Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-22-2021, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Re: Cross dressers in church

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
So, it is a real situation. The man is referring to himself as sister. That is odd. I find that most “Christians” don’t often refer to one another as brother or sister outside of apostolic and Pentecostal circles.

Does he have an apostolic or Pentecostal background?
Plenty different religions refer to each other as brother and sister.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Very good insights and ideas from all. I contacted the pastor, and he got a bit testy with me for suggesting he wasn't doing anything. I told him I did claim he wasn't doing anything about it, but was wanting to know what is being done about it. I told him our priority one is to the members, and we need a resolution as to the best and even the legal rights we have. I told him it is unacceptable that we have this man, and this man identifies himself as "Sis." and he is running around hugging our women, and is totally unacceptable.

Come to find out, another minister in our church contact the pastor and he too expressed deep concern for the well being of the members, and that people are beginning to wonder what is being done.

I understand here in Calif we may have more restrictions that other places legally, but this is no doubt what we must be prepared for in the future.
Brother, I would wager that you and the other church minister aren't the only ones to contact the pastor. It's like this, no need to alert the pastor. I guess you all been with him for a while, and therefore have some trust in him? If you all trust him in the little things, then trust him in the greater. Me personally, would of grabbed up my chickens and left the hen house. Especially when Brother Girlfriend is honey hugging everyone with sweet fellowship. The pastor is running the show, he already knows what is going on since jump street. He has a sign on the church saying First Church of Welcome One and All. Therefore everything from Dan to Beersheba is going to chassé through the front door. I live on the border of Wilton Manors Florida. Therefore I know first and foremost who you can have as a visitor, hence the reason I appreciate home church. Brother Votivesoul's post was excellent on the beauties of home church. I believe the whole box church thing had reached its zenith in the 80s. But for people who are doing store fronts, and free standing buildings, God love you and God bless you. The tidal wave of mess is going to get deeper. Brother Bowas, your pastor has quite the load on his shoulders. It would be my personal opinion to either prayerfully help him carry it, or exit stage right. You are the only human being here who can wisely and accurately assess the situation. Because you are there. We are not, and would only offer a plethora of what we would do.
Me myself can make people feel welcome or uncomfortably unwelcome. I don't suffer fools, I can't afford to do so. So, Brother Sisterhood, would of met me at the door and decided this was not a hen house to roost. But every minister has to deal with things the way they deal with things. Everyone is different, everyone deals with situation in how they understand their situation.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Do you know anyone that came from a lifestyle of Trans/Homosexuality that is now saved Acts 2:38?
Yes, in the past, but the most recent case was a girl dressing, walking, and acting like a boy coming to our church a midweek service, less than two months ago. Nobody was sure what gender she was. She had the neck and other female traits but acting so boyish. There was an evangelist visiting us that day. During the preaching, the girl got convicted and went to the back of the church on her knees and cried. Some lady saw that and brought her to the altar, at that point the preaching was over, altar call followed. She got baptized in Jesus’ name the following Sunday, and she received the Holy Spirit. Still coming to church and you see how she is already changing to be girly again.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:32 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Yes, in the past, but the most recent case was a girl dressing, walking, and acting like a boy coming to our church a midweek service, less than two months ago. Nobody was sure what gender she was. She had the neck and other female traits but acting so boyish. There was an evangelist visiting us that day. During the preaching, the girl got convicted and went to the back of the church on her knees and cried. Some lady saw that and brought her to the altar, at that point the preaching was over, altar call followed. She got baptized in Jesus’ name the following Sunday, and she received the Holy Spirit. Still coming to church and you see how she is already changing to be girly again.

Quite the testimony!
Old 07-22-2021, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I love reading those testimonies.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:43 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I love reading those testimonies.
Not to take away from the testimony, but we’re demons ever cast out?

Does that even happen anymore?

Seems to be a rush to dunks em like donuts before the coffee cools, or to “talk-in-tongues.” Yet, not MUCH emphasis on repentance.

Just an observation of 24 years in and around Pentecostal/apostolic churches.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Seems to be a rush to dunks em like donuts before the coffee cools, or to “talk-in-tongues.” Yet, not MUCH emphasis on repentance.

My brother, this is a VERY GOOD observation.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I asked that, because Ive never known or seen one converted before.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

I'm waiting for someone to ask where the Bible says specifically being Trans or LBGTQ is demonic possession.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

You been around Pentecost longer than I have, so you know better than myself that belief in the spiritual realm started to dwindle year's ago. Time is going to tell a lot.