Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-30-2021, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Re: Alex Jones, Info wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Luke 9:1 ….if you’re one of the 12.

(And we aren’t, or Covid would be petty)
Are you being serious?
Old 12-30-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Are you being serious?
We do not have the same authority over all diseases and sickness that His 12 apostles have when Jesus commissioned them in that verse(Luke 9:1), if you think you do, then I’ll give you my address and put you to work as soon as you get here. I’ve got a list ready.
“Signs following” believers means it does happen, but not EVERY time, it has to be Gods will. -
In that verse of Luke 9:1, they were given the authority to heal ALL diseases because at the time, it was God’s will for them to heal ALL the diseases, in order to prove that he was the prophesied Messiah.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 12-30-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:07 AM
Covenant Apostolic

What does this verse (John 14:12) mean?
Old 12-30-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
What does this verse (John 14:12) mean?
Respectfully, if it meant that you and I had the authority to heal ALL diseases, we would be healing ALL diseases.
I’m only saying, whatever it means, it does not mean that, or we would be doing that.

It has to be Gods will, for them to be healed.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 12-30-2021, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Respectfully, if it meant that you and I had the authority to heal ALL diseases, we would be healing ALL diseases.
I’m only saying, whatever it means, it does not mean that, or we would be doing that.

Amen.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:58 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:

That would be true under any circumstance, Including the disciples.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:00 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

COVID being petty, please explain what you mean? Don't go into all diseases, because you just said that already. I just want to understand what you said about COVID being a petty thing? Paul wasn't one of the 12, he was bit by a serpent and lived. I think the bigger problem is that the church today, doesn't believe in fat meat is greasy, and therefore Pentecostals are just a bunch of Baptists.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
That would be true under any circumstance, Including the disciples.
100% correct.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
COVID being petty, please explain what you mean? Don't go into all diseases, because you just said that already. I just want to understand what you said about COVID being a petty thing? Paul wasn't one of the 12, he was bit by a serpent and lived. I think the bigger problem is that the church today, doesn't believe in fat meat is greasy, and therefore Pentecostals are just a bunch of Baptists.

What I was meaning was, if we had power to heal all manner of diseases and sicknesses, Covid would be a minor(petty/small) thing, and people would not be dying of it. I agree with what you’re saying, and what you have said in the past, with regard to us eating right and taking care of our bodies. And I am not trying to be a wet blanket on what we call apostolic authority, I am however stating the fact that in Luke 91, Jesus gave his 12 authority to heal all diseases and sicknesses, and they did just that. And if we were able to do exactly that now, we would be doing it. I believe at that time it was God’s will for them to heal every disease and sickness, in order to prove that he was the Messiah.
I believe now it is that whatever we ask according to his will, he will do it,(including healing the sick etc.) and that’s why signs do follow, because sometimes they are healed, and sometimes they are not.…
but The point being that they do not follow every time we command a sickness to be healed, or we would be healing every one (like Luke 9:1) and there wouldn’t be any sick or diseased in my congregation, as well as many others.

Just being realistic, that sometimes people are healed, and sometimes people are not healed, when it comes to our authority over sicknesses. Be it Covid, cancer, congestive heart failure, Brain trauma from a car wreck, or whatever. (IE: my pastor’s wife would not be dying of congestive heart failure, and a friend of mine would not have sat through hundreds of preachings on tonight is your night to be healed, and went to his grave as a paraplegic)

Sometimes God heals, and sometimes he does not, whenever we pray over the sick etc.

To say that every time we try to heal the sick, that it happens, is not being honest with ourselves.
To say that every time we try to heal the sick, and it never happens, is not being honest with ourselves.

Signs follow, but not EVERY time, yet sometimes they do.

That is all I’m saying…

Whatsoever you ask according to my will…

Old 12-30-2021, 08:47 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
What I was meaning was, if we had power to heal all manner of diseases and sicknesses, Covid would be a minor(petty/small) thing, and people would not be dying of it. I agree with what you’re saying, and what you have said in the past, with regard to us eating right and taking care of our bodies. And I am not trying to be a wet blanket on what we call apostolic authority, I am however stating the fact that in Luke 91, Jesus gave his 12 authority to heal all diseases and sicknesses, and they did just that. And if we were able to do exactly that now, we would be doing it. I believe at that time it was God’s will for them to heal every disease and sickness, in order to prove that he was the Messiah.
I believe now it is that whatever we ask according to his will, he will do it,(including healing the sick etc.) and that’s why signs do follow, because sometimes they are healed, and sometimes they are not.…
but The point being that they do not follow every time we command a sickness to be healed, or we would be healing every one (like Luke 9:1) and there wouldn’t be any sick or diseased in my congregation, as well as many others.

Just being realistic, that sometimes people are healed, and sometimes people are not healed, when it comes to our authority over sicknesses. Be it Covid, cancer, congestive heart failure, Brain trauma from a car wreck, or whatever. (IE: my pastor’s wife would not be dying of congestive heart failure, and a friend of mine would not have sat through hundreds of preachings on tonight is your night to be healed, and went to his grave as a paraplegic)

Sometimes God heals, and sometimes he does not, whenever we pray over the sick etc.

To say that every time we try to heal the sick, that it happens, is not being honest with ourselves.
To say that every time we try to heal the sick, and it never happens, is not being honest with ourselves.

Signs follow, but not EVERY time, yet sometimes they do.

That is all I’m saying…

Whatsoever you ask according to my will…
My church family, myself, my children, my wife, my mother in law, never got COVID. prayed for a baby last night, child was terminally ill and they said the baby was going to have brain damage. We prayed and the baby was healed 100% perfect. I've seen healings too many times, and seen people bust a rusted nut trying to pray for one person and nothing happen. I've seen an eyeball miraculously appear in a eye socket of a man who previously had no eye. There are a lot of variables that usually accompany such miracles. But for the most part, I don't believe people have the faith that people had in ancient times. Churches have become like the prophets of Baal, where they are screaming, shouting, jumping, thumping, shaking heads like a shifter in a semi, while sweating like they're in a gym, and nothing happening.