadership. So , I guess we just do the best we can.

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 06-15-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 06-15-2021, 08:54 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 24,545
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You’re right he drove out the money changers, and with a whip for that matter. With that said, what point does that prove? With this situation in the temple, now as ministers we need to open carry a firearm to church?

Listen, if you or anyone else wants to open carry, thats fine. Yet, you cant say the Lord told me to do it (unless he has), or because of the zeal of his house I carry a firearm. We’re commanded to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

My in-laws go to a church in Texas, funny thing about Texas, they feel they have the American spirit. Some of those pure bred Texans bleed, red, white, and blue. I had my mentor ask me one time, how do you spell Texas.... he said P-R-I-D-E! . Anyways back to the story. My in-laws church as soon as 10:00 am rolls around on a Sunday, the doors lock, and they have security guards walk the inside of the church fully armed. Maybe your ok with that, I’m not.
"...carry a firearm to church."

"...go to a church..."

"...security guards walk the inside of the church..."

I thought the people of God themselves constitute the church? If a building is the church, you've given up any argument you had about the temple back in the first century. On the other hand, if the church is not a building but a people, then you've given up any argument you had about "carrying guns to church". You can't have church be one thing when it suits your argument, then another thing when your argument shifts.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 06-15-2021, 09:08 AM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,352
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Also, just wanted to get your thought.

You mentioned Jesus driving out the money changers out of the Temple. Do you believe he would do that after Acts 2:38? Understanding on this side of History, we’re the Temple, and not some building made of stone. Just a thought.
Jesus was full of the Holy Ghost. He didn’t have to wait for the day of Pentecost. You’re right that we are the temple. But He may have been more upset with His people being defrauded by the priests than the fact that it was being done in the temple.

On the subject of pacifism, it was expected of a man in Bible times that he protect his house and family. It wasn’t questioned whether or not he would.

Luke.12

[39] And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

Sometimes loving your enemies means you correct them. It’s called tough love.

Heb.12

[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Just because you love your enemies, doesn’t mean you let them misuse you. Sometimes you just gotta apply the board of correction to the seat of understanding. I mean it in a purely Christian and most spiritual way . . .

Of course.
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 06-15-2021, 09:15 AM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,352
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...53024.amp.html

Tony Spell, being Tony Spell. Because who else is gonna do it.
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 06-15-2021, 09:21 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 24,545
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...53024.amp.html

Tony Spell, being Tony Spell. Because who else is gonna do it.
This is America. You do NOT hunt the king's lands or his wildlife without permission.

Lee Greenwood was unavailable for comment.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 06-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,993
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I’m glad you caught the humor. On the other hand there are at least four ways to lead a church. The three ways that you listed, aaannd the scriptural way . . .

Plural eldership. But no one seems to want to follow the scripture when it comes to church leadership. So , I guess we just do the best we can.
Forgive me. I'm still studying that subject.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 06-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,352
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Forgive me. I'm still studying that subject.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rev Tim Spell TakingDominion Fellowship Hall 7 08-02-2018 04:13 PM
Peace in Spite of Death KeptByTheWord Fellowship Hall 1 04-06-2015 07:51 PM
America Is Under A Spell. Scott Hutchinson Political Talk 1 07-21-2009 07:27 PM
Would you buy this on EBAY? Spell-Borat Chewy Fellowship Hall 0 07-22-2007 11:12 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by TJJJ
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.