Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-06-2021, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I received the Holy Ghost believing Jesus is the son of God. This was 6 weeks after I repented and committed my life to him. I had not been to a Church yet. I had never been in a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in my life.

As I recall I dont think I had ever heard the phrase "Jesus is God" yet I had an experience on 4-3-1974 with tongues and prophecy. Later as I began to read Christian books and attend various Churches I heard of the "Trinity".

It was 4 years down the road when I got baptized in Jesus name. I did it because I could see it in the book of Acts. It may have been another year before I actually got the revelation of Oneness.

In no way would I ever think what I got in 1974 was anything but the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I received the Holy Ghost believing Jesus was the Son of God , as well. AND I STILL believe Jesus is the Son of God.

Is anyone saying that they believe otherwise?
Old 04-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I received the Holy Ghost believing Jesus was the Son of God , as well. AND I STILL believe Jesus is the Son of God.

Is anyone saying that they believe otherwise?
And that is what was preached in Acts.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
EXTRA BIBLICAL GARBAGE??????

You may want to rephrase that.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I want to add this. Originalist, it’s not apples and oranges to compare people praying to Mary and those that pray to Jesus as the second deity of the trinity.

If you pray to Mary does she hear you?

If you pray to Jesus as a second god, does he hear you?

Matthew 7:21-23 KJVS
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Does a man/women have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ believing in the trinitarian doctrine?
Old 04-07-2021, 05:35 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I think you meet people where they are, find common ground and build from there. Jesus gives us the Holy Ghost to guide us into all truth. John 16:13

If you have the Holy Ghost, you have an intimate relationship with God.

Last edited by Amanah; 04-07-2021 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I want to add this. Originalist, it’s not apples and oranges to compare people praying to Mary and those that pray to Jesus as the second deity of the trinity.

If you pray to Mary does she hear you?

If you pray to Jesus as a second god, does he hear you?

Matthew 7:21-23 KJVS
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Does a man/women have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ believing in the trinitarian doctrine?
I do believe that a person can have an intimate relationship, with Christ believing the trinitarian doctrine. I have known many. What I find reviling it the different beliefs that are found of the oneness of God. I did not know how many there were until I got on AFF.

I mean can I be on the road to hell just because I may be wrong in the way I see oneness?
Old 04-07-2021, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I think you meet people where they are, find common ground and build from there. Jesus gives us the Holy Ghost to guide us into all truth. John 16:13

If you have the Holy Ghost, you have an intimate relationship with God.
Sis, I believe like you in that Jesus give us his spirit to guide us into all truth.

The spiritual law is revealed to us by his Spirit.

Ill use marriage as an example, physical example can bring spiritual meaning.

Just because a man and a women are married, doesn’t mean there intimate. And I’m not just talking about the undefiled bed, I’m speaking of the man and women talking to each other, knowing each other’s likes and dislikes, can look at each other and know what the other is thinking. There intimate with one another, That’s what I believe “knowing” Jesus is all about.

A person in church can speak in tongues yet, he doesn’t have an intimate relationship with Jesus.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
I do believe that a person can have an intimate relationship, with Christ believing the trinitarian doctrine. I have known many. What I find reviling it the different beliefs that are found of the oneness of God. I did not know how many there were until I got on AFF.

I mean can I be on the road to hell just because I may be wrong in the way I see oneness?
Quote:
What I find reviling it the different beliefs that are found of the oneness of God. I did not know how many there were until I got on AFF
Well, I can’t argue with that.

Quote:
I believe you have to believe in the truth that Jesus is God. Do you have to have a theological degree on the oneness to be saved? No, I don’t believe so. I do believe you will be lost if you believe in the trinity, that means three co-equal, co- eternal, co-existing gods, or the catholic trinity of three individual gods in one body.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
EXTRA BIBLICAL GARBAGE??????

You may want to rephrase that.

I said that based on your comment,

Quote:
Yet, what happens when a catholic believer says she received the Holy Ghost because she prayed to Mary the mother of Jesus and she believes Mary intervened (to her son Jesus) on her behalf? Does she have the Holy Ghost? Am I limiting God?
That is extra-biblical garbage. Trinitarians Pentecostals receive the Spirit focusing squarely on Christ and his blood.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

It baffles me how many preachers you come across today that have no preference whatsoever as to how they baptize their congregation. I know of a man who pastors a self-proclaimed non-denominational church and when one of the ladies that attended his church asked how he baptized, he basically told her that he would do it in the titles or Jesus Name depending on the congregate's request.

Like, what Bible study could that preacher give about baptism? He has no stance on either side of the fence. Would it be safe to assume he doesn't see baptism as necessary?

At least a lot of Trinitarians try to justify their view with Matthew 28:19.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.