Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-25-2020, 10:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Merry Christmas to one and all !!

1 Corinthians 10:18-22 KJV (18) Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? (19) What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? (20) But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. (21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
The apostle declared that participating in religious customs puts you in fellowship with the GOD SERVED BY THOSE RITES. The heathen customs are DEMONIC. Participation in heathen religious customs puts you in fellowship with DEMONS. Christians CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You cannot partake both of the Lord's table, and the table of demons. to put it simply, if you partake of the table of demons, you are cut off from the Lord's table. You cut off your fellowship with Christ.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV (14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? (16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
To be received by God as His child you MUST break off connection with the rites, ceremonies, customs, and practices of demon worship. You must have the attitude that doesn't even want to TOUCH that which God abhors as unclean and filthy. You CANNOT BE SAVED while continuing to maintain fellowship with demons, darkness, and idolatry.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-25-2020, 10:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Don't forget Wednesday, January 6.
Christmas Eve in the Orthodox churches?

Old 12-26-2020, 01:01 AM
Go Dodgers!

Happy Birth of Messiah day!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Happy Birth of Messiah day!
Lol!
Old 12-26-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Christmas is an ancient holy day of the Baal religion. It is part of Sun worship, the worship of the Sun god. (Yes, that's why you go to church every single SUN day, the Dies Soli, the Day of the Sun, which was also a major holy day in ancient Canaan in honour of Baal.)
I was going to being this up. When I first got into church I read a book from Elder Burr, and he was big into Christmas. I’m not just talking about having family and friends over, I’m talking about trees, garland, mistletoe, wreaths etc.. basically just short of Santa Clause. Anyway, He wrote about the HYPOCRISY from his dear friends on the right that told him he is involving himself in pagan traditions by his celebration of the Christmas holiday. And being the man that he was, he wrote them back, if he was a pagan because of his Christmas celebration, then they are as well, for there participation of SUN god worship. Because they and 95% of church’s hold their church services on SUNday, which goes back to pagan worship of the SUN god. He rebuked his friends and mocked them, offering a new name for them to use, come join us for SUN day God School!

He went on: When can we have service that will not be MIXED with paganism;
Monday- Nope thats the moon gods day
Tuesday- Sorry! Mars the fearsome god of war claims it
Wednesday- Again sorry, That day belongs to woden.
Thursday- You superhero fans will love this. This has been dedicated to Thor
Friday- This is “Frig’s-Day” she is a pagan goddess
Saturday- the Sabbatarians arent going to like this either, this is saturns day.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
It is expressly forbidden to worship God using pagan rites and customs!
As your in SUNday god school tomorrow you really need to make sure who you are worshipping?

I knew a man, wouldn’t celebrate any holiday, and he was real about it, it wasnt just Christmas. It was birthdays (oh yes!!! Say goodbye) Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter, you get the point. Yet, after a while he stopped going to church, why? All the church’s he knew where wrong and he couldn’t mixed himself with those “pagans”. So, to this day, its just him and his wife, his daughter and her husband have service in their home. They think there better than any fellowship they could be having with other believers. I call that PRIDE!

It’s pride and hypocrisy to say those that celebrate any holiday are wrong and endangering themselves to the flames of the pit, yet they’ll hoot and holler how they’re not afraid to take up arms and defend there land! They cringe at the thought of Christmas, yet they without hesitation state I will shoot another human being or in support of taking up arms against the government..... you’re going to tell me thats perfectly fine.

Where do we draw the line?
Birthdays, wasnt celebrated by the early church. This practice goes back to the Egyptians. Greeks took it from there and then it fell in to the lap of romans which made it the way we understand it. Go study it out.

How far to the right can one go without going overboard?

How far to the left can one go without going overboard?

I was brought up in the church, there is a ditch on both side of the road. Stay down the center.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 12-26-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
But that isn't what is happening here. Right?
That is what you are claiming.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV (14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? (16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
To be received by God as His child you MUST break off connection with the rites, ceremonies, customs, and practices of demon worship. You must have the attitude that doesn't even want to TOUCH that which God abhors as unclean and filthy. You CANNOT BE SAVED while continuing to maintain fellowship with demons, darkness, and idolatry.
But you have not even substantiated that meditating on the birth of Christ on December 25 constitutes "touching an unclean thing."
Old 12-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Here are the facts:

Christmas is wholly a pagan holy day in celebration of Saturn. Saturn was a Roman personification of Baal, the ancient Canaanite fertility god, who was also the god of the Sun. Mithra (known in Rome as Sol Invictus, the Invincible Sun) is the Persian version of Baal. The Winter Solstice was the time of the "birth of the Sun God", celebrated anywhere from around December 20-January 5 or thereabouts. Eventually, December 25th was settled on. The holy day was simply part of a week or so long festive season (hence the whole "twelve days of Christmas").

Christmas is an ancient holy day of the Baal religion. It is part of Sun worship, the worship of the Sun god. (Yes, that's why you go to church every single SUN day, the Dies Soli, the Day of the Sun, which was also a major holy day in ancient Canaan in honour of Baal.)

"But, we practice the rites of Baal, Mithra, and Saturn in honour of Jesus! It's all about Jesus!"

But what does the BIBLE say?

Deuteronomy 12:30-32 KJV (30) Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. (31) Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. (32) What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

It is expressly forbidden to worship God using pagan rites and customs!

Funny how Rome banned Pagan practices and made Christianity the only religion. That is a mighty strange thing for a country to do if it was promoting paganism. The birth of Christ is a Biblical event. It brought hope of salvation. Many feel that event took place in December. Thus, we celebrate it then. Who gives a rat's rear-end what pagans do in December? I am sure pagan holidays occurred around the time Christ was resurrected as well. But do you hear any Apostolics saying we should downplay Christ's resurrection because of a possible association with paganism? Wait...err.. huh? No way! It can't be!! There ARE Apostolics who do exactly that!! Pathetic!! I noticed in the UPC there was scant mention of the resurrection on "Easter" Sunday. What a weak, pathetic salvation some people have.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
But you have not even substantiated that meditating on the birth of Christ on December 25 constitutes "touching an unclean thing."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Funny how Rome banned Pagan practices and made Christianity the only religion. That is a mighty strange thing for a country to do if it was promoting paganism. The birth of Christ is a Biblical event. It brought hope of salvation. Many feel that event took place in December. Thus, we celebrate it then. Who gives a rat's rear-end what pagans do in December? I am sure pagan holidays occurred around the time Christ was resurrected as well. But do you hear any Apostolics saying we should downplay Christ's resurrection because of a possible association with paganism? Wait...err.. huh? No way! It can't be!! There ARE Apostolics who do exactly that!! Pathetic!! I noticed in the UPC there was scant mention of the resurrection on "Easter" Sunday. What a weak, pathetic salvation some people have.

I am not agreeing the way Esaias puts it and how it relates things with the Sabbath keeping, but I agree he is right in some parts.

The Israelites could celebrate the deliverance from Egypt every day of their life, and probably should, in remembrance. However, there was one single day that they had to do something special about it. That's called a feast. And because the feast was related to the covenant between the Lord and them, it is called a covenant feast.

Covenant feasts are act of worship to the Lord, and they have to be acceptable to him. The Lord picked the day, not them. The Lord commanded them to do it, they didn't innovate picking a day. Do you remember the sin of Jeroboam? Or do you remember the strange fire sin of the son of Aaron? You don't innovate with these things. You don't add or remove from it.

The Bible also talks about feast not directly related to the covenant of God, for example, the feast of Purim. Those are feasts of national (or community) significance. Thanksgiving feasts. They are not covenant feasts. Those are your initiative. Nothing wrong with celebrating them. You can include here things like thanksgiving day, anniversaries, etc...

What is Christmas? As the Israelites with the deliverance from Egypt, you could mediate on the coming of the Lord in flesh every day of your life, but in one day you are making it something special. That's called a feast. Since the topic is in relation with the covenant of the Lord with us, the feast pretends to be a covenant feast. This is the problem: it is an innovation, it is the sin of Jeroboam, a strange fire. It is not an acceptable worship to the Lord.

Not only that, but people decorate their houses in the name of the Christmas unto the Lord. The decoration is also an act of worship. Funny thing is that it is exactly what pagans do with their gods: Jeremiah 10:3-4 (NKJV) 3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. 4 They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple.
As Deut says, don't do to your God what they do with their gods. Picking the day to feast is not only wrong worship, but also the decorating is wrong worship.

You worship God in Spirit and Truth, and by presenting your body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. You ought to decorate your soul with good works, not your house unto the Lord. We make our house nice and we decorate it to make ourselves comfortable, and make guests welcome and comfortable as well. We do it for ourselves as humans that we are, with moderation, but we shouldn't do it as an act of worship to God, to celebrate an invented covenant feast.

Last edited by coksiw; 12-26-2020 at 10:36 AM.