Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-19-2020, 11:46 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Columbia Louisiana
Posts: 3,567
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Biblical quarantine:

Leviticus 13:45 A diseased person must wear torn clothes and let his hair hang loose, and he must cover his mouth and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean!’ 46 As long as he has the infection, he remains unclean. He must live alone in a place outside the camp.

The problem of course with this very contagious virus is that it is invisible and hard to discern if the symptoms presenting are the common cold, flu, or the virus that turns into a deadly pneumonia.

I just want people to think about these things. Quarantines work, and were instituted biblically. Not infecting other people was of the utmost importance, an institution of the Lord himself for the safety of the people.

This situation is not about religious freedom, because everyone's freedom is at stake, not just Christians.

However, I am concerned that something sinister is at work, trying to make use of this "perfect storm" of events, and to use it to usher in even greater loss of our freedoms.

But to not comply with a quarantine in our current Covid-19 event puts other vulnerable people in danger, and violates God's word, because we are to obey those in authority as long as we are not violating God's word.



Oh I agree. I definitely think some hinky dink is afoot. Yall keep us in prayer. Looking like longer and stricter efforts are coming. Trying to use an appropriate level of caution.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-20-2020, 01:02 AM
Raven's Avatar
Raven Raven is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,287
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

[QUOTE=Esaias;1583487]If the underlying premise is freedom to peacefully assemble, then it IS about religious freedom.[/QUOTE

I believe you missed my point but I won't belabor it. Just another reminder as to why I don't post here anymore nor seldom check the site to see what's happening. As you were!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-20-2020, 05:27 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,514
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeindeed View Post
Then they go to Costco surrounded by hundreds of strangers to stock up on TP. Doesn't make any sense!
That’s what doesn’t make sense to me.
We are totally safe in those places but not at church?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-20-2020, 05:30 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,514
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
What gets me Bro is that many of these profess that they believe we are living in the end of the end of the end.

These are some of the same men that adamantly professed their undying devotion, like Peter did, Lord, we will die for you.

Yet we see them rolling over and canceling church congregating for a facebook livestream.

So much for the boasts that they would never shut the doors of their churches without a fight...

What happened?

When did it happen?

How did it happen?

When did it start?

Had one man tell a friend that if they can do livestream for this then don't expect him to come back to church when it's over. He will stay home in his boxers and worship God over the screen!!!

Remember when they crucified the televangeslists over this and now....?

This is not going to end well for them.
How about churches that don’t do internet? They just have to have silent prayer?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-20-2020, 05:44 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,514
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Biblical quarantine:

Leviticus 13:45 A diseased person must wear torn clothes and let his hair hang loose, and he must cover his mouth and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean!’ 46 As long as he has the infection, he remains unclean. He must live alone in a place outside the camp.

The problem of course with this very contagious virus is that it is invisible and hard to discern if the symptoms presenting are the common cold, flu, or the virus that turns into a deadly pneumonia.

I just want people to think about these things. Quarantines work, and were instituted biblically. Not infecting other people was of the utmost importance, an institution of the Lord himself for the safety of the people.

This situation is not about religious freedom, because everyone's freedom is at stake, not just Christians.

However, I am concerned that something sinister is at work, trying to make use of this "perfect storm" of events, and to use it to usher in even greater loss of our freedoms.

But to not comply with a quarantine in our current Covid-19 event puts other vulnerable people in danger, and violates God's word, because we are to obey those in authority as long as we are not violating God's word.
How long are you going to remain in doors? I’m serious. How long are you not walking outside your house? Off your property? Please tell me how many pandemics did we do under Obama? What happened then? Why no hysteria to this magnitude? I have church family who are really going to be blown out by this. Job wise, all cruise ships are in moth balls. Resturants CLOSED. Court building closed. Gyms closed. We went through pandemics before, they might never rebound financially from this QUARANTINE. Going to church? Yelling fire in a theatre? Religious liberty? Jobs! Doe Rae Meee! People are loosing their jingle and you are quoting me Leviticus about how to identify someone with leprosy?
We have had pandemics before, way worse but no loss of jobs. Care to explain?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-20-2020, 05:54 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,514
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

I believe you missed my point but I won't belabor it. Just another reminder as to why I don't post here anymore nor seldom check the site to see what's happening. As you were!

You know something Raven I appreciate reading your posts. But when posters meet opposition and whine about reasons they no longer post? Make us glad they no longer post. Raven, this country lost its guts. I have watched for years postings on forums of bellyaching cry babies. The minute they meet strong opposition they fold like paper dolls. Looks like people only want echoes, and not voices.
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:23 AM
diakonos's Avatar
diakonos diakonos is offline
New User


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Posts: 2,435
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That’s what doesn’t make sense to me.
We are totally safe in those places but not at church?
Yep
__________________
“Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodos.”
-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-20-2020, 10:37 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,758
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
When you turn your Christian neighbors in to the death squads, pat yourself on the back real hard and enjoy it while you can. Cause you will very likely find yourself being turned in for disposal by your remaining neighbors eventually.
And you say my posts were uncalled for.

smh
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-20-2020, 10:39 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,758
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
So I am friends with a couple of Russian congregations, with many of them being from the Old Country.

The are watching what is going on here with terror as they see the same things that many of them left from over there in Russia.

They just said that this is the way it started over there. Rights and privileges taken away one at a time and you never got them back. Always for something justifiable.

They are resisting this with everything they have.

None of them, and there are some large ones, are closing shop but are going ahead with services.

The smallest one that I have preached at was over 250, one was 2500 out there in Sacramento.

None are giving in because they know what this leads to.

Amazing that people who have come out of that know what it looks like but the American Church doesn't have a clue...
Hope it never comes to that, because you and others who must have church services with large crowds in buildings likely won't survive spiritually.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,743
Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

We just received orders to close our churches...
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rev Tim Spell TakingDominion Fellowship Hall 7 08-02-2018 04:13 PM
Peace in Spite of Death KeptByTheWord Fellowship Hall 1 04-06-2015 07:51 PM
America Is Under A Spell. Scott Hutchinson Political Talk 1 07-21-2009 07:27 PM
Would you buy this on EBAY? Spell-Borat Chewy Fellowship Hall 0 07-22-2007 11:12 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by TJJJ
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.