Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 09-20-2022, 09:59 PM
mfblume's Avatar
mfblume mfblume is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB CANADA
Posts: 38,116
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
You haven't read this threads in detail then. I have shown with historical facts and Bible, and others as well. The 1 Cor 9 is talking about is just an anchor he is holding to argue (or show off his knowledge or something, who knows), and provoke a discussion on a topic which is already answered. There have been 40 pages at this point of discussion, sir. See first why this thread ended up the way it ended up.

The problem with those two that insist I don't listen is that I'm calling them out for what it is and they don't want to admit it.

You are just picking sides and using a name synonymous of some characteristics to ... never mind. Let's leave it like that.
How can people lie like this?

Esaias, can you help out here and clarify something? You caught what I was saying.
__________________
...MY THOUGHTS, ANYWAY.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 09-20-2022, 10:21 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,581
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
How can people lie like this?

Esaias, can you help out here and clarify something? You caught what I was saying.
I think coksiw is being as difficult as Esaias thinks I am. It is always interesting around here. We just need some more posters to argue with. It takes too long for people to respond with only 3-4 posters.
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 09-21-2022, 11:48 AM
seguidordejesus's Avatar
seguidordejesus seguidordejesus is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 2,758
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I think coksiw is being as difficult as Esaias thinks I am. It is always interesting around here. We just need some more posters to argue with. It takes too long for people to respond with only 3-4 posters.
Somebody call Dan the Man and the Preacher Squad!
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 09-21-2022, 01:11 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 25,597
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Somebody call Dan the Man and the Preacher Squad!
:
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 09-21-2022, 08:06 PM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,812
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Somebody call Dan the Man and the Preacher Squad!


Some angry preacher video online comes to mind.

Last edited by coksiw; 09-21-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 11-22-2022, 07:41 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 2,360
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
So you are teaching it. With a soft stand, yes, as a "recommendation", or a "guideline", but still it is a gross misapplication of the OT texts, which is then a false teaching. You are persuading people whether openly or with hints to do an action based on false premises, false teaching.
Just looking to get your take on this.

Malachi 3:8-11
v.8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
v.9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
v.10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
v.11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.


Do any of these verses apply to us today? Is there a way we can rob God by not putting our tithe and offering in the storehouses? Im not talking about monetary coin alone, in your study on this subject, how can a we as the church today apply these verses of scripture?
__________________
""The Government of The United States is NOT, in ANY sense, founded on the CHRISTIAN religion". - Founding Father -John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 11-22-2022, 03:21 PM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,812
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Just looking to get your take on this.

Malachi 3:8-11
v.8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
v.9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
v.10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
v.11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.


Do any of these verses apply to us today? Is there a way we can rob God by not putting our tithe and offering in the storehouses? Im not talking about monetary coin alone, in your study on this subject, how can a we as the church today apply these verses of scripture?
How would you apply this verse?
Isa 65:4 NKJV - (4) Who sit among the graves, And spend the night in the tombs; Who eat swine's flesh, And the broth of abominable things is [in] their vessels;
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of tithes in North America James Griffin Fellowship Hall 25 11-01-2010 12:07 PM
Where do you go to church,If you dont pay tithes? corvet786c Fellowship Hall 12 09-11-2009 07:16 AM
Would You Attend a Church Whose Pastor Did Not Pay Tithes? tamor Fellowship Hall 54 09-21-2007 03:52 PM
Would you attend a church that did not require tithes? COOPER Fellowship Hall 178 08-14-2007 02:23 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.