Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Follower of Jesus

Prophecy of Upcoming Attack on the United States

He that hath ears to hear let him hear...

I thought this was interesting, I like Wolfgang Simson, some feel that he is too radical. But I like guys who challenge me and get me at least to think differently about things that we accept as sacred, when really they are just ways that we have adapted the truth to our understanding. Either way here it is.

Tell me what you think, is there a witness in your spirit, or is the author suffering from some type of delusion who thinks he can hear from God.

Swiss Prophet Foresees Pending Muslim-Terrorist Attack on the US, Causing a Poison Cloud to Emerge; Thousands Will Die.
By Wolfgang Simson - May 22, 2006

Over 20 nights in a row, well-respected prophetic voice Erich Reber (Switzerland) has had vivid and detailed visions of an imminent terrorist-motivated attack on the USA. Before we look at the details, let’s have a look at the man himself.

Erich Reber is a well-known prophetic figure far beyond his native Switzerland. The long-term accuracy of his prophetic ministry that began in 1987 is often so remarkable that even secular businessmen and psychiatrists regularly come to him for counsel—and come again because of the startling behind-the-scenes insights that Reber has as he prays.
Having observed Erich Rebers’ prophetic ministry over 12 years now on various levels, personally, corporately and nationally, I think I, as well as a large group of mainstream evangelical theologians of various churches, can testify and underwrite his dedication to accuracy and transparency, without any hint of an uncomfortable pseudo-prophetic I-told-you-so-triumphalism that more than often accompanies the subject. Erich has accurately foreseen (or pre-experienced, as we call those experiences of open visions in which a person is actually inside a future event) a number of world level events. Six months before 9/11 Erich experienced an open vision in which he found himself trapped in a collapsing high-rise building and almost lost his mind in this trap of concrete. God made him to revisit the situation seven times. In a vision on the first Sunday in July 2005 God showed him that He was going to shake London—and only one week later the subway-bombing in London took place (July 8, 2005).

The Poison Cloud over the US
In a vision in autumn 2002 Reber saw a terrorist attack (with islamic background) on the US, that will be so devastating that many thousands will be found dead. Reber, who first delivered this prophecy in Canada upon invitation of David Demian, says he has been transported by the Spirit of God into the very US cities and neighborhoods where this is going to happen and saw the many dead bodies strewn about. Ten months ago, God let him revisit the vision and told him to speak it to America. On May 6, 2006 Erich shared this vision for the first time in the US at a seminar in St. Paul, Minnesota hosted by Lutheran Renewal.
“It looked far worse than after the 2004 Tsunami”, he said. “The result of this attack will be the emergence of a cloud of poison that will hover over the US, and then slowly, over a number of days, move towards Canada.
“This attack will have two results: First: it will lead to a great and new quest for God. The followers of Jesus in the US therefore should get ready for a large harvest of people previously unmoved by God. Second, the US as a nation will overreact and retaliate with military means so strong that this will lead to a huge humiliation and demoralization of the Islamic world. America and some political Allies will lead a military strike of such a force that millions of Muslims will cry out to Allah in desperation—in a similarly unanswered way as Christians in America who merely cry out to God to do something. Then, many Muslims will cry out for help “to anyone”, and this will be the time when Jesus will reveal himself to them. This, in turn, will open an entirely new door for the gospel, and many Muslims will be brought into the Kingdom of God."

What to Do in Preparation?
Asked whether this attack can be prevented by prayer or repentance, Erich says: “I wish it could be averted, but I feel this is part of a judgment that God has firmly planned for America. Maybe as we get ready for such an event and stand on our guard, ready to use our rod, that is, our God-given authority to command the cloud to be cast away, it will be possible to lessen the devastating impact of the attack. And if we prepare wisely, maybe thousands of lives can be spared. But my main admonition that I seemed to have heard from God is this:

“Eat my word! As we in Switzerland saw news reports in the aftermath of the devastation of 9/11, there were many stories showing the responses of the churches in America. What we saw were churches that had a few moments of silence and then lit candles in remembrance of the lives that were lost—that was all. God has told me that America loves a good show, conferences, strategies, concepts and charismatic figures, but does not eat my Word anymore. In a dream, God showed me my own three-year-old son, Joel, who sat at my feet, ripping out page after page of a small Bible, and stuffing it into his little mouth. Whenever he had swallowed a page, his face became radiant. Immediately I thought of Ezekiel, who was told by God to 'eat the scroll', and of the passage in the Gospel of John, 'whoever believes in me as the scriptures say, streams of living waters will flow from within him.'

“When such things happen, those who follow Jesus should not light one more candle, observe not one more minute of silence, but be the live-answer to those who desperately need answers. And this answer is the same that the jailor in the book of Acts got. His jail felt like the safest place in town; no robber would think of breaking into the town jail. This is how many in America think of themselves: safe and far away from an attack. However, one earthquake reduced all that to rubble. In despair, the jailor wanted to take his own life. But Paul and Silas, who had not run away, still sat there and did two things: they told him about Jesus and spoke to him the word of the Lord. This will be the very role of those following Jesus in such moments: to be the answer of God right where answers are needed. Christians are not to lose their heads in fear when disaster strikes. But if we have not filled ourselves with the scriptures, we will have nothing to say. Therefore, I encourage everyone to very soon plan special time-outs with God, 'go with him on the mountain' as the two disciples in the story of Jesus on the mountain of transfiguration, and get ready for the tumultuous times ahead.
"Stretch out your hand. Since, humanly speaking, there is nothing that people could do, in utter fear and frustration many will cry out to God, feeling like the people of Israel trapped between the army of Egypt and the Red Sea. However, God will answer, as he did to Moses: ‘Why do you cry so loud to me? Stretch out your hand and use your rod!’ And as people would pray in unity and authority, they will see the cloud cast into the sea. Just loudly crying in agony to God won’t work.
"In preparation for this, all those in positions of authority are to align resources and disaster relief, from the Department of Defense, to churches, to faith-based humanitarian services. They are to plan to work together more closely to coordinate necessary evacuation measurements, transportation, gas mask provision, helpful media statements, etc. And let us never forget that the Bible teaches us that humans are never the enemy. 'We fight not against flesh and blood.' Let forgiveness, mercy and wisdom govern our actions, not hate, anger and vengeance. It is my prayer that God will limit any judgment and maximize every blessing for America!”

