Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-25-2021, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Re: More over-reacting to the "Light Doctrine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Possibly. After all, most churches dont really have any doctrine these days, anyway.

Yes some oneness pentecostals are oneness bapticostals.

Good question.

Now, do you have a definite Scripture based soeteriological thesis or argument on the subject? Just asking questions doesn't actually establish much...
There is nothing in the Apostles' teaching that deals with this issue. Thus, we must base our views on what constitutes a genuine baptism on what scripture does teach as mandatory, repentance, and faith in the message of Christ.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
There is nothing in the Apostles' teaching that deals with this issue.
I disagree. That implies God did not foresee the issue arising. I think there is enough data for the church to come to a viable solution beyond just "Don't worry about it".

Quote:
Thus, we must base our views on what constitutes a genuine baptism on what scripture does teach as mandatory, repentance, and faith in the message of Christ.
Faith in the message of Christ does not include a grossly heretical view of God, or a grossly heretical view of salvation, conversion, baptism, repentance, etc. Correct?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-25-2021, 12:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The deception of Eve resulted in sin, loss of access to the presence of God, death, and loss of access to the Tree of Life.

Can another gospel and another Jesus fail to produce the same results?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-26-2021, 07:10 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I disagree. That implies God did not foresee the issue arising. I think there is enough data for the church to come to a viable solution beyond just "Don't worry about it".

Faith in the message of Christ does not include a grossly heretical view of God, or a grossly heretical view of salvation, conversion, baptism, repentance, etc. Correct?
Great response Esaias!
Old 05-26-2021, 07:11 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The deception of Eve resulted in sin, loss of access to the presence of God, death, and loss of access to the Tree of Life.

Preach Brother!
Old 05-26-2021, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

When it came to presenting the gospel, the apostles did not teach an in-depth Godhead view to those listening. They preached the exaltation of Jesus of Nazareth. I have never been to a Oneness or Trinity church where understanding the Godhead was presented as a prerequisite to being born again.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

What "other gospel" are you referring to? The Assemblies of God and the UPCI (for example) preach the same gospel. Where they differ is on what constitutes the correct response to the gospel.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
When it came to presenting the gospel, the apostles did not teach an in-depth Godhead view to those listening. They preached the exaltation of Jesus of Nazareth. I have never been to a Oneness or Trinity church where understanding the Godhead was presented as a prerequisite to being born again.
My question wasn't "Do churches demand understanding the godhead be a requirement before being born again?" It was "Does faith in God include a grossly heretical view" of certain things?

Old 05-26-2021, 11:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
What "other gospel" are you referring to? The Assemblies of God and the UPCI (for example) preach the same gospel. Where they differ is on what constitutes the correct response to the gospel.
O, you're a smart guy. But you are a bit difficult to converse with. You seem distracted in this discussion. I am asking simply "Can heresy about the gospel and/or Jesus produce regeneration?" I am not asking about some particular denomination's view.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

When the Gentiles received the Spirit, Peter asked "Can anyone forbid that these should not be baptised?" The implication is that the church has the authority and indeed the responsibility to investigate candidates for baptism to see whether or not they are suitable and eligible. This in turn means that each proposed baptism must be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

In other words, we should not be looking for an answer to the question "What do we do with people coming from some particular denomination?" so much as "What is THIS PARTICULAR PERSON'S situation?"

Hope that makes sense.