Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Prominent Memphis Area Pastor Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachCA View Post
But you are Here reading everything and commenting so you are just as guilty as the rest. IF you Reading Gossip and spreading it is ONE IN THE SAME. You are now apart of GOSSIP so get over it.
Read their post again, they are asking posters to stop posting about the subject.

Big difference between reading a thread, joining the gossip, and complaining about the gossip that it should stop.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

LBC, I see you deleted your last post giving me an explanation?

Why?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
A form?

A form of what?
I meant to type A Form Of RELIGIOUS PROFILING
Old 05-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Answer this? Why did GOD BRING TB to this church in the FIRST PLACE after they just suffered this same thing with the 1st pastor? N.P.U. did this very thing and TB was voted in to clean up the mess. Boy this shows how much you really know about the situation just because you go there, you must not have been there before TB was voted in or you would know this much. This isn't TPC 1st RODEO with a PASTOR that has went astray and committed adultery ....... I love how people get on here and tell others what they should be saying and not saying, why are you here reading and responding if you don't believe the people in here are doing right by Talking about this subject?
I had a typo. why did god bring T.B. to a church where the same issue was happening with the pastor before him. that was my point. sorry for the TYPO.

Last edited by LongBeachCA; 05-08-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
LBC, I see you deleted your last post giving me an explanation?

Why?

Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I had a typo. why did god bring T.B. to a church where the same issue was happening with the pastor before him. that was my point. sorry for the TYPO.
So, what you are doing here, how does this help us?
Old 05-09-2016, 07:59 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I thought gossip was a sin?

Where in all this is an attempt by the spiritual to restore those that have fallen?

are we supposed to see geebuS in longbeach?
Old 05-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Ministerial failures are horrid not only personally but all that are affected by it. To keep hashing it only helps to keep the hurt alive. By the way I think immorality disqualifies a preacher from the ministry so I am not defending either of these men. I feel for that local church and families of those preachers whom they betrayed and scared them for the rest of their lives. Just a thought.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Been working all day---did I miss anything on AFF???

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Somebody pulling back up this old thread reminded me to go check out the Terry Black Ministries website to see what he is up to these days. Was surprised to see a new website with only his blog on it. Rather ironic that the name of his blog is "Steppin Out".

Looks like he is resuming an old blog he started years ago. The current post is dated 5/2/16 and is the part 2 of a subject and the previous post, part1, is dated 4/30/12. Only a little over four years between posts!

http://terryblackministries.com/index.html
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"