Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:01 PM
BoredOutOfMyMind's Avatar
BoredOutOfMyMind BoredOutOfMyMind is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a cold dark cave.....
Posts: 4,624
Is this Holy or Heathen

__________________
I am not a member here -Do not PM me please?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
Both - the hair is holy, but she has to be a heathen since she's wearing pants!
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
BoredOutOfMyMind's Avatar
BoredOutOfMyMind BoredOutOfMyMind is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a cold dark cave.....
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Both - the hair is holy, but she has to be a heathen since she's wearing pants!

The hair is 2 m 42 cm- Nearly SEVEN FEET long. Never cut for 15 yrs.
__________________
I am not a member here -Do not PM me please?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
It would be more holy if it were in a bun!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
PO - that's a "V-point"
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
I often wonder how many times a woman's long long long long LONG hair becomes more of a stubbling block to some. And by that I mean....when the emphasis is put on longer being better...I remember there was an episode of American Idol that I caught (I don't regularly watch it...in fact I rarely ever have), but there was this girl and her mom with long long long long long LONG hair to the floor and of course they did not wear it up.

It seemed to me they wanted it to be seen. I don't think the world looks at that and says "wow...holy"....

But many of us do. There should never be anything we focus on. Nothing of ourselves we should focus on. It should be just Jesus we focus on.

And this is why I am really against that "power in her hair" doctrine or the magic hair doctrine. Wrong emphasis. Pretty soon we can end up measuring ourselves by ourselves....women that can't grow long long long LONG hair are meant to feel inferior
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Both - the hair is holy, but she has to be a heathen since she's wearing pants!
LOL!

She could drape it over her arm very nicely. She might have to wrap it around her arm to keep it from dragging on the floor though.

A missionary friend of mine had hair past her ankles. I saw it! I stood there in amazement and just thanked God that mine never grew much past my waist. That was plenty long enough.
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:51 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I often wonder how many times a woman's long long long long LONG hair becomes more of a stubbling block to some. And by that I mean....when the emphasis is put on longer being better...I remember there was an episode of American Idol that I caught (I don't regularly watch it...in fact I rarely ever have), but there was this girl and her mom with long long long long long LONG hair to the floor and of course they did not wear it up.

It seemed to me they wanted it to be seen. I don't think the world looks at that and says "wow...holy"....

But many of us do. There should never be anything we focus on. Nothing of ourselves we should focus on. It should be just Jesus we focus on.

And this is why I am really against that "power in her hair" doctrine or the magic hair doctrine. Wrong emphasis. Pretty soon we can end up measuring ourselves by ourselves....women that can't grow long long long LONG hair are meant to feel inferior
Then there are those that "carry" their hair over their arms like it is something to be "honored" or "paraded" to be seen.

Just seems something is misplaced in this.
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Then there are those that "carry" their hair over their arms like it is something to be "honored" or "paraded" to be seen.

Just seems something is misplaced in this.
It is and it to me is absurd. Also something this reminds me of....the "shield" bearers or whatever they are called. In some churches, mostly black, the preacher has some one that "waits" on them and carries their bible like it was the ark of the covenant or something
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
It is and it to me is absurd. Also something this reminds me of....the "shield" bearers or whatever they are called. In some churches, mostly black, the preacher has some one that "waits" on them and carries their bible like it was the ark of the covenant or something
Armour bearers.
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What does having the Holy Spirit mean? MrsMcD Deep Waters 174 03-20-2014 02:51 PM
Un-Holy Trinity? Praxeas Deep Waters 36 02-18-2012 01:38 AM
A Call From The Heathen Night Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 0 04-13-2007 10:35 AM
What makes something Holy? COOPER Fellowship Hall 2 03-21-2007 12:24 PM
Who is more holy? Guy Fellowship Hall 124 03-17-2007 05:20 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.