Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Survey About Doctrinal Beliefs

I've expressed some dismay at the heavy criticism here when all I've done is promote the basic Acts2:38 New Birth message. It's basics of belief in repentance, baptism in water in Jesus' name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking with other tongues.

So could I get an idea of what's here at AFF and just see what people believe by asking these questions?

1: Do you believe that water baptism must be done in the name of Jesus and that any other baptism is not a valid baptism?

2: Do you believe that the infilling of the Holy Ghost is evidenced only by speaking with other tongues?

3: Do you believe these things are absolutely necessary in order to be saved and ready for heaven?

4: Do you hold as a core value the basics of traditional pentecostal holiness which is: Men: full length pants, shirts with sleeves, short hair, Women: uncut hair, no makeup, no pants, shirts with sleeves?

5: Do you believe a trinitarian will go to heaven?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Survey About Doctrinal Beliefs

Dude at least one of AFFs heros doesnt even believe repentance is necessary. why would they believe you need to be baptized?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Dude at least one of AFFs heros doesnt even believe repentance is necessary. why would they believe you need to be baptized?
Who?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPathsII View Post
I've expressed some dismay at the heavy criticism here when all I've done is promote the basic Acts2:38 New Birth message. It's basics of belief in repentance, baptism in water in Jesus' name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking with other tongues.

So could I get an idea of what's here at AFF and just see what people believe by asking these questions?

1: Do you believe that water baptism must be done in the name of Jesus and that any other baptism is not a valid baptism?
No. And while I could ask you to specify what you mean, I already know. So my answer is that baptism is not an act, where the correct words are spoken over us for salvation. The baptizee should have either before the baptism or during, called upon the name of the LORD.

Quote:
2: Do you believe that the infilling of the Holy Ghost is evidenced only by speaking with other tongues?
No.

Quote:
3: Do you believe these things are absolutely necessary in order to be saved and ready for heaven?
No.

Quote:
4: Do you hold as a core value the basics of traditional pentecostal holiness which is: Men: full length pants, shirts with sleeves, short hair, Women: uncut hair, no makeup, no pants, shirts with sleeves?
No
Quote:
Well... duh!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

OPII, I think you're still sucking on a bottle.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
*sigh*

Quote:
I
yes

Quote:
yes

Quote:
yes

Quote:
mostly--- depends on whether or not the sleeves have to be long

Quote:
depends on what they have done with items 1 and 2

there ya go...don't talk much about it here. what would be the point?

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the World
It's all over, fat lady done sang...

Last edited by John Atkinson; 02-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

No. Because the english name of Jesus is just an arrangement of words that hold no power. It is the person behind those words that mean something. If the whole world was struck mute, does that mean we couldn't baptize anyone anymore? When my son was just a baby and he would cry out for me, did I not answer just because he couldn't say Mommy?

No, although I have spoken in tongues I have personally experienced a relationship with God before I received this gift. I truly believe that LOVE is evidence of the Holy Spirit working in someone's life.

I don't believe in checklists when it comes to salvation. A relationship with our Savior is much more that that. We do things because we love God, not because we want to be loved by God.

No, with all the horrible things that I have been through and have seen other people go through, I feel that sleeve and hem length are the least of Mankind's problems.

I do not know whether someone is saved or not- I am not God. Is a person not saved just because they have a different understanding of God? As humans, it is impossible for any of us to understand our creator. Can you explain how God never had a beginning, how he can keep track of billions of people at the same time? If you get it wrong are you damned?

Love is patient, love is kind, Love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things,
Hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
- I Corinthians 13:4-8
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post
yes

yes

yes

mostly--- depends on whether or not the sleeves have to be long

depends on what they have done with items 1 and 2

there ya go...

Glad to see your answers. I didn't say "Long sleeves" because I understand that many don't embrace that standard. I do and it's important to me, but I thought I would just keep it at the basics here.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
OPII, I think you're still sucking on a bottle.

Thank you for not taking me seriously and using the occasion to throw yet another childish insult my way. If you don't like this or have a negative opinion about it, why not just skip it rather than feeling the need to belittle me?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Seriously? What AFF Hero doesn't believe in repentance?