Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-27-2021, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Trying to Get My Mother in Church

If any of you have followed my posts here for any significant amount of time, you'll know that my parents separated just a couple of weeks before I turned 12. Through a series of circumstances, I eventually moved away from my mother and moved in with my father in 2015. Since I've been in church, I've been praying that my mother would get herself right with God.

For a couple of years, my mother went to a backslidden Apostolic church where such essentials as Oneness and Jesus' name baptism are not seen as necessities, but yet "bonuses" to the salvation experience. It is a tossup whether or not this church believes that the baptism with the Holy Ghost is evidenced by speaking with other tongues, and they've erased almost all preaching on any form of inner or outer holiness.

I've been praying for my mother and stepfather, and that they'd want to get themselves right with God. Last Sunday, my mother called me before church, and she asked me where she needed to go to church at. I directed her towards a Bible-believing Apostolic church about 25 minutes from where she lives. I went there with her yesterday as a way to "ease" her into the congregation. I know some people at said church and I wanted to introduce her to those that I knew. It was a good service, my mother got touched, and the women of the church prayed with her.

I'm asking that everyone help me pray for my mother and stepfather and their salvation.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:03 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Trying to Get My Mother in Church

Praying with you!
Old 09-28-2021, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Praying and believing with you!
Old 09-28-2021, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

I appreciate the prayers!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

I figured you all wouldn't mind a little update.

My mother and stepfather went to church by themselves this past Sunday. They enjoyed it.