Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Question for UPC ministers concerning the "New Church Order"

Though it has been talked about on the forum, in case someone doesn't know Bishop Phillips, Wendell Hutchins, and Johnathon Suber have formed a fellowship called "New Church Order". They now state to have over 800 ministers affiliated with them
On the website site it says that the NCO is a fellowship not a denomination and therefore you don't have to leave your current denomination or organization to be a part of the NCO.

My question is this, has anyone heard or know what the UPC would say if their ministers were to join the NCO fellowship? Can the UPC prevent it's ministers from joining or fellowshipping with the NCO?

just curious.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
Though it has been talked about on the forum, in case someone doesn't know Bishop Phillips, Wendell Hutchins, and Johnathon Suber have formed a fellowship called "New Church Order". They now state to have over 800 ministers affiliated with them
On the website site it says that the NCO is a fellowship not a denomination and therefore you don't have to leave your current denomination or organization to be a part of the NCO.

My question is this, has anyone heard or know what the UPC would say if their ministers were to join the NCO fellowship? Can the UPC prevent it's ministers from joining or fellowshipping with the NCO?

just curious.
I think some already have... this has been discussed quiet a bit on here... check for some previous threads..
Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Why would a UPC preacher want to affiliate with people who swallow whole both the divine flesh doctrine and Rowe's Adam doctrine?

I think I know the answer, but it grieves me.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I think some already have... this has been discussed quiet a bit on here... check for some previous threads..
I haven't seen where it was discussed about UPC ministers joing the NCO and also maintaining their affiliation with the UPC.

Do you remember the thread?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
I haven't seen where it was discussed about UPC ministers joing the NCO and also maintaining their affiliation with the UPC.

Do you remember the thread?
We discussed this here, CP:

http://apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=6423
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM

It is my belief that Resolution 3 seeks to solidify a district board's power to make it hard on those who fellowship outside the org.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Why would a UPC preacher want to affiliate with people who swallow whole both the divine flesh doctrine and Rowe's Adam doctrine?

I think I know the answer, but it grieves me.
The NCO does not endorse these doctrines ... and my obfuscating friend knows this ... The NCO has partnered with over 170 Oneness organizations under the AWCF umbrella ... some ranging from Sabbatarians, Preterists to the UltraCon flavor.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
The NCO does not endorse these doctrines ... and my obfuscating friend knows this ... The NCO has partnered with over 170 Oneness organizations under the AWCF umbrella ... some ranging from Sabbatarians, Preterists to the UltraCon flavor.

No obfuscation here.

They are in fellowship with false doctrine, plain and simple, and it is false doctrine of the heretical variety.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank you, Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
No obfuscation here.

They are in fellowship with false doctrine, plain and simple, and it is false doctrine of the heretical variety.
Personally I did not expect anything different. I am not surprised at the bolded fact, as a matter of fact it is expected. But they are so very progressive, Yeah, Right.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Are there UC's in fellowship with the AWCF. I would think that their fellowshipping this group would negate their being UC's.