Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I have only heard bad things about the place. Looks great from the outside until you start peeling layers....
Attention: Consider the source. For those who don't know this poster this post would be taken at face value. But let's consider something. One ILG most certainly doesn't approve of anything that has the words "holiness," "Apostolic," and "conservative." Now that I mentioned that, let me move onto this, we just had a sister visit there. She thought it was alright. Yet, still that is one person. Concerning religion in any shape or form it must be experienced by the individual. Because look, if I make statements about someone, let's use ILG. Or Emma Boatanchor , you may or may not accept my view. You may know this poster personally, which gives you a different view or make you nod your head with an affirmative. I have been having some tough breaks of late. Some who love me, have reached out in some amazing ways, some who hate me just jab the pin into their dolls a little harder, and those who are indifferent towards me aren't even phased. So when this forum barbecues churches, pastors, or Pentecostal communes just take it all with a grain of salt. Not only consider the source, but do your own research if you are interested. Get your own hands dirty, do your own heavy lifting. Experience you receive would be the best witness. I understand that you can't always do that, and must go by what others say. Then in that case make sure you weigh all sides through the leading of the Holy Ghost and trusted, time proven godly elders.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage - responsible inquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Attention: Consider the source.
Amen. Always a good idea.

Quote:
we just had a sister visit there. She thought it was alright.
They have the two-day (used to be 3-day, they dropped the Sunday) Thanksgiving fair.
Also a special song-fest on the December holi-day, holly-day period.

When I went to the concert in 2009, the Thanksgiving fair, they actually mangled the song "Days of Elijah", substituting the dark-side name "yahweh" (or oy-vey as I prefer to use) in the majestic and beautiful "No God but Jehovah" chorus. And I literally ran the aisles .. OUT .. of the tent, impelled by the Holy Spirit, as it came upon me as a heavy spiritual assault. Thank you Lord Jesus for your protecting hand.

============

A little aside:
When I went to the Fair in 2009, I inquired about the availability of a Bible, to buy in the shop, or read, or be given. Nothing was available except a child's Greek workbook for sale, using the corruption Westcott-Hort recension text. This, I believe, is a result of their shifting sand Version view, plus their hopes over the years to put out their own version. Plus the elevation of their own literature. (Very different from the 70s and early 80s.)

Quote:
I have been having some tough breaks of late. Some who love me, have reached out in some amazing ways ...
That part is wonderful to hear. I am trying to job my memory on some contacts we may have had years back, just sent you a message. (Thanks for responding, my memories seem to be mixing people.)

Quote:
So when this forum barbecues churches, pastors, or Pentecostal communes just take it all with a grain of salt. Not only consider the source, but do your own research if you are interested. Get your own hands dirty, do your own heavy lifting. Experience you receive would be the best witness. I understand that you can't always do that, and must go by what others say. Then in that case make sure you weigh all sides through the leading of the Holy Ghost and trusted, time proven godly elders.
Amen.

With Homestead Heritage there are a few special elements. Major and critical parts of their teaching and worship are kept away from the inquiring newbie. So the due diligence has some obstacles.

And I do believe that Homestead Heritage came forth with a true Holy Spirit calling and anointing. And there are many disaffected nattering nabobs of negativity whose barbecue words should only be used for chestnut fires. And I would love to see them maintain the good elements that they have, and restore that which the canker worm has eaten.

Joel 2:25
And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten,
the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm,
my great army which I sent among you.

====================

Here is an invitation that Homestead Heritage put forth, that those who are concerned about some of their doctrines should avoid sensational accusations and instead should be:

Quote:
"openly contesting our actual beliefs on intellectual or religious grounds"

Response to Criticism
https://response.homesteadheritage.com/
And that is the approach I have tried to be very careful to take.

Yours in the wonderful and majestic name of Jesus!

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 01-22-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Brother Avery, what do you think led them down these paths? Was it just drifting too far from the shore, or is there more, like an agenda of some kind on the part of leadership?
These are big questions. Allow me to pass for now, as we continue with some doctrinal examinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Who, in fact, are the leadership?
Well, the fellership began with Blair and Regina Adams in the early 70s in New York. An eldership developed which really had a lot of the day-to-day functional authority. I'm not sure if you are asking about names or legal structure or what. And I could only answer without full precision. They do have some legal entities, like the Institute for Sustainable Culture, where you can read the names of officers. They are not very transparent on these issues. Part of that relates to the clashes where the government wants to intrude.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 01-22-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I heard that in their sanctuary there is a sign with the name Yahweh.

How much Hebrew Roots are in this group.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

https://response.homesteadheritage.c...-the-children/
Old 01-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I just spoke with a visitor who went there during the New Years. It was brought to my knowledge that they are Apostolic Pentecostal. They use the name Jesus and aren't sacred name Hebrew roots. The mainstream media attacked them because it makes for ratings and viewers. Meaning don't have a commune because if you do you may be maligned. This happened to the 12 Tribes community in their early years. David Koresh and his people were burned to death because of accusations.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

https://response.homesteadheritage.c...-the-children/

Everyone needs to watch this video.

Not only because of the group, but to show how News Media is a fraud. Fake News 101.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I think you'll find some people on here who are not so thrilled with this place, if I remember right.
Who cares.

Quote:
"I think you'll find some people on here who are not so thrilled with_____, if I remember right."
Just fill in the blanks boys and girls. Hey, even insert your own name. I especially love the end of quote. You know where they allude to the haters, but can't actually remember the situation correctly. When we all stand at the judgement seat of Christ, will we remember our mercy we gave out to others?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
These places scare me to death. For one they scare me in their own right but also because of the black eye they give Christianity in general.
Wonder where this poster is today?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Sherri is correct. You need to dig a little deeper.

I saw that same "nirvana" appearnce in the TV interviews with the wives and children of that polygmist sect that got raided in Texas last year and the kids taken.

The women looked like Little House on The Prairie moms. As wholesome as any Pentecostal woman. They led simple lives devoted to their religion and were VERY seperated from the "world" in their VERY modest dress standard.

The Waco bunch this thread is about are not into polygmy but they are into control. I have observed some of it first hand. Blair came out of Kenneth Phillips church in Austin a long, long time ago. Around the late 70's or if in the 80's it was before '83.

Unless they have change in the last 15 years they are big time into "shunning". They are really nice to visitors and customers but they are not seeing the reality of the situation.

I observed a really funny situation with that group involving the "shunning" back in the early 1990's.
CC1 what do you think about "shunning?"