Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: May Lose Kids-Not Kidding!

I'll pray Ron.

I sure don't have any grandiose feelings for government social workers.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

I'll pray, Ron.

Let me assure you that, at least in America, in MOST places the children's services folks do almost anything they can to leave children with their biological parents. And even when they've done all they can do to keep a family together and they get to the end of their rope and ask a judge for permission to put the kids in foster care, then they have a whole other battle to fight because judges are even MORE reluctant to remove kids.

My guess is that you might get a very stern talking to. But unless they see obvious signs of physical abuse or unless they've investigated more than one little time for "neglect" (which is what they can call it for leaving an 11 year old in charge), I will be shocked if they actually remove your kids from you.

Plus we know a God who loves the little children!! And I KNOW FOR SURE that He'd rather have them with you than with anyone.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 AM
La vie est un voyage

Ron, you have my sympathy and of course the prayers of my wife and I. I personally have no use for the CPA here in Ca. and I'm guessing they are the same most places. Leaving the kids to run to the store isn't like going to work and leaving them for hours or going off partying. I feel that everything is going to turn out alright. Just hang in there our God is bigger than the CPA.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Oooh boy!
Some of you may know about my thread titled "Police At My House!"
Well there was a knock on the door tonight & there was a Police Officer with a Social Worker at the door!!
Seems the Sargent who came to the door today when the 911 call came in felt that the kids were being put at risk & that the oldest didn't know what to do!
I said that Kristin my oldest was nervous.

Anyways to make a long story short, the kids will be visited by a Social Worker soon to check out if things are safe.

A man of God came last Sunday & called out my family & while he said God's hand was on my life, he prayed that I wouldn't lose my soul over going through the things I did/was/going to go through without being specific!

Prayers are definitely needed!

Ron
Oh, good grief. I will be praying for you, Ron. Hopefully nothing will happen here. I had a friend who was visited by the social worker because her kids liked to play in the doghouse and the neighbors called the police!!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Not riding the train

Praying, Ron!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the prayers & the kind words!
I don't know down in the States but up in Canada where I live kids can take a babysitter course at 11 years old.

http://www.sja.ca/BCYukon/Documents/...12-08_72_E.pdf

The police officer who came had no issues about it.
The reason she & the social worker came was the first attending officer who is a Sargent came & in her report said that "she felt the kids were being neglected!

Nice huh?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Thanks for the prayers & the kind words!
I don't know down in the States but up in Canada where I live kids can take a babysitter course at 11 years old.

http://www.sja.ca/BCYukon/Documents/...12-08_72_E.pdf

The police officer who came had no issues about it.
The reason she & the social worker came was the first attending officer who is a Sargent came & in her report said that "she felt the kids were being neglected!

Nice huh?
Ron, I am praying for your situation.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Mr. Stewart

Brother, sorry to hear this. I will be praying.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Oh, good grief. I will be praying for you, Ron. Hopefully nothing will happen here. I had a friend who was visited by the social worker because her kids liked to play in the doghouse and the neighbors called the police!!
I wonder if my wife might get in trouble, I'm always in the dog house.

Ron, I still think you have nothing to fret about. We did have special prayer for you this morning.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Praying for y'all, Ron.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV