Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-27-2020, 07:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Merry Christmas to one and all !!

OK, I finished the Jesus Tree/Easter/Covid/Rapture/King Baby message.

UPCI has achieved what she sought out to be.

I shudder to think where she will be in another 20 years.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:20 PM
New User

Was it that bad?
Old 12-27-2020, 07:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Was it that bad?
For me it was per usual. A generic message to make everyone feel sentimental and depressed. He pulls out the eschatology smelling salts when he wanted the congregation to snap back to life. But, this is all just my opinion based on my own perception. Watch the whole video (all 35:19) make your own assessment.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:40 PM
New User

No. Sounds like a waste of my time.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
No. Sounds like a waste of my time.
All I can say is that you are way smarter than I.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:08 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I asked how many years to get more clarification that I'm not talking to someone who had been in church for a year. Therefore within the time of being in church you haven't had a gunman in your church gathering. I was in an open to the public church building for years before going house church. Both buildings accessible to people walking off the street in a major city. In all that time no gunman, no shootings. Within the neighborhoods there were murders and shootings. Yet, no need to lock doors, and no need to have everyone at the ready to shoot the assailant in the head. To have blood and brain matter all over the place. We had individuals drunk, on drugs, come in to disrupt services, but the Holy Ghost took care of all of it. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ would do the same if an issue ever arise again. Yet, we are in a house church with other house churches. So, anyone coming in to shoot the place up is reduced. So, I suggest that instead of having to keep your mind on the loaded weapon in the pew on weiher or not someone will get shot. Have a house church where the odds of you all getting riddled with bullets is reduced vastly.
I was born and raised in the church. In all the churches I've attended through the decades, we've never felt the need to lock our doors when we're there, either. That said, preparedness doesn't mean we don't trust in God. We know that God can provide us the food and water we need to survive, yet we still prepare by stockpiling in case of an emergency. If a car cuts us off, we know that God can protect us from a crash, yet we still slam on our brakes.

Carrying a firearm is no different, merely utilizing a different tool. Jesus even told his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords. Firearms are simply the modern day swords. We even know that Peter carried a sword, because he used it to cut an ear off when they came to take Jesus. There was no mention of Jesus telling him not to carry a sword, He only rebuked him because He knew that what was taking place must happen. If you believe that the Scriptures teaches us not to carry a weapon, then please feel free to prove me wrong. Until then, I'll continue being prepared.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I was born and raised in the church. In all the churches I've attended through the decades, we've never felt the need to lock our doors when we're there, either. That said, preparedness doesn't mean we don't trust in God. We know that God can provide us the food and water we need to survive, yet we still prepare by stockpiling in case of an emergency. If a car cuts us off, we know that God can protect us from a crash, yet we still slam on our brakes.

Carrying a firearm is no different, merely utilizing a different tool. Jesus even told his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords. Firearms are simply the modern day swords. We even know that Peter carried a sword, because he used it to cut an ear off when they came to take Jesus. There was no mention of Jesus telling him not to carry a sword, He only rebuked him because He knew that what was taking place must happen. If you believe that the Scriptures teaches us not to carry a weapon, then please feel free to prove me wrong. Until then, I'll continue being prepared.
The go to scripture everyone employees to to prove Jesus and His followers were ready bust some heads. Is Luke 22:36–37, yet in Matthew 26:52 when a disciple uses the sword to go upside a temple guard's head. Jesus quickly not only rebukes disciple, but lays out a doctrine that if you count on the sword as protection you in turn will be killed by the very same tool. But in Luke 22:36-37 Jesus is speaking in reference to a prophecy in Isaiah 53:12 concerning "transgressors" ἀνόμων. What does transgressors have to do with selling your cloak and bag to buy weapons? How does selling the items which were provided by God, Matthew 10:10, Luke 22:35 to be sold to buy swords? Isaiah 53 is marking the end of the Jesus' ministry with His disciples. Jesus was telling them that not only His persecution was at hand, but there tribulations were soon to follow. Jesus being numbered among the lawless were those who depended on their own strength alone to liberate Israel. The Zealots had no problem with using violence against the Roman occupation. Yet, if we are to believe that Jesus was arming His group, then what He says in Luke 22:38, makes zero sense. Here are two swords! To only have Jesus follow it up with "that is enough!" Was Jesus telling 12 men that two swords were sufficient? Or is it that Jesus was not happy with their interpretation of His instructions? As the disciples were constantly getting Jesus' meanings wrong John 4:32, Luke 18:34.

Yet, we understand "that is enough!" When we see what Matthew had to say about the sword play. Matthew 26:52 “Put away your sword,” Jesus told him. “Those who use the sword will die by the sword." We can see how Jesus felt about His men carrying and using swords. John records Jesus telling Peter to place his sword back into its sheath. Simply because what Peter was doing was obstructing what God had placed in motion. If we had just this scripture as a stand alone, then we would see no prohibition of weapons for self defense. Yet, the verse in Matthew backs up the "that is enough!" with "he who depends on the sword, will die by the sword" So, locking your doors of your church, while kneeling in the pews shaking like puppies passing peach pits. All while clutching your weapons. Isn't what Jesus had in mind. In Jeremiah 5:14 it says the word was like fire and the people wood. Jeremiah 23:29 God's word is a flamethrower designed to make men repent. Hosea 6:5 I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces— to slaughter you with my words, with judgments as inescapable as light. I'll go with that. Book, chapter, and verse is our defense, not Smith and Wesson. John the Baptist didn't resist evil. Matthew 5:39 tells us to not resist the evil person, that if we are struck on the right side of the jaw, offer up the left.

