Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-27-2021, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Prayers for My Father, Please

My father, Bro Gene Belflower, has had two strokes this past week. He is currently in ICU in Savannah. The doctors are baffled as to where the strokes have originated, and therefore they're unsure how to stop a potential third stroke (although no one feels he'll have another). He's been in very good spirits, because he knows our God is a healer, but he is ready to come home.

This morning, he couldn't move the right side of his body. He was taken for yet another CT scan to see where the issue had come from. He's had multiple CTs and MRIs trying to locate the error, but the doctors aren't having any luck. His heart is in great condition, and therefore they've ruled out the idea of his strokes originating there.

I know God knows what He is doing. Daddy's condition has opened doors to our lost family. His sisters, brother, nieces, and nephews have all been opened to hearing about the Lord. Some of them have even came to visit our church, two of which have been very hard against the church previously.

I'd greatly appreciate the prayers for my Daddy and my Mom who is staying with him in the ICU.

Thank you my Brothers and Sisters.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:19 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Prayers for My Father, Please

praying

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-27-2021, 11:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Praying for your father in Jesus name
Old 12-27-2021, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Thank you both for the prayers. We appreciate all of them that we can get.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Tuesday, December 27, 2:15pm UPDATE:

The latest CT scan doesn't show anything new as to why his right side has gone limp. According to the doctor, the test isn't showing anything different than what they've been seeing the entire time he's been at the ICU with them. On the face of it, that's a good thing, but it's bad sense we don't have an answer for what's going wrong and why. The doctors are calling Daddy's condition a "medical mystery". They're baffled that they don't know where the strokes have originated, and likewise, they're befuddled that he's in as good of condition as he has been the past week.

They spoke with my Mom earlier about when Daddy does get to come home he will possibly have to spend 3-6 weeks in a rehab to do around-the-clock physical therapy to regain mobility of his body. The majority of these type of facilities aren't allowing visitors, so if he were to go to one, he'd be without visitors the entire duration. When she told me this, I just told my Mom that I rebuked that in Jesus' name. My Daddy's been too faithful to the Lord and I know that he's going to be healed. Hearing such news just gives us more specifics to pray to God. Now we can ask the Lord to make sure my Daddy comes on and doesn't go to a rehab.

On a positive note, my co-workers have been asking me all day how my Daddy's doing. I spoke to them all in a group, and gave them all a brief run-down of the facts the best I could. Later on, however, I spoke to one co-worker specifically. I told her that, despite all the issues, my Daddy had been in good spirits practically the whole time. I told her how I knew my Daddy had been too faithful to a great big God not to get healed. I told her how, while my wife and I traveled back to Savannah on Saturday, I got a peace in my spirit assuring me that God was going to heal my Daddy. I told her how I know God was going to turn this part of Daddy's life into a testimony and a witnessing tool for him to reach lost souls, including his family. This touched my co-worker and she began to cry. I hope this time of God working a miracle for my Daddy opens doors for me to speak with my co-workers about a soul-saving and powerful God.

Continued prayers in Jesus' name.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Has he taken the mrna injection? It has a history of causing partial paralysis and sudden inexplicable stroke.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-27-2021, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Praying for your Daddy and Mom, Bro. Flame.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Has he taken the mrna injection? It has a history of causing partial paralysis and sudden inexplicable stroke.
Not that I am aware of. I haven't been there since Sunday afternoon, but I've been keeping in contact as strictly as I can while at work.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Praying for your Daddy and Mom, Bro. Flame.
Thank you. We appreciate the prayers.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

UPDATE Monday, December 27, 9:00pm (posting the morning after)

I spoke with my Daddy last night. He had slept the majority of yesterday, and haven't eaten a whole lot. When he woke up, my Mom told him that I had called, and he called me back. He speech was slurred, which was something new for me because it wasn't when I spoke to him last, but otherwise he seemed to be doing good. He cried and told me how he missed me (which broke my heart half in two), but told me how he knew I had to be back at work. I assured him I'd be back to see him this weekend, but I was steadily praying that he'd be well enough to be sent home before then.

I haven't heard anything since then, so I pray that means all went well through the night and that Daddy and Mom each got a good night's rest. I've texted my Mom this morning, and I will prayerfully hear a good report from her shortly.

P.S. I cannot remember if I told everyone here that these strokes have altered Daddy's vision. It has damaged his peripheral vision, and they're unsure if that can or will be restored. BUT I know a God that can heal it all. Also, my Daddy's employer hasn't been doing too good throughout this time. We were all hoping that, as Christians, they'd "carry" Daddy a good while. He's giving him three weeks pay and is going to assist in helping Daddy apply for potential unemployment and disability. So I am thankful that he is at least assisting throughout this.

Thank you all for your prayers.