Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
beast, mark

Old 09-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Mark of the Beast may be only 2 1/2 years away

I am post trib..yes I prep...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 09-04-2022, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: Mark of the Beast may be only 2 1/2 years away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I am post trib..yes I prep...
Thanks for the reply to my question Sis. Alvear !

I read online where even average (non-survivalist) canned foods can be good for years beyond the "use by" date if undented and properly stored.

So food and water are pretty obvious needs, and a way to purify water can reduce the need to have a big reserve of bottled water.

I've been researching some solar powered generators that can provide 120v power if electricity is not available, there is even a small solar powered battery recharger you can use with rechargeable AA or 9v batteries.

Unless we get martyred before the end I figured we will have about 3 1/2 years to survive without being able to "buy or sell" after the "mark" is made mandatory and we obviously must refuse it.

I do not say this with any fear because I believe God will give us the grace to endure just like He did with the early Christians who suffered persecution.

I believe God expects us to do what we can do and trust Him with what we can't do.

If you don't want to quote exact supplies you have I understand, but in general what areas of prepping have you done ?

I appreciate any ideas anyone has to share on prepping !
Acts 2:38 is a must, not simply an option !
Old 09-06-2022, 08:50 AM
Sister Alvear

Brother Gary can you send me your e mail address?

Old 09-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Sister Alvear

I really believe with all my heart the church will go through tribulation...and no I do not believe it is past...However I grew up in a church where my pastor taught this and the Lord gave me a dream many years ago when I was just a child and if I am wrong...how wonderful...but if I am right there will be a lot of surprised people...

Old 09-06-2022, 08:55 AM
Sister Alvear

Bishop Bryan Taylor was my pastor. He is now retired. I also grew up listening to Sister A.O. Holmes preach and she also believed the church would go through the tribulation.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brother Gary can you send me your e mail address?
Just sent it via the private message system of the forum.

Quote:
I really believe with all my heart the church will go through tribulation...and no I do not believe it is past...However I grew up in a church where my pastor taught this and the Lord gave me a dream many years ago when I was just a child and if I am wrong...how wonderful...but if I am right there will be a lot of surprised people...
Yep, many will be surprised, I try to encourage people to at least consider the possibility of post-trib in hopes as more things happen in world events they will realize it is a lot more of a possibility than they originally thought.

Quote:
Bishop Bryan Taylor was my pastor. He is now retired. I also grew up listening to Sister A.O. Holmes preach and she also believed the church would go through the tribulation.
I have been post-trib at least 20 years or longer, when I saw the scriptures supporting it it was just too obvious to think otherwise.

I can appreciate many people not wanting to think they will have to endure to the end thru the Great Tribulation, but if the God gave the early Christians the grace to endure the persecution they went thru I believe He will do the same for us !
Old 09-06-2022, 09:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Pretrib rapturism is heresy.

But posttrib is an error based upon a misunderstanding. The Bible CERTAINLY teaches that in the world we will have tribulation AND persecution. But all futurists have failed to pay attention to an important detail:

Mark 13:7-8 KJV
And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. [8] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Verse 8 begins with "for", which means because. Verse 8 is explanatory material for verse 7. Verse 7 happens BECAUSE of verse 8.

Which means these things are NOT "signs of the end times".

And no, I am not a preterist.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-06-2022, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

For those who want to know why I am very much convinced post-trib is indeed scriptural please click on the link below and read the entire scripture study -

http://kenraggio.com/KRPN-WhenWillTh...eTakePlace.htm

(it's easier to post that study then to type out all the various scriptures)

If after reading it all you still disagree then we'll just "agree to disagree" and leave it at that, but at least you'll understand why post-tribbers believe the way they do.

(and if you're not convinced after reading that study, then maybe once the "mark" is made mandatory to buy or sell you might be convinced then, but I sincerely hope you are convinced before then)

(there are places where people are using a chip implanted in their hand to buy stuff now, so the time is getting closer to it becoming fulfilled prophecy once it is made mandatory)
Old 09-07-2022, 12:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

So you're just advertising brother Raggio's website, then? SEO type stuff? Got it.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

I am sorry you misunderstand and assume, but if you read my post I said:

"(it's easier to post that study then to type out all the various scriptures)"

......if someone has a good lengthy scripture study already online that includes the scriptures you want to share then why not post it in order to save time by not having to type out all the same info again, it's that simple.

(not that there is anything wrong with advertising a website that has a lot of helpful scripture studies, but in this instance I was simply thinking of it as an easy way to share the many scriptures I wanted to share that was already included in that study)

For the record I do not work for Bro. Raggio, I simply like to share some of his scripture studies because they can be of help to others, if you disagree with his studies that is your choice, but please don't assume it is merely only just to promote his website, but it is rather to share studies I believe can be of help to others. (if you want to think of sharing scripture studies in a negative way as if such sharing was promoting in a negative context then that is your view, but I am glad to "promote" any scripture studies that I believe can be a help to others)

There are places that make printed apostolic Bible tracts and Bible studies to share with others, if there is nothing wrong with sharing printed material then there is nothing wrong with sharing online studies.

Last edited by BroGary; 09-07-2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added a thought