Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 12-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
So he was lying when he said he couldn't breathe? Unfortunately we can't ask him, since he's dead.
He didn't die from asphyxia

There was no damage to his windpipe

He has asthma

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

I have not taken the time to read every post on this thread.

IMO this case and the Michael Brown case are entirely different. Even conservative radio pundits have questions on this one. I think the reason that the officers were not charged is because technically it was not the "choke hold" that caused the death, but was, as someone else pointed out, the asthma. However, it still seems strange how slow to react the officers were as the man lay there dying. Not having heard all the evidence that the grand jury did, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion. Therefore I cannot say that I am saddened by the verdict.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Prax, I read this from day 1. Garner was not breaking the law when this cop assaulted him, causing his death. Check it out. There was NO crime being committed by Garner. He was simply a bystander when a fight broke out and even helped to break it up. His prior record caused these cops to harass him. He wasn't being threatening or resisting anything.

In fact, had Garner not been killed, he likely would have sued the cops for a civil rights violation - and won. Those cops had no business trying to arrest him.

And the cop who killed him has a record of his own for violating civil rights and wrongful arrests.

This is NOT Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin. If you can't figure out the difference, sorry. This guy was by all reports minding his own business when the cops singled him out for his prior record.

And for what....non-taxed cigarettes?!

I take my civil rights seriously, and when this happens, yes, I get angry. But there are plenty of legal minds who believe the same as I do.

And yes, race does play a factor. NYC's stop and frisk policy, the police beating of the black immigrant. NYPD has a nasty history of racial abuse. I guarantee you, had Garner been white, he would still be alive
The government and media are not interested in northern racism. It's only noteworthy if it happens in the South.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
He didn't die from asphyxia

There was no damage to his windpipe

He has asthma
Oh good grief. It takes a special person to completely ignore the choke hold, kneeling on the back and shoving down on the neck and face, pushing it into the ground as causing the stress which led to the cardiac arrest and just claiming, eh it was just asthma.

There doesn't have to be damage to his windpipe for a person to be cut off from breathing; Nor does there have to be damage for stress to cause cardiac arrest.

He kept telling the thugs he couldn't breathe. Over and over and over and over. And what did they do?

Shoved his head into the concrete and put a knee into his back and lungs. Then they stood around and watched him die.

And this doesn't bother you? You defend this?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
IMO this case and the Michael Brown case are entirely different. Even conservative radio pundits have questions on this one.
Exactly. Michael Brown and Eric Garner are completely different cases. Garner wasn't charging or fighting the police. He was standing there when the thug made a sucker move and jumped on his back, choking him and causing the stress which led to the cardiac arrest.

Judge Napolitano said the officer committed "criminally negligent homicide." Many other conservatives have spoken out in disgust over this.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Oh good grief. It takes a special person to completely ignore the choke hold, kneeling on the back and shoving down on the neck and face, pushing it into the ground as causing the stress which led to the cardiac arrest and just claiming, eh it was just asthma.

There doesn't have to be damage to his windpipe for a person to be cut off from breathing; Nor does there have to be damage for stress to cause cardiac arrest.

He kept telling the thugs he couldn't breathe. Over and over and over and over. And what did they do?

Shoved his head into the concrete and put a knee into his back and lungs. Then they stood around and watched him die.

And this doesn't bother you? You defend this?
A man is resisting arrest and the police are supposed to release their hold on him when he says he can't breath?

Any video filming a "resist" incident is not going to be pretty.

Let's talk about the police officers who DAILY lay down their lives for their communities. People are getting way too aggressive.

A woman was complaining to me about how the police treat her son. I asked, "Has he ever struck a policeman."

"Yes, three of them."

Please give this boy special treatment.

I just finished sitting on the jury of a criminal trial. It lasted almost two weeks - all DAY long. Let me tell you that we took the evidence VERY seriously. When we were sequestered, we continually sent out requests to review evidence, 911 calls, interviews, etc. And it is totally different when you are sitting around a table with the law in your hands, weighing the evidence against it. It DOES NOT look the same as it would for someone sitting in the courtroom OR on the sidelines.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Exactly. Michael Brown and Eric Garner are completely different cases. Garner wasn't charging or fighting the police. He was standing there when the thug made a sucker move and jumped on his back, choking him and causing the stress which led to the cardiac arrest.

Judge Napolitano said the officer committed "criminally negligent homicide." Many other conservatives have spoken out in disgust over this.
Agreed. The man did nothing worthy of death. The State may not care much about their Officers one way or the other. But if they admit fault they will be sued for millions and they DO care about that.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I have not taken the time to read every post on this thread.

IMO this case and the Michael Brown case are entirely different. Even conservative radio pundits have questions on this one. I think the reason that the officers were not charged is because technically it was not the "choke hold" that caused the death, but was, as someone else pointed out, the asthma. However, it still seems strange how slow to react the officers were as the man lay there dying. Not having heard all the evidence that the grand jury did, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion. Therefore I cannot say that I am saddened by the verdict.
I questioned it at first...I was going by the video. But then I started using my brain, read up on the topic some, listened to everyone involved and I came to my conclusions

BTW if this cop was charged with something else like negligence, maybe the verdict would be different

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
You're still being emotional and not reading. I was the one that noted ALL those factors were said to contribute. However it was NOT a choke hold. He did not die from asphyxiation

So saying Im ignoring something that I am not just shows you are not thinking coherently.

What we don't see is HOW any of these contributed. A cop can run down a suspect and he could have a heart attack by being chased. Lots of things can trigger it

But it was NOT a choke hold. It was a head lock. He had one arm under the other guys arm

Stress is not murder. Ok? He was resisting arrest. That is what they do, when you resist, they take you down. That is their training. That is what the GJ probably concluded

Ive watched hundreds of police take downs on TV. They always wrestle then down, get them on their stomach and press their knees into the back

Old 12-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

WRONG. He was resisting arrest.

Watch the video again. Eric was combative and agitated and when they moved in to arrest him, he resisted.