Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-21-2018, 09:59 PM
Banned

Re: Moving To NC

But iF YOU DID consult and pray with someone who has spiritual authority in your life, then when things get tough, that will be one less dart that satan can use to zap your strength.

I knew a man who knew for certain that it was time for him to leave his area. He prayed about it. God told him it was about to happen but the guy failed to make himself subjected to the spiritual leadership in his life-- which ultimately reflected his lack of trust in the God who had led him through his wilderness and seemingly to his promised land.

He told his Pastor he was leaving. The Pastor tilted his head to the side a little bit aND shook his head. He asked the man when was he leaving and the man said this is my last week. The Pastor look dumbfounded into the eyes of a man whom he had prayed for and cared for and told him, "Alright brother. We'll pray for you. Keep us posted."

Now I happen to truly believe God gave that man that job. I believe he disregarded God's Way of conduct for the Christian. God let the man go, but what should have been a tremendous blessing to him led him into many, many situations of stress, grief, and general unhappiness.

The crazy thing is that the Pastor would never have stood in the way of his upward mobility-- UNLESS HE HAD A CLEAR WORD FROM GOD and only then would he have advised the man against leaving.

I am not saying that you are being self-willed. I am just trying to warn you against it.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Is there a Scriptural example of a Christian needing or even being counselled to seek the "spiritual guidance" of another man on the question "should I take this business opportunity, over in this other land, city, or across the street"?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Banned

What is the role of a Pastor? What is the purpose of mentors? Is there anyone that we should subject ourselves to-- naturally or spiritually? Is there a wrong way to do the right thing?
Old 07-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is there a Scriptural example of a Christian needing or even being counselled to seek the "spiritual guidance" of another man on the question "should I take this business opportunity, over in this other land, city, or across the street"?
The concept is implied and thus, scriptural.

My mind is open to correction though. Situations like what this brother is going through are really tough.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post

My mind is open to correction though. Situations like what this brother is going through are really tough.

If you woke up with your house on fire would you call your pastor to ask permission to leave or would you gather your family and get them to safety?

When I took a wife, the vow was between us...not the pastor.

I am the head of my family and CHRIST is my head.

This concept is clearly and directly laid out in scripture by the Apostle Paul.

I do what I need to do when I need to do it.

If I have unanswered questions or things that I am seeking direction on I of course counsel as needed.

Just because you're just finding out about a decision doesn't mean it was made irresponsiblly or overly hastily.

Now of course you can take that as you will as is your right and can poopoo the decision because you feel that I don't have proper "clearance to launch" but honestly...I don't care.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The concept is NOT implied.

Tough situation? The guy is moving, not converting to Islam.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

It's curious that some people will accept the idea that trouble and trials and poverty are the will of God quicker than the possibility of getting to a better situation....

Maybe it's because that if the troubles, trials and poverty WASNT the will of God and was acknowledged as such...they may feel some conviction to help people out of that situation....but they are rreeeeeal quick to throw a lock on the door to keep someone from getting out...

Some of y'all need to stop living in fear of always being just about to "step out" of God's will when it comes to survival and common sense decisions.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:01 AM
Believe. Obey. Declare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
You shouldn’t drink and post.
This made me laugh harder than I should have. Lol

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
But iF YOU DID consult and pray with someone who has spiritual authority in your life, then when things get tough, that will be one less dart that satan can use to zap your strength...

I am not saying that you are being self-willed. I am just trying to warn you against it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
If you woke up with your house on fire would you call your pastor to ask permission to leave or would you gather your family and get them to safety?

When I took a wife, the vow was between us...not the pastor.

I am the head of my family and CHRIST is my head.

This concept is clearly and directly laid out in scripture by the Apostle Paul.

I do what I need to do when I need to do it.

If I have unanswered questions or things that I am seeking direction on I of course counsel as needed.

Just because you're just finding out about a decision doesn't mean it was made irresponsiblly or overly hastily.

Now of course you can take that as you will as is your right and can poopoo the decision because you feel that I don't have proper "clearance to launch" but honestly...I don't care.

So defensive...

Do you trust God?
Did God give you a Pastor?
Why not trust God to speak to your Pastor words of ADVICE-- or even something more concrete if He has a word from God?

Are you afraid that you will find that your idea is not exactly God's idea for you at this moment?

Do you trust God?
Do you trust His Way?

Do you even believe in having a Pastor?
Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM
of 9!! :)

JediWill, I pray all goes well for you and your family in your new location!