Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
My Family!

Re: PRAY for PO's Daughter and Grandson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
We've done the SS lesson. LOL! When I see this precious little child, I can feel the intensity of her fear and why she has it. Let's bind together and pray that she can overcome that fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
We can sure do that!! In Jesus name!!!!
Amen!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
You might need to enlist some outside help for her here. It is sounding very much like this is turning into an obsession for her. I don't mean that to sound critical. I certainly understand why she has the fear she has after having waited soooooo long to get this precious gift. But she is not doing him OR herself any favors by smothering him this way.

I have to wonder if the doctor really said that the way it sounds? Or did he say to her that October is the time when things like the flu and colds and stuff really kick in, so.... But not meaning that she needs to keep him away from others starting then? IF he did say that, I would seriously begin looking for another pediatrician. But that's just me.

Does she work outside of her home? what is she doing for daycare? surely at some point, she will need a break. She's got to start leaving him now - even if it's only for a few minutes at a time - or he will be miserable when she really does need to leave him. That's not a fair thing to do to him.
Margie, you are right - - and what they mean by "keep them away" means - - don't let someone cough, sneeze or touch your baby if they are sick.

Of course Mattie doesn't have this breathing issue, but her doctor said being around people isn't the problem, being around sick people that touch the baby is.

Last edited by rgcraig; 08-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
You might need to enlist some outside help for her here. It is sounding very much like this is turning into an obsession for her. I don't mean that to sound critical. I certainly understand why she has the fear she has after having waited soooooo long to get this precious gift. But she is not doing him OR herself any favors by smothering him this way.

I have to wonder if the doctor really said that the way it sounds? Or did he say to her that October is the time when things like the flu and colds and stuff really kick in, so.... But not meaning that she needs to keep him away from others starting then? IF he did say that, I would seriously begin looking for another pediatrician. But that's just me.

Does she work outside of her home? what is she doing for daycare? surely at some point, she will need a break. She's got to start leaving him now - even if it's only for a few minutes at a time - or he will be miserable when she really does need to leave him. That's not a fair thing to do to him.
Margie,
I agree with some of what you are saying. I just talked to her a little while ago. She admitted that part of it was fear, but he also wants to nurse every two hours, which my son did as well. It was very aggravating and time consuming. I put up with that for about 7 months and then cut him off. LOL!

She had finished nursing him, earlier, and told her husband to watch him that she needed to get out and run some errands. Well, 10 minutes later he called and didn't know what to do, the baby was crying. She told him to walk him, take him outside, do something because she knew he wasn't hungry. She told him to calm down or the baby wouldn't calm down. Anyway, he did all of that and the baby fell asleep, so they are working it out.

On the babysitting - the girl that managed her boutique when she had it open is willing to stop by and babysit on short notice. They arranged this a while back and I can come by if she gives me notice. I live one hour away and have to be home when my husband is here or he will pitch a fit. LOL! We definitely won't be doing day care. Her husband's hours can be worked out to adjust with her too.

She's in real estate and can be home for the most part. So, I think it's ideal and she is doing very well.

But, I do agree, a little more fear than is necessary and she needs to get over that.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Margie, you are right - - and what they mean by "keep them away" means - - don't let someone cough, sneeze or touch your baby if they are sick.

Of course Mattie doesn't have this breathing issue, but her doctor said being around people isn't the problem, being around sick people that touch the baby is.
You have no idea how many people come to our church sick. I want to say, "Good grief, would you please go home!" LOL! Why do people do that?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Not riding the train

My husband just said, "Until they take the baby off the monitor, I wouldn't say anything else about it." Okay!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:05 PM
My Family!

Quote:
My husband just said, "Until they take the baby off the monitor, I wouldn't say anything else about it." Okay!
Probably right......well, be a support to her - - that's what she needs now.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Probably right......well, be a support to her - - that's what she needs now.
Thanks, I'm trying to do that. Thanks for your prayers, gotta run! Have a great evening!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
I agree, but babies need to be held by their grandmothers!!!!!!!!
I held Joshua yesterday and talked to him while they were trying to take our pictures. Victoria said, Granny look at me, not him......
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I agree, but babies need to be held by their grandmothers!!!!!!!!
I held Joshua yesterday and talked to him while they were trying to take our pictures. Victoria said, Granny look at me, not him......

I'm sure I will hold him tomorrow. Although, if she offers, I think I'll say, "Nawww. I can wait."
Old 08-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:

I'm sure I will hold him tomorrow. Although, if she offers, I think I'll say, "Nawww. I can wait."
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV