Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

What's your definition of the Oneness of God?

I realize that many have a different understanding of the Oneness of God, what's yours?

Just want to bring a change to the atmosphere. After 70 pages on "is having a beard a sin." And all the threads on baptisms!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: What's your definition of the Oneness of God?

God is a Spirit John 4:24

There is One Spirit Ephesians 4:4

The Lord (Jesus) is that Spirit 2 Corinthians 3:17

Jesus told Philip "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" John 14:9
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Jesus existed before the incarnation as God, He became incarnate and called the flesh the Son, the Christ. The flesh died but Jesus as God didn't die, just the flesh. Jesus came back on the day of Pentecost, manifesting as the HG. Still one God.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
God is a Spirit John 4:24

There is One Spirit Ephesians 4:4

The Lord (Jesus) is that Spirit 2 Corinthians 3:17

Jesus told Philip "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" John 14:9
Old 04-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Jesus existed before the incarnation as God, He became incarnate and called the flesh the Son, the Christ. The flesh died but Jesus as God didn't die, just the flesh. Jesus came back on the day of Pentecost, manifesting as the HG. Still one God.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

The “ hear ye oh Israel the lord our God is one lord” predates any real opposition from any trinity doctrine.
So we know the oneness doctrine had to be addressing something other than how to slice up the godhead.
I think it meant God wanted to be the only God of the individuals life.
Israel had their bouts with false gods. I think Judaism is defined largely by its one- god position. After erring many times and suffering the chastisement of God, they don’t seem to seek out idol gods anymore , in a sense.
But the The problem that plagues humanity including the Jews is that they can and will make a God out of anything and this is where the commandment “hear ye oh Israel the Lord our God as one Lord “ really comes into effect. Here it has its place, it is the will of God that he be the only God of our life and that there be no other gods before him . It doesn’t matter if it’s your car, if it’s your house, if it’s your doctrine, if it’s your church , if it’s your beauty , if it’s your Health , or if it’s your talent , there can’t be any other gods than him. When he said “ thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church “ he was actually in effect making clear that his church would be built up on the one condition that he would be the only god of the individuals life, but at last it has come down to a way for the oneness people to dispute the Trinitarian doctrine and that’s usually where it has its place in most churches And they believe this is its greatest use.

Last edited by james34; 01-27-2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
The “ hear ye oh Israel the lord our God is one lord” predates any real opposition from any trinity doctrine.
So we know the oneness doctrine had to be addressing something other than how to slice up the godhead.
I think it meant God wanted to be the only God of the individuals life.
Israel had their bouts with false gods. I think Judaism is defined largely by its one- god position. After erring many times and suffering the chastisement of God, they don’t seem to seek out idol gods anymore , in a sense.
But the The problem that plagues humanity including the Jews is that they can and will make a God out of anything and this is where the commandment “hear ye oh Israel the Lord our God as one Lord “ really comes into effect. Here it has its place, it is the will of God that he be the only God of our life and that there be no other gods before him . It doesn’t matter if it’s your car, if it’s your house, if it’s your doctrine, if it’s your church , if it’s your beauty , if it’s your Health , or if it’s your talent , there can’t be any other gods than him. When he said “ thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church “ he was actually in effect making clear that his church would be built up on the one condition that he would be the only god of the individuals life, but at last it has come down to a way for the oneness people to dispute the Trinitarian doctrine and that’s usually where it has its place in most churches And they believe this is its greatest use.
When you view the Oneness this way it is much stronger, IOW,

1) If you don’t understand the godhead exactly as Peter did can you be saved?
I think yes.
2) If you have any god , other than God, can you be saved? I believe you have obvious trouble ( no sin shall enter that city)

Thou shalt have no other gods…..
Old 10-24-2022, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

God is a Spirit

The “man”, Jesus Christ is the Son of God after the flesh.

Mary(mother) + Holy Ghost overshadowing (Father) = Jesus Christ (Son)

The trinity incorrectly teaches 3 persons in the godhead.

Jesus Christ is the “only person” in the godhead.

Yes there must be some distinction between the body of Christ and the Spirit of God. IOW, if the incarnate body was the entirety of God, It would be impossible for Him to die.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus is the visible person of the invisible God.

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

I expect to only see Jesus resurrected body seated on the throne in Heaven one day. I don’t expect a corporation or royal family in heaven with distinct personalities with different placement and sitting order.