Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 10-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump now down by 8 in Rasmussen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thank you. Wow, that was pretty easy.
Trump took COVID to the woodshed. He’s going back to the WH tonight and the DC media hacks are furious.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Trump took COVID to the woodshed. He’s going back to the WH tonight and the DC media hacks are furious.
Yea, I heard he won’t be taking questions from reporters when he leaves. They will be disappointed as they won’t get to ask him to denounce white supremacy again. Lol
Old 10-05-2020, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The formal title is Order of the Faith. The article used an adjective to describe the title as "prestigious." It's really not that hard to understand. A big clue is the word "Prestigious" isn't capitalized.

"""WV's own Rev. Daniel and Joretta Scott were inducted into the prestigious Order of the Faith of the United Pentecostal Church International at the 2012 annual General Conference."""

My father was inducted years ago, so I've seen the documents and medal and the title.
Ok, can you explain why some are inducted into the hall of Faith while others are not?
Old 10-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Ok, can you explain why some are inducted into the hall of Faith while others are not?
Peanut brittle sales
Old 10-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I’m not sure the qualifications. My father pastored over 60 years and served as a District Foreign Missions Director for over a dozen years and District Home Missions Director for another 10 years or so.

The website says it’s to honor “outstanding achievement and exemplary service to the UPCI.”
Old 10-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yea, I heard he won’t be taking questions from reporters when he leaves. They will be disappointed as they won’t get to ask him to denounce white supremacy again. Lol
Saw a video of Trump walking up the stairs of the WH. He took off the mask and seemed to be breathing a bit.

Some media ghoul on Twitter was trying to parallel Trump with Herman Cain and seemed to hope that Trump would have a similar fate. IIRC there are significant differences between the two. Cain was in the hospital and on oxygen for almost a month before he passed. I believe he also had pneumonia.

I do still worry a bit about the POTUS. He’s definitely trying to look tough and project a fearless image. Hope there’s no relapse in symptoms or serious issues.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
First, this is a banquet at General Conference, not a church service. Second, what's wrong with a company sponsoring a banquet?

Growing up, the church school I attended had sponsors for both the school yearbook and the graduation banquet.

Good grief.
The companies are sponsoring the banquet for a reason. They are buying influence. That’s why Consumers Report doesn’t allow advertising. It is an ethical thing. It’s like Oscar Mayer sponsoring a study on the health benefits of hot dogs.

Should we look to Consumer Reports to learn something about ethics? Has it come to that?

Good grief!
Old 10-06-2020, 03:28 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Saw a video of Trump walking up the stairs of the WH. He took off the mask and seemed to be breathing a bit.

Some media ghoul on Twitter was trying to parallel Trump with Herman Cain and seemed to hope that Trump would have a similar fate. IIRC there are significant differences between the two. Cain was in the hospital and on oxygen for almost a month before he passed. I believe he also had pneumonia.

I do still worry a bit about the POTUS. He’s definitely trying to look tough and project a fearless image. Hope there’s no relapse in symptoms or serious issues.
He’ll be fine. He has access to 24/7 world class medical supervision and experimental drug therapy neither Herman Cain nor the average American has access to. You can’t compare the president’s treatment to the average person. He’ll be fine.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
He’ll be fine. He has access to 24/7 world class medical supervision and experimental drug therapy neither Herman Cain nor the average American has access to. You can’t compare the president’s treatment to the average person. He’ll be fine.
Herman Cain's past and current health before his death can't be compared to President Trump. Hermain Cain also had plenty of money to take care of his health issues. Trump doesn't have underlying conditions.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Peanut brittle sales
I was going to guess Sheaves for Christ.