Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Starting 3 John Mens Fraternity at our church

I am starting a mens and womens group at church called 3 John Men Fraternity--3J Mens Frat or Men Frat for short 3 John Ladies Soroity. The main focuse is based on 3 John 2:1. The Message version says it this way: I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health—that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul!

The main focus of this is not just physical health though that is very important. The focus is over all health inside and out. I have the pastor permission to get all the info, videos, books or whatever. He and our Bishop are behind me on it. I am trying to get some great ideas for what to add. We are going to focus things like, eating, physical fitness, dealing with addictions/ Mens issues/Womens issues, depression, anxiety, self worth, sexual health, homosexual issues, etc. We are actually going to do some teaching to the older group that are parents or planning on parenting and give help in areas. Teach them how to raise Godly kids not just good kids. We are also going to do teaching to the teens and middle school age. Teaching about sex, peer pressure and dealing with growing up.

My need from all of you are on more ideas and which products might work better for these things. I live in AZ so we have alot we can do but looking for my families (AFF) help.

The reason I have a burden for this is because if we are to be the Apostolic church or the church in general we need WAY more than shouting, dancing, and talking in tongues. I was led this way by the spirit of God. I noticed that Paul in his writtings to basically the Apostolic church would not just make sure that doctrine was correct, but make sure that they were balanced. Not one man can do all the leading in the church--the pastor doesn't have to do everything. Paul in his writtings would often say basically, "I wish I was there but I can't be so here is some direction."

So I need everyones help. Any and all info given will be researched and probably used. I need your help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Re: Starting 3 John Mens Fraternity at our church

bump
Old 09-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Sounds great! What a benefit it will be I'm sure. Your subject matter runs the gammet I see. Anything you won't be discussing?

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
Sounds great! What a benefit it will be I'm sure. Your subject matter runs the gammet I see. Anything you won't be discussing?
The goal is to cover the whole deal. There is nothing off limits. Infact we want to focus on the taboo issues and the never touched issues. Example is how often in church is it taught to the saints how to raise godly kids. Probably not a ton anything more than "raise them in the church" is an added benefit. I want to deal with things from hidden sexual sin to getting ahead in the work place. I also want to develop a set of teachings and or a video about dealing with sex--for teens. I want to be up front and honest with them. Another example of what I want to accomplish is remove the teaching from the church on how sinful and damnable sex is and teach the proper aspects of a sexual relationship and teach why it exists and how it fits God's design to grow the earth. I do want a good diet of why they need to wait for marriage and how to deal with mistakes they may have made.

Let's say that there is a guy and a girl getting married at the age of 23 and they have been raised in the church all that time. It is very probable that they have eaten a steadt diet of how sex=sin. But when they become 23 they choose to marry and have to unlearn all the garbage that they were taught in the first 23 years. Are they are expected to have a healthy sexual relationship in their marriage? But how can they if the only thing they were taught was different?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 AM

I notice this thread has had several viewers, but only 2 posters. I need everyones help here. Hopefully these are issues that hit home with other posters. Certainly others on AFF want their generation healthy spiritually and physically? What about our kids generation? I need everyones help with ideas of things to cover or info on things that I have mentioned.