Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-26-2021, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: Was Sidney Powell wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
When we seceded from Britain it wasn't "legal". Slaves who ran away from their owners did so "illegally". It wasn't "legal" to defect from Communist countries. Having church wasn't "legal" in Communist countries. It wasn't "legal" for Peter to escape prison when the angel broke him out.

Now, as to whether it is practical, whether any states could secede and stay seceded? Well, that would have to be determined outside of any courtrooms.
Secession cannot be labeled as "illegal" as no statute exists forbidding it.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Secession cannot be labeled as "illegal" as no statute exists forbidding it.
It's 2021. Where you been?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 01-27-2021, 08:45 PM
Not riding the train

Heard Sidney on Skyline news say that she had dropped the lawsuit in Georgia because it was legally deemed moot. The reason for that is that the court dragged itís feet running out the clock (no surprise), the Electors were seated, therefore, no reason for the suit being heard.

She said she has no idea what is going on with the courts. She has seen it going downhill, and that the Republicans didnít do anything to fix it when they were in power. Trump claimed to have seated more judges in his term than any other. Donít know if they will matter going forward, we shall see.

She still has outstanding suits that need to be heard and is working on election integrity.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Heard Sidney on Skyline news say that she had dropped the lawsuit in Georgia because it was legally deemed moot. The reason for that is that the court dragged itís feet running out the clock (no surprise), the Electors were seated, therefore, no reason for the suit being heard.

She said she has no idea what is going on with the courts. She has seen it going downhill, and that the Republicans didnít do anything to fix it when they were in power. Trump claimed to have seated more judges in his term than any other. Donít know if they will matter going forward, we shall see.

She still has outstanding suits that need to be heard and is working on election integrity.

After awhile, protecting one's own sef-respect comes into play. I truly feel bad for Powell. She stuck her neck out to help our country and is left hanging.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I know some do..............next year.

Pennsylvania GOP lawmakers are told by SCOTUS in October that they can't file suit over late mail-in voting until AFTER the election. Then the same court refuses to hear the same case after the election because "it's too late, the election is over."
Glad Iím not the only one that noticed that.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Where's the Kraken? I thought she had and was going to release evidence proving that DVS altered the results of the election.

Just read that DVS has now sued Rudy for defamation as well.

Awesome! This opens DVS up for discovery and if Rudy and Sidney really have any evidence, they can not only show what they have but also gain more evidence from DVS.

Unfortunately, this will likely be settled out of court and any terms will be sealed and kept from public view.

I blame these two for putting poison into Trump, giving him false hope, and causing him to continue raging until the last week in office which indirectly caused the Capitol assault that has stained his legacy.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:21 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Where's the Kraken? I thought she had and was going to release evidence proving that DVS altered the results of the election.

Just read that DVS has now sued Rudy for defamation as well.

Awesome! This opens DVS up for discovery and if Rudy and Sidney really have any evidence, they can not only show what they have but also gain more evidence from DVS.

Unfortunately, this will likely be settled out of court and any terms will be sealed and kept from public view.
Position #1

Quote:
I blame these two for putting poison into Trump, giving him false hope, and causing him to continue raging until the last week in office which indirectly caused the Capitol assault that has stained his legacy.
Position #2

As I am sure you are aware, or hope that you are aware, legal cases donít get solved overnight. It is a process, and generally lengthy.

Having said that, my advice to you is that it isnít wise to hold two strong contradictory opinions in one argument.

It almost seems as if you are positioning yourself to flip in the event you are wrong for a nice little save my skin. Hint: it isnít going to happen.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
As I am sure you are aware, or hope that you are aware, legal cases donít get solved overnight. It is a process, and generally lengthy.
Oh really? I had nooooo idea. Thank you so much for explaining that to me, PO. I'm so lucky you're on AFF to tell me these things.

Quote:
Having said that, my advice to you is that it isnít wise to hold two strong contradictory opinions in one argument.
My advice to you is to not assume. What you consider contradictory is not.

"""Where's the Kraken? I thought she had and was going to release evidence proving that DVS altered the results of the election.

Awesome! This opens DVS up for discovery and if Rudy and Sidney really have any evidence, they can not only show what they have but also gain more evidence from DVS."""

If you've read my posts on AFF, I have been very critical of Kraken lady and Rudy. What I posted above was called "sarcasm."

Quote:
It almost seems as if you are positioning yourself to flip in the event you are wrong for a nice little save my skin. Hint: it isnít going to happen.
PO, I really don't care if MY OPINION turns out to be wrong. I post my opinion, that's all.

I stand by my opinion that Kraken lady and Rudy don't have what they've been claiming they have. If they did, there would have been a massive press conference by one of them. There wasn't.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:10 PM
Administrator

This year a lot of Republicans are acting as looney as the liberals we always make fun of. Grasping onto internet rumors and conspiracy theories about massive election fraud (there is incidental election fraud in every election).

The truth is mail in voting did hurt Republicans because it allowed lib dems to make sure every urban neighborhood, housing project, etc both received a ballot and filled it out "correctly" (meaning for Dem candidates). This means people are voting and participating in the process who have no intererest or knowledge in candidates, parties, government, etc. This is one of the resaons in person voting is so important. A person has to make and efffort to vote. Forget the crazy conspiracy theories that have no basis in evidence and have been thrown out of every court. This is the real issue. To make matters worse rather than realziing this and putting forth a stout Republican effort to get people to early vote Trump and his minions trashed mail in and early voting suppressing Republican participation in it. Much like Trump cost us control fo the Senate by trashing the GA election process and saying it was "fake', a "scam" etc.

To add insult to injury Trump surrounded himself toward the end of his term with people who would not speak truth to him but encouraged his wil fantasies of remaining in power. A lot of you ate up every thing he said, approved of it, and took it as truth. I have been a Republican for more decades than many of you have been alive and this year was the first year I have been embarrassed to be one during an election and it's aftermath.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-30-2021, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This year a lot of Republicans are acting as looney as the liberals we always make fun of. Grasping onto internet rumors and conspiracy theories about massive election fraud (there is incidental election fraud in every election).

The truth is mail in voting did hurt Republicans because it allowed lib dems to make sure every urban neighborhood, housing project, etc both received a ballot and filled it out "correctly" (meaning for Dem candidates). This means people are voting and participating in the process who have no intererest or knowledge in candidates, parties, government, etc. This is one of the resaons in person voting is so important. A person has to make and efffort to vote. Forget the crazy conspiracy theories that have no basis in evidence and have been thrown out of every court. This is the real issue. To make matters worse rather than realziing this and putting forth a stout Republican effort to get people to early vote Trump and his minions trashed mail in and early voting suppressing Republican participation in it. Much like Trump cost us control fo the Senate by trashing the GA election process and saying it was "fake', a "scam" etc.

To add insult to injury Trump surrounded himself toward the end of his term with people who would not speak truth to him but encouraged his wil fantasies of remaining in power. A lot of you ate up every thing he said, approved of it, and took it as truth. I have been a Republican for more decades than many of you have been alive and this year was the first year I have been embarrassed to be one during an election and it's aftermath.
YES!