Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
ultra con (at least here)

Pastor Steve Barley, Bill Price's Pastor

The following post is mine, however it is being composed with the knowledge and blessing of Pastor Barley.

With some of the recent postings made by William Michael Price, questions have been raised by a few as to the teachings, and beliefs of his most recent pastor, Steve Barley.

Personally, I have been privileged to spend some quality time with him. He is a gentleman, full of agape, and integrity, and he is Apostolic to the core. He has given his life to the preaching of Acts 2:38 being the only correct response to the gospel. He has been instrumental in the foundation of no less than 105 Apostolic churches, the vast majority of them in Central and South America while serving as a missionary for the UPCI. He currently is involved in several Apostolic organizations including ACN, AWCF, and MAJC, he even holds national positions within the latter two.

He has literally laid his life on the line for this glorious message, having once even been captured by terrorists in Guatemala and within hours of execution before he was rescued.

While not one to condemn others as lost who have a different understanding of the Godhead, he has never wavered from the traditional understanding of Oneness Pentecostals; that there is One God, manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, baptism is to be in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost is evidenced by speaking in tongues.

William has been removed from the site of Gloryland Church and indeed has subsequently tendered a letter of resignation of membership there. The details of this are really the sole concern of the principals involved.

However, I can state without equivocation that if or when William should choose to return he will be welcomed in love and without condemnation by Pastor Barley. Furthermore the same can be said of both Daniel Alicea and myself.

William knows the personal lines of communication are still open and but for the fact of a desire on my behalf to make sure that Pastor Steve Barley’s stance (which has been questioned in public) be made clear, I would have preferred to keep such things private.

Christ’s love to all.

James Griffin
Old 08-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Pastor Steve Barley, Bill Price's Pastor

Thank you !
Old 08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Thanks JG. Despite BP's assertions otherwise he has been treated fairly on the pages of AFF also. The hate is in his miind.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
delete account

Exclamation Re: Pastor Steve Barley, Bill Price's Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Thanks JG. Despite BP's assertions otherwise he has been treated fairly on the pages of AFF also. The hate is in his miind.
I do not agree with you CC1. Bill Price has been sliced apart and roasted here for page after page.

I praise God that Pastor Barley, whom I also know quite well, has a heart of forgiveness, and restoration for Bro. Price when he comes back home, which I am sure he will.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Thanks for posting this JG.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
The following post is mine, however it is being composed with the knowledge and blessing of Pastor Barley.

With some of the recent postings made by William Michael Price, questions have been raised by a few as to the teachings, and beliefs of his most recent pastor, Steve Barley.

Personally, I have been privileged to spend some quality time with him. He is a gentleman, full of agape, and integrity, and he is Apostolic to the core. He has given his life to the preaching of Acts 2:38 being the only correct response to the gospel. He has been instrumental in the foundation of no less than 105 Apostolic churches, the vast majority of them in Central and South America while serving as a missionary for the UPCI. He currently is involved in several Apostolic organizations including ACN, AWCF, and MAJC, he even holds national positions within the latter two.

He has literally laid his life on the line for this glorious message, having once even been captured by terrorists in Guatemala and within hours of execution before he was rescued.

While not one to condemn others as lost who have a different understanding of the Godhead, he has never wavered from the traditional understanding of Oneness Pentecostals; that there is One God, manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, baptism is to be in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost is evidenced by speaking in tongues.

William has been removed from the site of Gloryland Church and indeed has subsequently tendered a letter of resignation of membership there. The details of this are really the sole concern of the principals involved.

However, I can state without equivocation that if or when William should choose to return he will be welcomed in love and without condemnation by Pastor Barley. Furthermore the same can be said of both Daniel Alicea and myself.

William knows the personal lines of communication are still open and but for the fact of a desire on my behalf to make sure that Pastor Steve Barley’s stance (which has been questioned in public) be made clear, I would have preferred to keep such things private.

Christ’s love to all.

James Griffin
Ok, two questions -

1.) Is this the same Bill Price we're talking about here? Risking his life for the message?

2.) If so, then how can he deny it now?

Just curious. I had no idea BP was a missionary.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Ok, two questions -

1.) Is this the same Bill Price we're talking about here? Risking his life for the message?

Read it again, MP. The missionary is Steve Barley not Bill Price. And Steve Barley is now Bill Price's former pastor since Bill has left Oneness for Trinitarianism.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Ok, two questions -

Pastor Barley nOT Bill Price
Old 08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Ok, two questions -

Glasses... ahem
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Ok, two questions -

Michael... if you are referring to the above (in bold). I believe Bro. Griffin was referring to Bro. Barley being a former missionary, rather than Bro. Price, Try to follow along, Brother. We'll type slower if that'll help.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Closed Thread