Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The Repeal of Net Neutrality:

Imagine Facebook and Twitter and Google censoring what you are allowed to see, do, or say...

Oh, wait...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-18-2017, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Imagine Facebook and Twitter and Google censoring what you are allowed to see, do, or say...

Oh, wait...
C'Mon, what have you had trouble finding?
Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Banned

I think you guys will miss the liberty of what you enjoy now.

Over 80% of the American public oppose this. And, when it comes to censorship, those with the most to be concerned about are those who oppose the brazen crony corporatism that has hijacked true capitalism. I assure you, you'll see far less access to those sources.

Last edited by Aquila; 12-18-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Over 80% of the American public still trust ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/FOX/MSNBC to be honest news sources without bias. That's all I need to know about the 80% who want to keep Obama's non-Net Neutrality garbage in place.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
Over 80% of the American public still trust ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/FOX/MSNBC to be honest news sources without bias. That's all I need to know about the 80% who want to keep Obama's non-Net Neutrality garbage in place.
Category fallacy. Nine in 10 Americans also believe there is a God.

All one has to do is look at other nations that don't have net neutrality. When you're paying more for less access that what you have now, you'll be singing a different tune.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

I believe in the magic of free market. If ISPs start to restrict and raise prices, there will always be someone who will find way to provide better value and access as long as the Government stays out of the way.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
I believe in the magic of free market. If ISPs start to restrict and raise prices, there will always be someone who will find way to provide better value and access as long as the Government stays out of the way.
Nitehawk, I think what you fail to see is that we don't have a free market. We are not even a capitalist country any longer. We are solidly corporatist. Corporations buy politicians (on both sides), write legislation, and lobby to have their interests protected by law. After having written and lobbied for various legislation, competition is crushed, and corporate collusion allows these corporations to keep costs inflated so that they can fleece the American people. America has become the greatest democracy money can buy.

So, if you think the massive telecom companies who pushed for this don't already have a game plan to maintain their markets, crush competition, and boost profits (by charging you MORE)... you're woefully misinformed.

The greatest threat to your wealth and your liberty (at this moment in time) is... corporatocracy.

Last edited by Aquila; 12-28-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

If it weren't for political meme's, Aquila wouldn't have any sources or talking points.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I think you guys will miss the liberty of what you enjoy now.

Over 80% of the American public oppose this. And, when it comes to censorship, those with the most to be concerned about are those who oppose the brazen crony corporatism that has hijacked true capitalism. I assure you, you'll see far less access to those sources.
What's the timeline for your doom and gloom? Within a year? 5 years? Please, explain when we will lose our liberty as you and others claim.

Remember when companies jacked up rates, blocked access to websites and we had no internet liberty back in 2015 before obama pushed net neutrality? Me neither.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
What's the timeline for your doom and gloom? Within a year? 5 years? Please, explain when we will lose our liberty as you and others claim.

Remember when companies jacked up rates, blocked access to websites and we had no internet liberty back in 2015 before obama pushed net neutrality? Me neither.
Surely you realize what Comcast was doing. It was primarily the actions of Comcast that generated so much outrage that the 2015 laws were put into place to prevent companies from tampering with the internet.