Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-09-2020, 07:47 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,987
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Did he arrest him, or just let him go?
He was arrested. As you already know the point of the whole lesson was, are you prepared to take a life. Even in self defense, the toll they say it takes on the mind, that you pulled the trigger (or whatever) and killed someone weather in self defense or in cold blood. I don’t know anyone personally that took a life, but I have heard from others the mental strain it was for a person to realize the life they took, and it was taken in self defense.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-09-2020, 07:51 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,987
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I am just asking because of the video. I was just wondering what all the people with guns in that video protecting stores can actually do according to the law.
I understand.

I just think some on here would do more than just “ask a question”.

__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-09-2020, 11:27 AM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,342
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
He was arrested. As you already know the point of the whole lesson was, are you prepared to take a life. Even in self defense, the toll they say it takes on the mind, that you pulled the trigger (or whatever) and killed someone weather in self defense or in cold blood. I don’t know anyone personally that took a life, but I have heard from others the mental strain it was for a person to realize the life they took, and it was taken in self defense.
Isn't that the result of our wealthy society? Did David go depressed for doing his job?
Isn't that situation well characterized by the phrase of Voltaire: "History is filled with the sound of silken slippers going downstairs and wooden shoes coming up."?

I heard once that one of the reason, is the tremendous disconnection between the food supply and the current first world society.
Many around me have never seen an animal killed, skinned, and cut, and then eaten. Many even go vegetarian because they can't handle it. It is the concept of killing a live creature and "death" being so foreign to wealthy people in a relatively peaceful society.

I am not comparing humans with animals. Killing an animal is not the same as killing humans. I am not supporting taking human lives "just because I am angry for justice" with my statements. I am just echoing what I heard, and saying that your argument for not killing at all is typical of a first world person.

For a society to work in this sinful world, killing will unavoidably exists so judgment is applied, and defense is practiced so we can have peace. Murdering is wrong.

In the Epistles to the Romans, right after Paul said that we need to pay good with evil and leave vengeance to the Lord, he said that we should submit to the authorities, and that they have a sword for a reason, to bring judgment to evil. God uses civil authorities to bring judgment, and if they don't, God will judge them. I am not saying civil authorities are perfect and godly, but in their imperfection God can use them to bring judgment. And the sword is not for just looks.

Last edited by coksiw; 06-09-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-09-2020, 09:28 PM
votivesoul's Avatar
votivesoul votivesoul is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 5,014
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
That's the scariest thing to see out of all of this, on multiple levels.
__________________
For anyone devoted to His fear:

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-09-2020, 11:06 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Columbia Louisiana
Posts: 3,555
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
That's the scariest thing to see out of all of this, on multiple levels.
According to some on here they'd better send bachelor's.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,552
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
He was arrested.
That's good. Your wording was vague enough that I couldn't tell what the end result was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
As you already know the point of the whole lesson was, are you prepared to take a life. Even in self defense, the toll they say it takes on the mind, that you pulled the trigger (or whatever) and killed someone weather in self defense or in cold blood.
As someone who conceal carries every day, I consider this all the time. I still don't know if I could pull the trigger, even to save my own life. Perhaps to save the life of someone else, but even then I just don't know. I pray every day that I'll never have to find out, but I still carry because evil occurs whenever we least expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I don’t know anyone personally that took a life, but I have heard from others the mental strain it was for a person to realize the life they took, and it was taken in self defense.
This is the primary reason I don't know if I could actually go through with it. While I have no issue putting myself in harm's way should the need arise, I don't know if I could actually bring myself to stop a threat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,552
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Useful idiots who don't understand the reason behind the Gadsden flag. These are the modern day brown shirts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 8,180
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
He was arrested. As you already know the point of the whole lesson was, are you prepared to take a life. Even in self defense, the toll they say it takes on the mind, that you pulled the trigger (or whatever) and killed someone weather in self defense or in cold blood. I don’t know anyone personally that took a life, but I have heard from others the mental strain it was for a person to realize the life they took, and it was taken in self defense.
I believe watching helplessly while a loved one is being tortured, raped, murdered, would be worse.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:02 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,987
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
That's good. Your wording was vague enough that I couldn't tell what the end result was.

As someone who conceal carries every day, I consider this all the time. I still don't know if I could pull the trigger, even to save my own life. Perhaps to save the life of someone else, but even then I just don't know. I pray every day that I'll never have to find out, but I still carry because evil occurs whenever we least expect it.


This is the primary reason I don't know if I could actually go through with it. While I have no issue putting myself in harm's way should the need arise, I don't know if I could actually bring myself to stop a threat.
You know what Brother, I commend your honesty. I know several that would say the opposite and be the first to hide when the threat arose. Ill tell you right now, I couldn’t pull their trigger on no human being. This is my own conviction, I dont carry a weapon, unless I’m going hunting or target shooting. I just feel, your asking for trouble if your going to be carrying a gun around all day.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:04 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,987
Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I believe watching helplessly while a loved one is being tortured, raped, murdered, would be worse.
I understand.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing You Revival - Rev. Elder G Floyd DAII The D.A.'s Office 3 04-09-2010 12:45 PM
Floyd Odom gulfcoastbrother The Newsroom 56 02-15-2010 10:03 AM
What Is The Second Death ? Scott Hutchinson Deep Waters 7 05-23-2009 05:49 PM
Pink Floyd Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 49 05-30-2007 08:22 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by MawMaw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.