Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2021, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

My singing ministry. . .

As a singer I sing at many funerals & I was recently asked by a funeral director to sing at a graveside service for a homeless man.

He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a Pauper's Cemetery out near Lindale. As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost. Everyone that knows me knows I can be directionally challenged AND my navigation lost its signal.

I hate Sprint!!

Anyway, I finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the guys for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to sing. The workers put down their lunch and began to gather around. I sang my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends.

As I sang “Amazing Grace”, the spirit began to move and the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I prayed a benediction and started for my car, my head hung low but my heart so FULL.

As I opened the door to my car, I overheard one of the workers say, “I’ve never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently, I was still lost 🙄….

I just ran across this and thought I would pass it on.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: My singing ministry. . .

What an amazing experience
Old 05-14-2021, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

Septic Lives Matter.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
As a singer I sing at many funerals & I was recently asked by a funeral director to sing at a graveside service for a homeless man.

He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a Pauper's Cemetery out near Lindale. As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost. Everyone that knows me knows I can be directionally challenged AND my navigation lost its signal.

I hate Sprint!!

Anyway, I finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the guys for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to sing. The workers put down their lunch and began to gather around. I sang my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends.

As I sang “Amazing Grace”, the spirit began to move and the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I prayed a benediction and started for my car, my head hung low but my heart so FULL.

As I opened the door to my car, I overheard one of the workers say, “I’ve never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

That's Hilarious!!
Old 05-16-2021, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

I hate Sprint!!

Lol
Old 05-18-2021, 11:30 PM
On the road less traveled

That was a good chuckle!
Old 05-23-2021, 06:56 AM
Administrator

I saw that one a few years ago and had a good laugh as I did again reading it now. I actually have a true funeral story as good or better that happened first hand to a relative of mine who was a UPC pastor about a funeral he preached. When I get time i will share it.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-23-2021, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I saw that one a few years ago and had a good laugh as I did again reading it now. I actually have a true funeral story as good or better that happened first hand to a relative of mine who was a UPC pastor about a funeral he preached. When I get time i will share it.
I’d love to hear it!
Old 05-26-2021, 11:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tithesmeister View Post
as a singer i sing at many funerals & i was recently asked by a funeral director to sing at a graveside service for a homeless man.

He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery out near lindale. As i was not familiar with the area, i got lost. Everyone that knows me knows i can be directionally challenged and my navigation lost its signal.

I hate sprint!!

Anyway, i finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the guys for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so i started to sing. The workers put down their lunch and began to gather around. I sang my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends.

As i sang “amazing grace”, the spirit began to move and the workers began to weep. They wept, i wept, we all wept together. When i finished, i prayed a benediction and started for my car, my head hung low but my heart so full.

As i opened the door to my car, i overheard one of the workers say, “i’ve never seen nothin’ like that before and i’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

apparently, i was still lost 🙄….

I just ran across this and thought i would pass it on.
hahahaha

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
What an amazing experience
It took me a while but now I get it.

Bahahaahahaha

I wonder if it is a real story. If it were true, that would put it to the next level.