Wolfgang Simson and Erich Reber are both part of a Switzerland-based ministry team called “Kingdom Ministries” (www.kministries.ch/english.html). Wolfgang Simson is author of numerous books on biblical economy, Church and Missions, and is the editor of the widely read E-Bulletin, “Fridayfax”, now Starfish-Fax (www.ffax2.com).

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Re: Prophecy of Upcoming Attack on the United Stat

Uhhhh, I am moving to South America!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Is he apostolic? By that I mean is he one God, Jesus name baptism for the remission of sins, Acts 2:38 salvation, and holiness?

What's his record on prophecies? Did any not come to pass?
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Ok, here is what I think.

anyone givine a prophecy that tells of an islamic extremist terrorist attack on the United States isnt a prophet. they are an oppurtunist.

I mean come on, its like looking at niagra falls and saying "thus sayeth the Lord, get too close and you will get wet".

The crazy thing is, Christians will nod knowingly that Gawd has given his warning. And when it happens, Christians will say "see, Gawd told us".

come on, we all know the islamists are trying to kill us. We all know they want to bomb us. we all know that the only reason why it hasnt happened since 9/11 is because we have caught the ones who have tried.

As GWB has said, we have to be right every time, they only have to be right once.

This aint no prophsey is a guy coming up with what we already know.

PS, if California falls into the ocean, that doesnt make all those psychics right either.

Now if dude rolls up and provides a date and time and a location, and that happens, then I might be inclined to take at least some notice.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post
Is he apostolic? By that I mean is he one God, Jesus name baptism for the remission of sins, Acts 2:38 salvation, and holiness?

Are you asking cause it is an issue of validity? Or are you asking cause if he ain't one of us then it can't be true? Does it matter if he missed on 1 prophecy or 2, or 3? What is the minimum or max you are looking for him to have missed?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Ok, here is what I think.

anyone givine a prophecy that tells of an islamic extremist terrorist attack on the United States isnt a prophet. they are an oppurtunist.

I mean come on, its like looking at niagra falls and saying "thus sayeth the Lord, get too close and you will get wet".

The crazy thing is, Christians will nod knowingly that Gawd has given his warning. And when it happens, Christians will say "see, Gawd told us".

come on, we all know the islamists are trying to kill us. We all know they want to bomb us. we all know that the only reason why it hasnt happened since 9/11 is because we have caught the ones who have tried.

As GWB has said, we have to be right every time, they only have to be right once.

This aint no prophsey is a guy coming up with what we already know.

PS, if California falls into the ocean, that doesnt make all those psychics right either.

Now if dude rolls up and provides a date and time and a location, and that happens, then I might be inclined to take at least some notice.

If CA does fall in the ocean then yeah it would make them right.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Are you asking cause it is an issue of validity? Or are you asking cause if he ain't one of us then it can't be true? Does it matter if he missed on 1 prophecy or 2, or 3? What is the minimum or max you are looking for him to have missed?
The bible speaks of prophets and the bible speaks of false prophets so just because someone prophecies something, that doesn't mean that they are a true prophet.

I'm not saying the guy is a false prophet, I just making some enquiries.

Some interesting scriptures that speak of prophets are:

Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deu 13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

1Co 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ [Jehovah Saviour Messiah] is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ [Jehovah Saviour Messiah] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jer 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem a horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
Jer 23:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.
Jer 23:16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
Jer 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

Jer 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jer 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
Jer 23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
Jer 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Jer 23:30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbor.
Jer 23:31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
Jer 23:32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

If he is not apostolic, then I would have my doubts.

What does it matter what my opinion on how many prophecies he has gotten wrong? My opinion means nothing. But what does God have to say on the subject? That is what is important.

Opinions are just that - opinions. Winds of doctrine come and go and that which can be shaken will be shaken.

Let's see what happens.
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldpaths View Post

Good questions, OP.

But around these parts, there are some who think such questions are irrelevant.

They feel if a man is called "a prophet" , then that should be enough for us to consider him "a prophet".

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Good questions, OP.

But around these parts, there are some who think such questions are irrelevant.

They feel if a man is called "a prophet" , then that should be enough for us to consider him "a prophet".
Thanks TR.

Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

The only so-called "prophets" I have ever met were of the celebrity kind -invited up on stage after weeks/months of advertisements, to give their prophetic "word of knowledge"'s. Usually many are slain in the spirit because of his Svengali ways. Others threaten bodily harm or eternal damnation to any who would dare question his gifts.
Most listen to his semi-random utterances and shot gun like proclamations and see exactly what they need to see for their lives.

I see someone who still can't win the million dollar prize being offered by James Randi for ANYONE who can show supernatural abilities under laboratory conditions.