Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: Televangelist's Family Prosper's From Ministry

please see post #96,#110, #119,#120

If you support a minister living in such way, give me scripture, especially new testament scripture. Really, you would have a hard time giving old testament scripture, since priests weren't even allowed to own land.

I stand by my posistion.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Saved by Grace

Thread BUMP for Atlanta Bishop

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Saved by Grace

from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Of course you do, you support all the TBN profits and their get rich quick schemes. Kennteh Copeland and the likes.,,,,not to mention Creflo DOLLAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
You are a liar!
Quote:
Go ahead and prove that I "support" any or all of these. You just flat out lied and for what reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
For a "Bishop" you are sure quick to condemn someone as a liar. Kind of like when you told me to "shut my stupid mouth".
to your credit, you did edit the post about shutting my stupid mouth, though I would expect a "man of the cloth" to be a little more careful with lashing out at people and accusations.

People can read, let them decide if I am a liar.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
OK - Jason - whom I disagree with...I apologize for calling you a liar. I will say that you don't have a clue what you are talking about but if you want to make false accusations and then claim to "have the TRUTH" have at it. I will also say that you did not tell the truth.
Apology accepted. At the very least I misunderstand your posistion on these guys, from what I read you definetly seem to support, or at least favor them, if you prefer that wording. Anyhow in the future, please do be slow with accusations. If you post on a forum with people who are saints, sinners, laity and ministry, and chhose "Bishop" as your screen name, people expect you to personify that title. I have asked "Evangalist" Benicasa to live up to his title also.

I personally think it looks petty, and downright bad when preachers get on here and start insulting people.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
so tv1a at what point does it become okay to live like a king? I would think in the very least not until the FAITHFUL people of the congregation at least have neceessities. Or tell them they don't have to keep tithing to copeland while their families go without the basics. Plus, its not hard to give alot, when you take so much in. big deal if he hs given money, often times these charismatics preachers give money to each other, just pasing the wealth around. Mike Murdock was telling a story how that a preacher friend of his gave him a million dollars, and he got some rare car, that was one of only 10 made, blah, blah, blah. Then He told the people that he needed 1000 people to send him $1,000, and that every time "God blesses me, He will bless you. If God gives me a rolex, He will give you a rolex." (why don't we have a PUKE smiley?)

Anyway Mike Murdock's church is in Haltom City (which I drive by on my way back from Arlington on sunday mornings) and the people leaving his church are driving clunkers, windows down (NO A/C) its 105 degrees outside. and this guy is living out in Argyle in a mansions, he literally has exoctic animals as pets, lions, tigers, I can't remember what, all kinds of cars, the list goes on and on. This makes me sick, I don't understand how anyone can sit here and think that ANY preacher is entitled to live like this. I don't care how much they give, or how great a preacher, no PREACHER should live like this in this present life. I'm not against a precher being blessed or having nice thing, My former pastor had a nice home, new cars, a pool ,and a nice RV. I got no problem with that, I have a problem with houses that cost more than large churches, and more than you can buy an entire grocery store for, and private jets, and exotic animals, and vacations homes, etc. Where are you pukey smiley, because i am sick.
I was googling some stuff on Mike Murdock and AFF came up. I read this long lost post.

classic post.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
But, the Church is not a corporation. It is the church, period. All that money is wasted!
Wasted Where???

you wanted that money didn't you?? tell the truth I won't tell ..
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a
If I am a preacher and I am giving 40-80 percent of my income back into the kingdom of God, I'd salute the naysayers with one finger as I bask in the blessings of the Lord.
Bwahahaha
Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Maybe Copeland has a good heart and good intentions (not to sound corny). I've never met the dude or been part of his congregation. However, he has been in the news within the last year or so for the very reason that he has a private jet and lives such a luxurious lifestyle. Whatever the outcome will be, I don't know. I haven't seen anything else. I will say, though, that whoever might be familiar with Doyle Wilson in Plano (Water of Life Church, broadcast on one of the local access channels), Copeland reminds me an awful lot of Doyle in looks and personality. I don't watch Doyle's services, except on rare occasion just for the disbelief of what I've heard and researched on him. Anyway, Copeland's empire will either continue as-is or won't. We don't know; God only knows regardless of what the news reports and how...
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Maybe Copeland has a good heart and good intentions (not to sound corny). I've never met the dude or been part of his congregation. However, he has been in the news within the last year or so for the very reason that he has a private jet and lives such a luxurious lifestyle. Whatever the outcome will be, I don't know. I haven't seen anything else. I will say, though, that whoever might be familiar with Doyle Wilson in Plano (Water of Life Church, broadcast on one of the local access channels), Copeland reminds me an awful lot of Doyle in looks and personality. I don't watch Doyle's services, except on rare occasion just for the disbelief of what I've heard and researched on him. Anyway, Copeland's empire will either continue as-is or won't. We don't know; God only knows regardless of what the news reports and how...

I will say this about Bro. Copeland; he is practicing what he preaches..and I have never heard now will I believe that he will ever speak a word against any brother in Christ..nor against any enemies of the Body of Christ...every word is tempered with mercy to them who are enemies...which is easy to be that way when you are so successful at what you do I suppose....I've been to at least four of his conventions throughout the 80's....

He's probably relishing this event in his life as a challenge from the devil, a test, and an opportunity for his teachings to get a broader audience...

I have learned from my relationship with his and other ministries like his to absolutely rely on the power of God..To use the promises of God enforce my will in the earth through faith, by the gospel...The Word of God has forged in me a hardened soldier in Christ....
Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverslivnwtr

I will say this about Bro. Copeland; he is practicing what he preaches..and I have never heard now will I believe that he will ever speak a word against any brother in Christ..nor against any enemies of the Body of Christ...every word is tempered with mercy to them who are enemies...which is easy to be that way when you are so successful at what you do I suppose....I've been to at least four of his conventions throughout the 80's....

He's probably relishing this event in his life as a challenge from the devil, a test, and an opportunity for his teachings to get a broader audience...

I have learned from my relationship with his and other ministries like his to absolutely rely on the power of God..To use the promises of God enforce my will in the earth through faith, by the gospel...The Word of God has forged in me a hardened soldier in Christ....
Heresy and you've been duped. Claiming you can "..enfore my will in the earth..." Just like that false "power of the spoken word" heresy.