But in a time where you have so much on your plate that you have to post an arm guard at the assembly of Christ's people? Or lock and bolt the door of your tabernacle? Then its time to go to assemble at a house church, where the issues of being attacked are reduced. I have seen full blown insane altercations out at my street Bible studies. In all the close situations, I have never had to pull a weapon. All the street preachers around Broward County have pretty strong things to say. I have seen people get in their face, and they stood their ground. So when the media started scaring the Holy Ghost out of the Pentecostals to have them speak in tongues behind locked doors. To have MeeMaw hold a shotgun on the visitors. We who have been out in the street for years thought that was odd. We don't have locked doors, and there is way too many gang members and homeless to gun down. Bullets cost money. No, Jesus has our back, and if I die while preaching the Gospel then so be it. Others died before me with out gun in hand.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Quick note here. It always worked that way while you were growing up. If you never watched the media you wouldn't of ever known the boogie man was coming to get you. Also making sure your brakes work isn't the same as cowering behind locked doors and preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:00 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
But in a time where you have so much on your plate that you have to post an arm guard at the assembly of Christ's people? Or lock and bolt the door of your tabernacle? Then its time to go to assemble at a house church, where the issues of being attacked are reduced.
We don't "post an arm (sic) guard" or "lock and bolt the door". I explicitly told you that already. Some members are armed, which is not the same thing.

Quote:
I have seen full blown insane altercations out at my street Bible studies. In all the close situations, I have never had to pull a weapon.
I've never felt the the need to pull a weapon yet, either. It doesn't mean I shouldn't be prepared.

Quote:
All the street preachers around Broward County have pretty strong things to say. I have seen people get in their face, and they stood their ground.
Did they ever start shooting people? Getting in someone's face is not the same thing as people around you being shot.

Quote:
So when the media started scaring the Holy Ghost out of the Pentecostals to have them speak in tongues behind locked doors. To have MeeMaw hold a shotgun on the visitors. We who have been out in the street for years thought that was odd.
What a complete straw-man. That isn't even remotely close to what I was talking about. You're just talking out of your.....posterior.

Quote:
We don't have locked doors,
Neither do we.

Quote:
and there is way too many gang members and homeless to gun down.
Why would you need to gun anyone down?

Quote:
Bullets cost money.
That's your only reason for not shooting someone? How pathetic. Oh, were you attempting to be funny? It didn't work.

Quote:
No, Jesus has our back, and if I die while preaching the Gospel then so be it. Others died before me with out gun in hand.
Would you stand idly by while others are shot down in front of you? Are you that weak, as to not act to protect others?
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:00 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
We don't "post an arm (sic) guard" or "lock and bolt the door". I explicitly told you that already. Some members are armed, which is not the same thing.
Sorry, thank you for spell checking me. So everyone in your church is locked and loaded? I hope no one ever shoots a visitor who looks suspicious. While he is reaching in his jacket for his wallet to give an offering.

Quote:
I've never felt the the need to pull a weapon yet, either. It doesn't mean I shouldn't be prepared.
You just told me that you grew up in church. You went on to say that no one has ever been shot in any of the churches you have been in. So, this would indicate that your paranoia and fear is unfounded.

Quote:
Did they ever start shooting people? Getting in someone's face is not the same thing as people around you being shot.
Down here you can get shot, stabbed, or your jaw broken.

Quote:

What a complete straw-man. That isn't even remotely close to what I was talking about. You're just talking out of your.....posterior.
You know, I'm sorry. I should of left that up to a professional like you. Who is well versed in talking out of his backside frequently. The mistake is all mine. Please forgive. I just hope you don't clear your throat around anyone near you.

Quote:
Neither do we.
Then in your logic you aren't preparing. If we who are living for Jesus Christ in this country are now being hunted in our own churches. Then you and your folks should lock your doors. Or at least have metal detectors.

Quote:
Why would you need to gun anyone down?
By your logic just in case they start shooting up the place?

Quote:
That's your only reason for not shooting someone? How pathetic. Oh, were you attempting to be funny? It didn't work.
It worked for everyone here. Maybe you aren't a funny guy. Maybe you are a real drag. Maybe you are one of those serious types always ready to spring into action? At the ready to go for your KG-99 when someone starts shouting their hair down in the back row? Or do they do that in your church services? I mean, shout, not shoot.

Quote:
Would you stand idly by while others are shot down in front of you? Are you that weak, as to not act to protect others?
Red herring. But, you are the weak one. I made it this long without having to use violence (and I have been in some interesting situations) I trust Jesus will keep me, my family, church family, and friends, from harm. In the garden of Gethsemane? You would of cut the soldier's head off.

But it's like this, no one in your church congregation is prepared if someone[s] opens fire. Your people aren't trained, even if they are military, or law enforcement. You have a congregation filled with a mix group, women, children, visitors. God forbid something went down. I think most of the people who believe they are being prepared by being "armed" with loaded weapons in the church. thinking they will just shoot the assailants, isn't that simple. It's like public schools arming teachers to ward off would be school shooters. While everyone thinks arming the congregants with guns is a solution in theory. It might not end well in real time. the truth is (I'm not trying to be funny) you guys might end up shooting everyone but the shooter. In your confusion and panic.

But as you have stated no one as long as you been in church has ever been shot. So this discussion is a big what if. So, you and I will pray in Jesus name that no one in our churches will ever been shot.