Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Matthew 7:6

Great Article On Barack Obama, a.k.a. "The Child"

(Funny stuff. This is one of the best pieces of satire I've seen in a long time.)
-------------------

From The Times of London
July 25, 2008

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”

In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.

And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world....

Full article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4392846.ece

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Great Article On Barack Obama, a.k.a. "The Chi

That was the finest bit of prose ive read in a long time!

LOL!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Administrator

I read that this morning. It was good but they got one factual point wrong. Barak's grandparents were not white and black it was his mother that was white and his father that was black.

I know his grandparents on his moms side were both white and I assume that his grandparents on his father's side were both black since he was from Nigeria or some other African country before he came to Hawaii for an education and a blonde.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I read that this morning. It was good but they got one factual point wrong. Barak's grandparents were not white and black it was his mother that was white and his father that was black.

I know his grandparents on his moms side were both white and I assume that his grandparents on his father's side were both black since he was from Nigeria or some other African country before he came to Hawaii for an education and a blonde.
CC1, the quote actually is accurate if misleading.

I believe the writer was refering to Barak's "race speech" where he called his grandmother a "typical white person" then listed her racists sins....

the quote:
Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
CC1, the quote actually is accurate if misleading.

I believe the writer was refering to Barak's "race speech" where he called his grandmother a "typical white person" then listed her racists sins....

the quote:
Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant.
Oh, I see. So he was attributing his maternal grandmother to the "typical white person" part of the sentance and his paternal grandparent(s) as the African peasant?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

funny stuff, a new book came out today about bho, and the chicago political machine, enlightening, just another hack politician and yet i hear singing, Messiah has come, oh brother, lol
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Oh, I see. So he was attributing his maternal grandmother to the "typical white person" part of the sentance and his paternal grandparent(s) as the African peasant?
yes.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
He came to Hawaii "for an education and a blonde", huh?
Interesting phrasesology.

But anyway...
The man came to the US for an education, and while in school he met Obama's mother. But he didnt come here "for an education and a blonde", as you put it. (His mother happened to be brunette, by they way. )

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
He came to Hawaii "for an education and a blonde", huh?
Interesting phrasesology.

But anyway...
The man came to the US for an education, and while in school he met Obama's mother. But he didnt come here "for an education and a blonde", as you put it. (His mother happened to be brunette, by they way. )
but it was a nice turn of a phrase!

Points for the word picture I say!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

you guys are having to much fun with this, i just wish people knew the real truth about this man, who is not even qualified to be president, lol